“Great value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim

Save Saved
You added HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim to your Saves list
HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5905 Corporate Ave., Cypress, CA 90630 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites Cypress/Anaheim)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Cypress
Shanghai
“Great value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Me and my friend stay here for a night and I'm very impressed with what we have got with just USD127 a night.

Good:

It's all suite hotel and it's big. Proper living room and bedroom...comfortable bed too.

It's included BBF but I didn't try.

The location is quite good if you have biz around the area.

The staff is really really friendly and helpful.

Bad:

The room is bid dark and run down...with that price in LA, I'll take it!

Ugly:

Couldn't think of anything...

I'll definitely recommend budget biz traveler or family w children for Disneyland vacation to stay in hotel.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed here for business in Downey. Convenient to 680 (couple of miles) and thhe 405. Lots of restaurants within a few mile radius. Also close enough to riun to Disney for a quick visit. Lobby is clean and staff is pleasant. Large variety at breakjfast. rooms are large and clean. Parking is ample and there are several doors in which is convenient. I plan to stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sahuarita
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed here with family, we got two separate rooms as we went to Disneyland 3 days in a row for Xmas 2012. OMG I was super impressed with the rooms and at how REMARKABLE CLEAN the rooms were!! The Secret MAYBE that its a corporate hotel, less family...but to be able to walk on the carpet with socks and have those socks stay clean and not dirty wins big time in my book!!!

The beds and sofa sleeper were comfy!! Showers hot and spacious!! The property clean!! The employees FRIENDLY!!!

BREAKFAST WAS DELISH!!!! OMG!! STAY HERE!! YOU WON'T REGRET IT!!!

Room Tip: Our good room was on the 3 floor or was it 4th? But Im sure all rooms are great!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Highland, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We loved this hotel! We had just spent a week in a small hotel in San Diego and we were really excited to spread out at the Hyatt house! It was comfortable and quiet. The breakfast was great and very fresh. They were really good at keeping the food stocked up even though it was busy. It was close to the parks and very convenient. The parking wasn't ever a problem even when we came back late from the parks. We would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

According to some of the other clients who apparently stay here regularly, every floor has one "businessman's special" room in each hallway. These are rooms -- about 12 X 12 -- with a bed, chair, and dresser -- but a full-sized bathroom and wardrobe. There's no kitchenette and no dining area. Okay, I scored one from Hotwire at a very reasonable rate for a six-day stay. The bedding and chair were comfortable, and the room even had a balcony.

I had a great stay -- except for one thing. My room had a connecting door to the next room. And I kept catching Disneyland-age kids unlocking the connecting door and trying to enter my room, out of curiousity.

It's okay -- I scared them worse than they scared me. And I took pictures of it, but I'm deliberately leaving them out of the review.

When you check in, simply ask the front desk for a room without a connecting door. Problem solved :-)

Room Tip: As mentioned above, you want a room without a connecting door.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Bothell, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have done several reviews on Trip Advisor and I must admit I struggled on this one. I eventually gave it an Average rating but my expectations for a Hyatt House were definitely not met.

The lobby area, breakfast area are nice. However, as other reviewers have pointed out the hotel definitely needs updating. We got a room along the back side of the property and the elevators and carpet looked really worn and dirty. Even my daughter commented on it. The elevators were old.

The rooms themselves were fine. They had flat screen TVs and plenty of room. Kitchen appliances need an update. We were surprised that there was no dishwasher. Break fast was good.

We also used the laundry on the 2nd floor and the staff at the front desk was courteous and helped us buy the suppliers and the change for the machines.

There is a Chili's close by. Also a few blocks north was a Chinese restaurant (Hong Kong Cafe) that had a great carry out deal.

In summary, not what I expected a Hyatt House to be (given my experiences at other location) but adequate as long as you know what to expect.

Room Tip: Be aware that this is an older property; rooms are fine however.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Johannesburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

What a surprise. We really discovered a hidden gem. This hotel really made our holiday. The room or rather suite was fantastic. Huge bed and so much space. The kitchen although not the most modern was well equiped and the rest of the suite was just perfect. Breakfast was included and even with the hotel being close to Disneyland and very busy we never had a shortage of anything. If you want a perfect place to stay in Cypress/Anaheim this is it.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim? Share your experiences!