“Good enough” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Daly City
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
“Good enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

We stayed here for three nights at the start of our trip in the western USA. We found it to be a pleasant motel. From the hotel to the centre of SF is really convenient with BART. A short walk and in about 25 minutes you are on Union Square. The room was small, clean and have everything we needed. Don’t expect super luxury, it’s good value for what you pay. The breakfast was a bit disappointing. A cup of coffee, a piece of toast and an apple, that’s about it. We were in the hotel only to sleep after arriving late from SFO and then after two packed days visiting San Francisco. For us, it was good enough and much cheaper than anything I could find closer to downtown SF.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Arcadia, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

We booked this place to stay over four nights into a weekend including a friend's wedding in SF. Perhaps we've read way too many reviews before finalizing my decision, since I wished we actually booked elsewhere within minutes after stepping into our tiny room. My husband and I aren't high maintenance ppl, we typically don't book 5 star rooms for our trips. The bed was horribly small and almost impossible to sleep two full grown adults (husband being 6ft tall and I'm about 5'3" 100lbs..), the room had nowhere to put any of our luggage and the bathroom had no fan. The place overall was pretty clean though, and the staff were quite friendly-but the room was just too much for us to handle. The Inn offered an upgrade with a room with separate full beds for extra cost (haven't seen the actual room so can't comment on it) but the cost would've been similar if we stayed elsewhere that was more pricey. Unfortunately, the place had no vacancy throughout the entire week, so that option wasn't available for us afterall. After barely having any sleep the first night, we ended up staying anyway. The location isn't as convenient as other reviewers had mentioned. It is a bit away from everything else, (depending on what your plans are, I guess;;) and we did drive around in our own car so it was alright. I think we've spent way too much time trying to figure out where to park..and there's barely any place to eat nearby other than some odd Asian joints like JollyBee. My suggestion is, set your priorities before booking hotels/inns in the bay area. I'm not sure if other hotels offer much more, but know what to expect before booking a room at El Camino Inn.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Quebec City, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

One of the cleanest showers we've ever seen! The rooms are clean, the people are friendly, breakfast is included and the wi-fi works really well. All this makes it an excellent value for the small price. Do not expect a 5-star resort here, this is an Americana motel. But it is very well maintained and you should have no worry. Perfect for people that are landing late in SFO!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Umina Beach, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Clean, comfortable room, very good value for the price we paid, stayed for four nights. This appears to be an old motor inn that has been recently renovated in the past decade. However, there were a couple of drawbacks. One was that the plumbing in our room was awful, whenever we were having a shower and the person in the adjacent room turned their tap on, the entire room would shake loudly and vibrate. The other was the Wifi which was slow and had ongoing dropouts. In saying that though, if visiting San Francisco for several days by car, staying here will save you a bit of money. A lot of motels closer to town appear to be overpriced.

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

We booked a room here after all the great reviews on this site, and were sadly disappointed with what we found. The rooms are very small and outdated, the bathroom was clean but so small the door hit the toilet. It is not close to anything other than the Colma BART station (which is very convenient) and is right on a busy, loud street. We probably knew better than to expect more at this price, but the other reviews were so positive we had a little higher expectation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from El Camino Real
Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

All good things must come to an end and I hope this is not the ending for this place. I just called to book a room and was told that George and Lisa are no longer managing the place. I was then given a room rate that was $25.00 a night higher then when I stayed last month and worse---- higher then the internet rate! I guess no more deals for us loyal stayers...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

I recently stayed at the El Camino Inn for a friend's wedding in Half Moon Bay. When I checked in with my friend, the management was SO helpful. They told us about local transportation, things to do, even looking things up for us as we didn't have a computer with us. There's a little continental breakfast that is better than other places I've seen with different options, fresh coffee and juice. The room was small, but enough for us. It was clean, and though small, it was sufficient for what we needed. A comfortable bed, shower, tv, microwave, and fridge. Nearby there's a wendys, across the street is a Mexican restaurant/bar that has karaoke, and the BART is just a 5 min walk away. I never felt unsafe in the area. On our last night there, an issue came up and the management was more understanding than I could have asked for. I can't stress that enough. Quaint motel, amazing management, breakfast, safe location- I'd definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to El Camino Inn? Share your experiences!