“Convenient to the beach and cheap. Don't go expecting a nice room to lounge in.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Dana Point Harbor Inn

and 1 more site!
You added Dana Point Harbor Inn to your Saves list
Dana Point Harbor Inn
25325 Dana Point Harbor Drive, Dana Point, CA 92629   |
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Dana Point
Columbia Falls, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed just one night and the location was perfect for walking across the street to the beach, which was our reason for being there.
Our room was dated and not terribly clean, it also had an old funky odor. We did not walk on the carpet without shoes on. When we went to bed I unfolded the blanket and encountered a spot on the edge that was crusty and white. Needless to say I quickly washed my hands and went to the car for some blankets.
The room next to us was being occupied by some local surfers, they were friendly enough, but spent a lot of time smoking on the walk right outside our room, so we were unable to leave the window open for fresh air as the smoke just blew right in. We stayed on a Saturday night and it was a bit rowdy and loud early in the evening, but it did quiet down and we got a good nights sleep.
The continental breakfast consisted of three kinds of cold cereal and some squished mini bagels and that was about all.
My credit card was charged only the agreed upon rate for the room, that was a relief after reading some of he other reviews.
I might stay again for just one night as the price just can't be beat for a place so close to the beach on Dana point. I would bring my own bedding though, and go with little expectations for the room. I'm just here for the beach.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

We checked in here went to our room there was urine and bugs all over the bathroom they refused to give me another room or refund my money. They also refused to tell me who owned it or managed it . By far the worst place I've ever stayed.

• Stayed June 2012
Orange
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I was worried about the bad review I kept seeing online. I called them to inquire about them. I spoke to Alissa, and she was very respectful and understanding. She explained that some past guest have damaged linen and were charged for them. She also said that guest will take the keys with them and they have to be charge for them, that the charges are all explained when they sign-in. When I check-in, Viany was also very sweet, and she told me about the complementary breakfast, free wi-fi and explained the damage policy. The room was very nice. The ocean is right across the street and the girls very helpful when I called to request a taxi. I returned my key the next day and again the girls were sweet. For the price this place is wonderful.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms in the second building are better.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
la puente
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

my husband and i said here in the end of Jan. they was nice at first then charged our credit cards after 2 days of checking out for dirty towels and a smoking fee told us we could not get are deposit back. and please stay off there grounds i thought it was a good please at first. but in the end i should have never stopped there. finally in march we got are refund back but after the rude people and disrespect for everyone there i would give this a 1/2 of star. nasty place nasty people

Room Tip: no fitness center or restaurant there
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Calexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last summer when I reunited with a high school classmate who lived nearby. The price was more than reasonable considering the price comparisons I made. My room was clean, no mold and no bugs. The continental breakfast was substantial (cereals, toasts, sweet breads, yogurt, coffee, juices and fruit) and fresh. Internet available in the lobby and a state beach nearby. I will definitely book again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Aberdeen
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here on 29 Feb, and to be fair it was an ok stay, a bit noisy but the room was nice. However now that I am back in the UK, they have charged my credit card for not returning the room key. As I know the exact time we left and could describe the girl who I returned the key to, I am far from impressed that this hotel has charged me.

If they are not competent enough to take care of a room key that has been returned, I would not like to stay here again as who knows who gets given the keys.

I have complained to the hotel regarding this, and asked that they check video camera to confirm (I know exact time that we left as we had to be somewhere for a specific time) and they just repeated that I did not hand back the key.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

Only stay here if you like cock roaches and getting ripped off!!!

I stayed here one night in the first part of January for my son's baseball tournament.

We didn't get any sleep due to the smoke alarm chirping ALL night as it needed a battery.Unfortunatley,I couldn't call anyone to change the battery as it didn't start chriping until after the office was closed.The bed sheets smelled like sour milk, the room like musty old smoke and the walls were filthy dirty!!! when I got up in the morning to take a shower, I turned on the bathroom light only to see cockroaches scatter!!!! I was soooo grossed out, I killed one took it to the front desk and advised of my hellish night with no sleep and encountering cockroaches. The front desk agent just looked at me like this wasn't anything she hadn't heard before. She said I could call to talk to the supervisor when she came in, although she couldn't give me a day or time she would be there.
THAT'S WHEN IT BECAME A JOKE....... The supervisor was NEVER available, I then saw I had an EXTRA $10.00 charge on my bank statement from the Hotel...for what???? When I called, the agent couldn't even tell me what it was for. After 3 phone calls and the run a round I was told it was for a stained towel. A stained towel that I probably had to use to wipe down the bathroom floor!!
I told the agent to send me a picture of the towel, she advised me I would have to drive back up there too view it. REALLY??? I was in such a hurry to get out of that place, I left behind a bag of clothes. Unfortunately, inside the bag was one of my son's jerseys for baseball, and I HAD to drive up there the following weekend to get it.!!!! :-(
Long story short, after 2 weeks of going round and round, numerouse phone calls and a HUGE headache I was finally refunded from the site I booked through. Grrrrrrrrrrr.....

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Dana Point Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!