“SO LOVE this restaurant!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 108 Restaurants in Cypress
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“SO LOVE this restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I reviewed this restaurant before, but had to review it again. It has become one of my two favorite restaurants. My husband and I really enjoy chatting with the restaurant's owner, and it's even better when her daughter, Francesca, is our server....they are both so sweet.

I had to review it because of their specials in the month of October. Last Friday night, I ordered the pumpkin ravioli, with sage butter sauce, after a bit of hesitation because I had never had pumpkin ravioli. My husband ordered their special of cannellonis. These two dishes were probably the best dishes we have ever had there (not to say we don't love the items on their regular menu....we are now regulars there). I also had the spiced apple cider martini, and I was hooked. Between the martini and the pumpkin ravioli, It was a perfect fall dinner treat. I wish I had had more room, to try the pumpkin canolis.....I'm hoping we'll have a chance to go back before the end of the month, when the incredible fall specials end (or hopefully they will extend it!)

• Visited October 2013

Indio, CA
“Mambo Italiano!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I discovered this little piece of heaven upon my hair stylist's recommendation. Located across the street from her shop, it's an ideal location, and sometimes I get to have dinner with her after her long day is over!
It's quite funny that on our visit, my stylist realized that she knew the owner of the place, and had grown up with her. Part of my first visit included listening to them discuss getting their mothers together to hang with someone from the "Old Country", with whom they could converse in their native tongues. Endearing.
Several family members work in this restaurant, and, thankfully, that results in a harmonious result. Salads are fresh and dressed with in-house-made dressings. Most of the pasta plates I've had are great. The spaghetti and meatballs (extra meatballs, please), is excellent. My favorite is the calzone. Be forewarned, a medium calzone is a medium pizza folded in half, so it's quite large! I get this just so I can have leftovers the next day. Oozing tomato-saucy, cheesy, pepperoni deliciousness!
Oh, and the garlic bread. Don't forget the garlic bread! As one other reviewer said, your first meal will probably be ruined by an overload on these! Seriously, these baked goodies are baked to perfection, with a crusty crust and soft interior, then drenched in garlic butter flavored with parsley and I don't know what else. All I know is that these pieces of dough are delightful and I cannot leave without having a few!
Note that it is not a large place, but they move tables along pretty quickly. Everyone who works here is friendly and helpful. You can also call in orders to go, which appears to be a pretty healthy side business for them, as I see people come and go every time I've been.

• Visited March 2013
Long Beach CA
“Awesome find!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Party of 8 on a Tuesday night; 2 kids. Get there before 6PM and enjoy special priced apps. GARLIC bread, don't make me say it again. The best I have ever had. Just know that you will ruin your first meal there by eating too much garlic bread. Kids had chicken fingers and alfredo - totally acceptable. Ordered large pepperoni, sausage, mushroom pizza. Outstanding - all fresh, all perfectly cooked. Not as 'thin' as a true NY crust - but didn't stop us! Worth the trip alone. House wines were tasty at 5-6/glass. Beer and wine only. Someone ordered the lasagna - seriously could have fed 2 hungry people. Baked to perfection; salmon looked good and the seafood pasta almost had too much seafood in it. Calamari app and cheese sticks were wonderful - light (not greasy) and served hot. This place is awesome - clearly they try to deliver fresh, hot, well-prepared meals and it shows. 8 people, 5 apps, 2 rounds drinks and full dinners for around $170 - not bad. Finally, the reason this place rocks... the tomato sauces were perfect - not that metal taste of a can - not a recycled marinara used in EVERY dish... if you pass that test with me, you are a good Italian ristorante!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Alamitos, California
“Family owned”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have eaten here for years, always great food we love italitian and this is the best small cozy great value for the price family owned and run. Friendly and great service.

• Visited December 2012
Norco, California
“Friggen Incredible Waiter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I showed up on a Sunday afternoon when the place was supposed to be empty. Unfortunately there were eight tables full of people with just the one afternoon waiter. I resolved that the wait would be epoch. However, the young man, Michael, was the most incredibly proficient waiter I have seen in years. He was all over the place jumping from one table to the next, getting drinks, updating everyone with their orders, he was on fire. I was so impressed I left a $25 tip on a $50 order! Outstanding effort Michael. Oh ya, we got our meal without any delay.

• Visited October 2012