We just stayed 1 night at the St. Regis- which was too bad because I could get used to it there! There were some little things that I didn't like that were a bit of a surprise to me given the status of this hotel but you have to decide do you overlook them b/c of the quality of the rooms/grounds/etc.
We are SPG Platinum guests and we were upgraded to an Executive suite which was HUGE and the bathroom was absolutely like none other I've ever seen! We had a butler but I don't think the butler service was that good. He said he would bring us his personal restaurant recommendations and never showed up with them. When we called about it they just sent up the standard list they give everyone. We were disappointed b/c he seemed to be so ready to give us his PERSONAL list! We had set up a time for tea and hot cocoa to be delivered the next morning at 7am but later than night we realized the time change was taking place and I called to cancel that 7am delivery and told them I would just call them instead. Well, at 7am there was a butler outside our door knocking- I guess he didn't get the message. I was disappointed in the butler service for sure! They also kept calling us by another guest's last name every time we called them. Finally they changed it manually when we asked if that guest was going to pay our bill. So those are little things but when spending this kind of money at this kind of hotel you would think the personal touches would be better. The rooms are amazing, the pools/grounds are amazing. The only other warning is the Ocean in front of the Monarch Bay Club. We had lunch which was delicious at the club and then the kids went to play in the waves and a man w/ the hotel told them to stay out of the water as there is bacteria in the water. Evidently, the beach area owned by the St. Regis is contaminated w/ raw sewage flowing out to sea from inland. You can see where it flows in. So I thought that was very disappointing and should be told to people up front. So now you know! YOu can go down the beach on the other side of the flow of water and be safe. It's not a big deal but still not expected at this type of resort. It's a great stay just don't expect to swim in the ocean- stick with the pool up by the hotel. Valet gets very very busy on weekends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Pacific Ocean stands The St. Regis Monarch Beach. Crowned with the Forbes Five-Star, AAA Five-Diamond Award, the resort delivers an experience beyond expectation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your St. Regis, Monarch Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis, Monarch Beach Hotel Dana Point
- St Regis Dana Point
- St Regis Resort Monarch Beach