“a great find” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Daly City
LA
“a great find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I was looking for a nice place with ample parking. I am delighted to report I found exactly what I was looking for!

Lovely quiet room, plenty of safe parking -- and a nice breakfast thrown in. The manager and staff were extremely helpful.

I will certainly return.

PS for a great meal, head east on Geneva about a half-mile to Broken Record. Mussels are stunning!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Manteca, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Couldnt even give the hotel a chance. We were coming from Fishermans Wharf and my GPS went out so I called the hotels front desk to ask for direction. I could not understand anything the foreign speaking employee said. Only heard north on 101. Had I listened, I would still be driving. As a foreigner myself who learned to speak english well, it so bothered me that I called Hotels. com to rebook for another hotel. Not acceptable to have front desk employess who are unable to assist travellers!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We will go back in August 2013 & will stay here again / excellent thank you Alpine Inn rooms are clean, cozy, and away from the business of San Francisco but close enough that a short drive takes you into the city. Also you have parking at no extra charge I like that

• Stayed April 2013
Westminster, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The Alpine Inn & Suites is the perfect* place for budget conscious motorists visiting the San Francisco area! This place may be a bit isolated from the rest of town, but while there are places with comparable rates in the city proper, they don't provide all of the amenities offered here (and can be located in questionable areas). The facilities are very clean and comfortable. There is a mini-fridge and a microwave in the room, for those of us who need to budget our dining expenses. And, more importantly, there is free parking AND free wifi! My friend and I stayed in 2 bedroom suite. One of the beds was in a separate room, which was perfect since my friend likes to sleep with the TV on and the heater at near sauna-like temperatures, while I do not. All in all, a wonderful room for those of us on a budget. * Note: I would not recommend this place for those who are traveling without their own vehicle, as it is located near the top of a hill and is about a 15-20 minute drive into the city via highway (about an hour with public transportation).

Room Tip: Families and groups should inquire about the 2 bedroom SUITE.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Escondido, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I booked this hotel thinking it was a decent, close, and safe place to stay. Before I left for Daly City, I called three times asking every question in the book (any extra charges, the rooms quality, etc) and they said there was no extra charge or deposit, and that the rooms were in the same quality and condition as online showed. When I arrived, the area just wasn't good. It was completely out of the city, and near the top of a hill by a community of houses. Yes, it's close to San Fran, so if you don't mind a gross city to stay in then go for it. When I arrived, we walked in and the staff was Indian (I'm not racist but with my traveling experience, Indian people are unfair and rude.) When we asked to see the room before purchasing the nights, he was rude and acting like it was some huge deal. Then he asked for an extra deposit which I had already called and asked about and she said there wasn't. When I asked for a few minutes to discuss if we were going to stay or not outside, he threw our ID's and credit cards back at us. He told us be back in an hour or he'll charge us double, which was again unfair because the woman told me 12AM was the last time you can come without getting charged. The room is decent from what we saw, although it was very cramped. I suggest if you're going to the San Francisco area, to take the extra hour trip up to San Francisco and stay in Santa Cruz. Daly City has nothing to it and the place is sort of deserted. Overall, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Relatives live in daly city just south of SF so I chose this motel for a 6 day stay. Easy to reach fm the airport. Free parking. Simple but consistent cont brkfast daily. Friendly & helpful staff. Very clean and efficiently run. Extremely comfortable bed. Good bathroom w plenty of hot water, and a close up mirror which was a nice touch. Relatively quiet because it sits a block or so back fm the Main Street. Only drawbacks are that it is a steep incline, and there really isn't anything in the local neighborhood. But if you are spending your time outside of downtown Sf this is a great place.

Room Tip: Ask for king room. They are HUGE.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

The room was clean and they cleaned it daily. No smell, no insects, no stains. Equipment might look old, but functioned well. Microwave oven, coffee maker and fridge. Airconditioner is very loud, but i always turn it off at night anyway. Free wifi was ok. Unfortunately no convenience store or cafe in walking distance.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Alpine Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!