“Liars - they steal your money” 1 of 5 stars

Dana Point Harbor Inn
25325 Dana Point Harbor Drive, Dana Point, CA 92629   |
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Dana Point
Los Angeles, California
“Liars - they steal your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Nothing more to say. Stay away.
I researched this hotel and found that on Tripadvisers the review was that their pool was closed due to violations with the health department. So, before I made the reservation, I called and was told that the pool was open.
When we arrived, we found that the pool had been closed for day. They said that they were "painting" the pool. This was a lie, there was no evidence of "painting." We left and were not refunded out money.
We paid for a hotel with a pool, and didn't get a pool. Scum.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Romeo, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This Motel is in a great spot for finding. We stayed for three nights. The sheets were never changed! There was a card telling you how they are trying to save the planet by using less water and soap. I asked the girl at the desk to please have the sheets changed after 2 nights. The maid did not do it , even after I left a tip to in courage her. After all the word TIP means "To Insure Prompt Service. I guess if you want clean beds in California you better pay $200 or more per night!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Boron, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

If your looking for fancy, it's not the place. I was extremely happy with the location. It was perfect for all my activities I had planned. We went whale watching and paddle boarding. Both of those activities where close to the hotel. The beach is within walking distance. You have several choices to choose from within walking distance. Everything worked out well.

• Stayed May 2013
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

My family and I stayed here for two nights. I'm pretty easy going and certainly not picky BUT This place is filthy!!!! The floors were so dirty our feet were black 10 min after our showers. GROSS!! There were hard things stuck to the counters and the walls and door were very dirty.... noticably dirty !!We were also very disappointed that the POOL HAD BEEN SHUT DOWN BY THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT!! When asked the girl at the front desk about it. She acted like it was no big deal and that we were out of luck because we made reservations through Expedia. If we had made them through the hotel we would have a refund. When we returned home I had Expedia contact the hotel and they refused anything other that 25% off our next visit. That will never happen. I don't think you could pay us to stay there again. And yes as stated in other reviews all three paintings were the same. I don't think they take much pride in this hotel. Do yourself a favor and spend a little more and stay in a clean hotel.! Cheers!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Show Low, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

hotel was excellent. right on the water. zach was so helpful and because of him we will definately stay there again. we were able to rent the paddle boats with ease. we want to come back in october and this is where we will stay for sure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Menifee, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Hotel was conveniently located to our 10K race which made it ideal. We had originally booked a king room but had extra people joining us so they gave us 2 queens at no extra charge which was extremely helpful. Room was large and clean and beds were comfortable. Bathroom had a huge counter which was a nice surprise. They provide refrigerators but could have used a small microwave too. The down side of this hotel is it seemed a little sketchy with some of the people milling around the rooms, I was thankful for my husbands presence. The pool area was probably the worst I have ever seen at a hotel, it was clean but the location was awful. Overall for the priced paid it was a great hotel, I am just use to a little more.

Room Tip: We had an upper floor and it made me feel a little safer.