“Best Hotel in the Area” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Daly City
San Francisco, California
“Best Hotel in the Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Have been coming here for all my 49er games and have really enjoyed it. The staff is friendly and the rooms are really nice and the prices are very reasonable. It is the nicest hotel in the area and has newly renovated rooms. Did not have any issues with noise and the place is extremely clean and quaint. I have stayed at some of the other hotels in this area, and this place is by far the best. The front desk lady was very sweet, she recommended a few places to eat that I would not have expected and they turned out to be really good. Now I'm set on food and accommodations when I come to the cow palace since no more 49er games there.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Driscoll, North Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

When we pulled through the neighborhood in the dark we were immediately calling trying too find a new hotel. The neighborhood is a little iffy at first glance but our experience with this hotel has been nothing but great. Very clean rooms that are updated, extremely nice front desk attendant. Far away from quiet a few things but the bus and light rail are right around the corner. Id have no problem staying here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

If you're going to build a place that is meant for people to sleep in, at least make the beds decent. The most uncomfortable bed, sheets and pillows that I have ever slept on. Is it too difficult to get a decent mattress at least? The room itself was clean and the bathroom was good. There's nothing around except for a couple of gas stations.

If you just had to stay somewhere then this is okay but don't come here if you have another choice.

• Stayed July 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband booked this hotel as we wanted two rooms for five nights and as it was Summer holidays want wasn't already booked out was way above our budget.
The photos on the website make the place look reasonable.
The entrance & reception are the best features ... I'm not sure what room they photographed as it didn't look like either of ours.

My husband asked for rooms next to each other when he booked weeks before the trip and we were told that may not be possible. Despite having rooms at opposite ends of the place for the first night they did contact us to move the second night but due to one room being a little bigger we kept that one as it was a great spot for our pack'n play.

The rooms contain your bare basics ....beds, tv, table with one chair, hair drier, iron & board . One room had a fridge, the other room didn't.
Due to the gap under the door I had to use the heater during the night ( 1 & 3 year olds won't stay under a blanket ) and the settings didn't seem to work that well making the room way too hot even on low.
The towels & sheets had seen better days and I showered my two little ones rather than let them sit in the bath.
A 'continental breakfast' is included but it starts at 08:00 and consists of a few dodgy looking packet pastries and breakfast bars. We bought cereal and milk ( lucky we had one fridge ) and were gone most days before the start time anyway.

As for the area ... I'm glad we could park inside the complex.

As I said it served our purpose ... I have stayed in way better for cheaper too !

• Stayed July 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

having stayed in some dives in many states across america... this one kind of took the biscuit. it is, by far, THE smallest room i have ever stayed in. the linen was ancient and had seen some partying given the suspect stains. one change of linen later, and i can't hear myself think for the amount of noise going on in the hotel. i was late to check in, it was 10pm on a friday and the place was jumping. despite all the warnings on the back of the door that you are "not to be loud or the authorities will be called"... it went on until about 1am.

this hotel is in the middle of nowhere, if you don't know the san francisco area, and expensive to get from downtown in a cab. the area isn't the nicest at night, and the most local amenities are a gas station and a dollar tree.

the car park is tiny, but there is on street parking. i always managed to just get a space, but wouldn't have fancied leaving the rental parked on the street due to the neighbourhood.

as previously claimed, the check in lady was nice if a bit vacant.

this set up is a bog standard motel set up, except without a fridge or microwave or coffee machine or... pick an item. if you want something, ask at check in because it won't be in your room.

i don't mind staying in rubbish motels. i don't travel to places to spend my time in the motel room. what bothers me about this place is it's worse than your usual pants motel and it is EXPENSIVE. shell out a bit more for better digs when visiting this amazing city.

Room Tip: don't bother dialling 708 for a pizza as it claims on the phone - it doesn't work.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Monterey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is not a luxury resort. It is a hotel that is close to the Muni T-line, has free parking and free Wi-Fi. That free breakfast they advertise, it is only available from 8 to 10, you will probably already be on your way to work. The women who works the office is friendly and very helpful. If you need something: iron, coffee pot, etc., just ask, it is likely not in your room.

One odd thing, the bottom sheet on the bed didn't extend from the head to the foot of the bed, it stopped about 6 inches short of the bottom of bed. I thought this was very odd. Also the website doesn't have any pictures of the rooms; I think it is because the best features are the entrance to the hotel and the small lobby. It is in a safe area; I walked to the T-line in the early morning and late in the evening.

I had a room 102, it was fine. The place was full and I still got a great nights sleep; I did sleep with ear plugs. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The hotel is arranged in sort of a U shape. I was in a room near the road, but I wasn't bothere...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to BridgePoint Inn? Share your experiences!