Stayed here for the first time this past weekend with wife and 2 small kids. First let me say this is a beautiful hotel. It feel and looks exactly like the st regis in Mallorca, Spain. Great pools. Especially great kids pools, where our kids played with Torri Spelling and her kids. Anyway.
I wrote them ahead of time to tell them it was my 3-year-olds birthday and to ask for a platinum upgrade -- if available. A very nice "reservation butler" called me and told me they only upgrade Platinums to better views -- not suites, but, she said, they would confirm an upgrade for us ahead of time for the special occasion. A very generous offer. And i immediately saw the upgrade to executive suite reflected in my spg app. We checked in the next day and, of course, i hear "we have upgraded you to a nice king view room." I ask about my suite and they say they don't upgrade platinums. I mention the reservation butler i spoke with and they claimed to not know this woman -- even though I showed them her email. Any way, they "found" an executive suite so all was well -- but annoying to have to go through this.
We checked in around 9pm. Finally got to room. The executive suite is beautiful. Just one room, but nice and big with a fantastic bathroom. What you'd expect from st regis. Very nice. However, that night, after putting the kids to bed, our door buzzer rings at 10:30pm waking the kids. I open the door and it's some hotel fool bringing us a small birthday tart -- for my 3 year-old at 10:30pm??? Ahh, nice touch, but not st regis service. Just dumb.
I should say, the next morning they brought a small teddy bear and ballons. A very sweet touch. Also, when I told them at the restaurant they brought chocolate chip pancakes all decorated. So overall, I think they did a great job making our son feel special. Some toys even required a screwdriver, and our butler helped sort that out for us.
We will definitely come back for a quick weekend get-a-way. A couple of annoying hiccups for a 5-star hotel, but this has to be one of the nicest spg properties in the continental US.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis, Monarch Beach Hotel
- St. Regis, Monarch Beach Hotel Dana Point
- St Regis Dana Point
- St Regis Resort Monarch Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Pacific Ocean stands The St. Regis Monarch Beach. Crowned with the Forbes Five-Star, AAA Five-Diamond Award, the resort delivers an experience beyond expectation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Starwood, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Amex, Travelocity, Olotels, EasyToBook, Otel and Tingo so you can book your St. Regis, Monarch Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.