“good, simple lunch cafe” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 164 Restaurants in Daly City
Cuisines: American, Bakery
San Francisco, California
“good, simple lunch cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

A few of our local malls have this bakery/café. The bakery items look great, though I haven't tried any, yet. However, it is a very nice place to have a quick, simple, inexpensive and very tasty lunch. The sandwiches are very substantial, and I especially like the half sandwich /cup of soup option. The tomato tortellini soup is perfect. There are very many options for bread for sandwiches. I tend to choose Andersen's when I see one in a shopping area, because it is clean and has quick service, though all sandwiches are made to order.

Visited January 2014

“Love the Creamy French”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I stopped by a few weeks ago for lunch. The Tuna Salad sandwich hit the spot. Additionally, I added an order of Creamy French to the meal! It was delicious

Visited October 2013
San Francisco, California
“Always walk out satisfied...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I popped in Andersen Bakery yesterday not really intending to buy anything, I had wanted to "window shop", but everything looked so yummy I just couldn't control my cravings. The staff is always so kind, patient and willing to answer any questions I have about the bakery selections, they never seem to be bothered by my inquiries. There is ample space to sit and linger if you want to eat there and study or meet with friends, however, I took mine to go. Enjoy!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edmonton
“Delicious fresh food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

We stumbled upon this bakery in The Great Mall so I'm not sure if it's the one in Daly City. The clam chowder was delicious as was the cream french bread. It was very very busy when we were there so the service was chaotic and it took quite some time to get our food. You could tell the staff were trying though. Very reasonably priced and the portion sizes were very big. I'd definitely go back again.

• Visited April 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Francisco, California
“Good Bay area bakery/cafe chain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

Local chain with many bay area locations.

Have gone many times for lunch..."reasonable" best describes the experience.

Reasonable price...at last lunch...1/2 tuna sandwich on rye and cup tortilla soup for $6 something. Order at counter so no tips necessary.

Reasonably sized servings...not the "fatty fast food for fattening Americans" portions.

Reasonable taste...tuna not too mayonassee...tortilla soup not too chili powderee...bread very good...pastries very good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere