“Small but near BART and cute motel” 3 of 5 stars

El Camino Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7525 Mission Street, Daly City, CA 94014-2941   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Daly City
Kaukauna, Wisconsin
“Small but near BART and cute motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Small room and very small bathroom (no place to put your personal items as it was just a sink). Beds were ok but not very comfortable. Location was fine and not in a bad neighborhood and the BART (subway) was a block away which was great! We stayed just one night so that was fine. I don't think I would want to stay much longer than that.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Kiev
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I came to Daly City in business trip at first time. Probably there was some mistake, that office have booked for us El Camino Inn instead of Hampton Inn. But anyway, I spent 2 nights in the most horrible hotel I've ever been. Firstly, when I and my colleague came to the hotel, we found that the heater didn't work in his room. But they fixed it when we asked. The room was pretty clean, but the stuff in the room was really old and in bad condition. Bathroom was OK, but it was not any hairdryer in it. First night I heard how one couple in the room on second floor fought. And one of them shouted "I'm gonna kill you! If you wanna beat me - beat me". All of that I heard in my room at night. Heater didn't work well, and at night it was really cold, but they don't have any warm blanket, only covering. So, I woke up all night long because of cold. The breakfast was not really breakfast. If you want a tea, you should make hot water in microwave (but if you will be lucky and find some tea). And if you will be lucky, you will probably find some piece of bread. But not every person is lucky.
But all of that was not the main problem. Next night, when I went to bed and tried to relax, I found an ant in it. When I looked on the wall, I found a lot of them on each wall. Long lines of ants migration: on the walls, on the floor, and some of them were on the bed. I went to reception, and nobody was there after 23-00. We needed to solve our problems by ourselves. My colleague proposed me to take my room for that night and give me his room. In the morning, woman on reception said 'We have a church behind the hotel, so sometimes we have ants on the first floor'. She even didn't not say "Sorry". I checked-out and moved to Hampton Inn.
And the main purpose of this review - now I feel my skin itches (maybe something was not ok with the bed), so when I will come back home, I need to visit doctor, I guess. Be careful with this hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Daly City hotels

OMAHA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Not a bad place to stay!
If you are on a tighter budget and planning a trip to the San Francisco area I would suggest this place. It was pretty nice for a little motel, well kept and not slummy looking at all on the outside.
A good plus was the number of channels they give you to watch on the television, even better if you understand Spanish, as half the channels were!
The room was quite small, neat and serviceable as a place to crash each night, except my bed felt like it was make from two box spring sets, instead of a box spring and a mattress SET, hard!!
The 'Continental Breakfast' was in a very cute little separate side room behind the office, but quite MEAGER, Coffee, Bread for Toast and individually packaged Big Box Store 'Danishs' laid in a basket; rather tiresome after the second day. I specifically buy Hotels/Motels that furnish a 'breakfast' to save money, but wound up going across the street to a REAL Donuts & Pastry Shop for REAL pastries.
A redeeming quality of the location is it's walking distance, (just across the street again) to 'Estrada's Mexican Restaurant', which had THE BEST Mexican/Caribbean Food I have had in a long while ~ a bit on the $$ side, but half the customers being of Mexican decent speaks volumes!! Say "HOLA" to Brenda, your angel server and Luis from Brent!!

If I were to make a short visit to the area again, I would defiantly consider staying here, if for no other reason than being 20 minutes from the Wharf and those two places across Mission Street.

Room Tip: Get an upper room to alleviate noise from 'tromping' upstairs neighbors (very thin walls and...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This place reminds me of a few places I stayed in as a kid traveling with my family--and even they they were either outdated or nostalgic depending on your point of view. Most of these types of places are run-down and/or have sketchy customers, but not here. The other guests seemed respectable and the while the architecture is dated, my room did have nice newer furnishings. It is small with some amenities, but a good $ value. Check-in/out went well. Even though the motel is on a busy street, my room was not noisy. Room was clean and undamaged. Breakfast was sparse, but could have been worse.

Room Tip: Mission St. is an efficient drive to the freeway into SF, but be careful not to get on the wrong str...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Ittoqqortoormiit, Ostgronland, Greenland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've been staying to this place annually and their place and service gets better every year. Location is very close to Colma Bart, Walgreens, fast foods and theres a coffee shop opposite to the hotel which is open 24hrs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stopped and stayed one night while on a road trip through California. Price was right and we were pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness of the room. Felt safe and was in a prime location near the Golden Gate Bridge and shopping. Staff were friendly and helpful. Stayed in a second floor room...no elevator that I saw...stairs are a bit steep for folks with trouble negotiating them. Check in and check out was a breeze. Would recommend this hotel as a budget option.

Room Tip: Stairs are steep to second floor rooms...but worth the sense of security from staying on a ground le...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Riverside
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I booked a room at El Camino on 8-25 through Expedia.com for that same evening and when I arrived that evening a young red headed counterman told my wife and I that there was no reservation and that they do not usually check "3rd party reservations" every day. This is 2012 and you would think you could count on an internet reservation to be there. They are now trying to bill me for the room.....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to El Camino Inn? Share your experiences!