This property is set on a hill overlooking the ocean. We enjoyed 80+ degree days in late October!
Check in is easy... but no upgrades were available for starwood gold members... which seems to be the norm for this program. Our room was nice and was well stocked with amenities. We overlooked the pool and had a peekaboo ocean view from the balcony. Staff is attentive but not overbearing. The spa is excellent.... clean... very relaxing. Although this is a beach resort... the walk from the hotel to the beach is further than most would feel comfortable with... so they do have a golf cart type shuttle service to transport you back and forth. We did encounter a bit of a line (and some rude line cutters) which translated to a 30 minute wait.
We tried 3 different restaurants on the property. We like Stonehill Tavern the most... but all were excellent. They have a private restaurant on the beach that I would highly recommend for its view and intimacy.
The pool is a salt water system heated comfortably. Although I don't golf... many guests were out enjoying the golf course and ideal weather.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Pacific Ocean stands The St. Regis Monarch Beach. Crowned with the Forbes Five-Star, AAA Five-Diamond Award, the resort delivers an experience beyond expectation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your St. Regis, Monarch Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis, Monarch Beach Hotel Dana Point
- St Regis Dana Point
- St Regis Resort Monarch Beach