“Annual Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Daly City
Ittoqqortoormiit, Ostgronland, Greenland
“Annual Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've been staying to this place annually and their place and service gets better every year. Location is very close to Colma Bart, Walgreens, fast foods and theres a coffee shop opposite to the hotel which is open 24hrs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stopped and stayed one night while on a road trip through California. Price was right and we were pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness of the room. Felt safe and was in a prime location near the Golden Gate Bridge and shopping. Staff were friendly and helpful. Stayed in a second floor room...no elevator that I saw...stairs are a bit steep for folks with trouble negotiating them. Check in and check out was a breeze. Would recommend this hotel as a budget option.

Room Tip: Stairs are steep to second floor rooms...but worth the sense of security from staying on a ground le...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Riverside
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I booked a room at El Camino on 8-25 through Expedia.com for that same evening and when I arrived that evening a young red headed counterman told my wife and I that there was no reservation and that they do not usually check "3rd party reservations" every day. This is 2012 and you would think you could count on an internet reservation to be there. They are now trying to bill me for the room.....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights and it was great. We had a car so it was very easy to get to and not too far from the city. The room was spacious, modern and very clean and although the breakfast was basic we enjoyed it. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

First of all, I can not claim how the services are at this establishment. It looks like people have enjoyed staying there. My disappointment was that I was made to look like a fool by the manager on staff. This is my story...I had canceled my hotel stay, which was for 4 nights, because I had a friend in the City who was so wonderful to offer me and my friends accomodations, during our stay. The woman working Saturday night had confirmed my cancelation after I had phoned in my change of plans. Then the morning after the first night I was supposed to have originally checked into my hotel, I recieve a text notification of a charge for all 4 nights at El Camino. Therefore, I called the hotel to fix this problem.Well, the manager on staff was not having it. She claimed it was my fault and I had to pay for the 1st night at least. After contemplating my next action, I called back and asked to speak with a higher authority. I was only allowed to leave my number and wait for a phone call from the owners...who I still haven't heard from. In the end, it was my bank, Chase, who got my money back. I can handle a lot of things, but getting screwed over isn't one of them. I don't reprimand anyone for staying at the El Camino. I just hope that the manager on staff will handle her protential customers better next time.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I was passing through SF and needed a hotel close to SFO for an early morning flight. There weren't any good finds around SFO, but I am not unhappy that I ended up staying here. It's a 2 block walk from the BART station, which can take you downtown or airport, so no need to rent a car if you can avoid it.

Once you get off 380, and head towards the Inn, you will pass through an area which is changing into suburbia; I sighed a Costco(!!), a mall,, and new apartment buildings on El Camino Real. I will recommend getting gas closer to the motel than to 380; there was almost a $0.25/gallon between gas stations.

The room was clean & small, but a bit stuffy for a warm summer day. Parking was not an issue & is free. The furnishings were simple, and my sleep was uneventful. My flight was early enough to have sampled their breakfast.

The motel is capitalizing on the pricing structure at other SFO hotels, and can charge a higher rate (in my opinion) than warranted. However, as the development wave moves towards the hotel, I am hopeful that it will be able to justify its rates with a make over itself.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

First the good news: friendly staff, very well located for the Colma BART station and for access to SFO, attractive enough room, a few restaurants and markets within walking distance (though maybe better not go too far at night), and a satisfactory continental breakfast in a room adjoining the lobby. Now the other news: something was very strange with the WiFi. In our other (many) motels on this trip, no special problem; but with WiFi here, I could receive but not send messages from my primary ISP. Being too far from home to sort that out, it became inconvenient as the WiFi slowed down due to apparently limited bandwidth. In summary, the WiFi was free but not too useful.

The other thing was potentially more serious, a dispute between two guests in nearby room(s) between 1-2AM, to the point that we tried to phone the front office to sort it out. There was no way we felt safe enough to go out to see, or even turn on our light. But nobody answered. It got to where we wanted to get police to investigate but we thought this would make things even worse. The next day I asked at the desk. The person said they did not answer their phone because "we have to sleep sometime" but that they had in fact called the police, who came and evicted one of the two offenders. The staff member explained all this politely, and said it was a "rare event," but I'm not 100% convinced of that, and think there should have been some safe way to get some action from the staff or owners directly.

So if you accept that this sort of thing happens sometime, and that we lost a night's sleep because of it, and that the WiFi was behaving strangely, then just focus on the good things and take your chances. Without the domestic disturbance, I would have rated this 4 stars.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to El Camino Inn? Share your experiences!