We stayed for a four day visit over the Easter weekend. We used points for several nights and paid for one. Yes, as stated in an earlier review this hotel requires many points to get a free night. My husband is a starwood gold and they upgraded our room to one with a nicer view which was quite wonderful of them to do. The room itself was fine, bathroom was luxurious with all the amenities being upscale and plentiful. The nightly turndown service is a plus. However, I did not like that the fabric headboard on one of the beds was stained, I shutter to think what it was but there were two large brown stains. There was also a large brown stain on the inside of one of the drapes leading out to the lanai.
Also, we did not like that even though we used tons of points for two "free" nights we were still charged a seperate resort fee each day and if you bring a car be prepared to pay for the privelege of having it parked there each day. I don't like that aspect at all.
We ate and drank poolside, yes prices are steep, but if you only do it once a day while lounging by the pool it is worth it. There are so many wonderful restaurants nearby that there is really no reason to pay the ridiculous prices the hotel charges for breakfast and dinner.
The pool staff were gracious but not many around, maybe it was because of the low occupancy rate at the hotel at this time of year.
Pool grounds and hotel grounds were gorgeous and lovely and well kept. Front desk was accomodating and polite as were all the valets and bellmen.
The beach was nice as was the beachclub and the staff at the beach and beachclub were all very nice and hardworking.
I thought the staff at the spa was wonderful every step of the way. Everything was spotless, all our needs, down to the most miniscule were met. It really is a huge plus to the hotel to have the spa facilities and staff taht they do. The fitness room was more than adequate as well.
All in all, it was a very nice stay and we would return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Pacific Ocean stands The St. Regis Monarch Beach. Crowned with the Forbes Five-Star, AAA Five-Diamond Award, the resort delivers an experience beyond expectation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your St. Regis, Monarch Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis, Monarch Beach Hotel Dana Point
- St Regis Dana Point
- St Regis Resort Monarch Beach