“great place would stay there again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim

You added HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim to your Saves list
HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5905 Corporate Ave., Cypress, CA 90630 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites Cypress/Anaheim)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Cypress
illinois
“great place would stay there again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

My children and I spent 5 nights at the Cypress Hampton Inn. My daughter uses a wheelchair and the room was very spacious and the bathroom had a sturdy shower bench. No complaints at all. The place was clean, the staff friendly, the area safe. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night after a trip to Disneyland. We booked the hotel through hotwire so it was really cheap, less than £50 for the night. We arrived quite late so didn't spend much time in the hotel. The bed was humongous and the bathroom was well equipped with toothpaste, shampoo, body lotion and a sunglasses case! They call the rooms a suite, but it was only a room and wasn't that big, but that didn't matter to us! Breakfast was nice with a good selection of hot food, cereal, pancakes, fruit etc. We would certainly stay here again if we were in the area and would recommend it as a great place to stay for resting your head after a day out and about!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Mayfield Heights, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I reserved this hotel on line through a third party I use heavily. It is a nice hotel that is a mix of large suite like rooms and adjoining sleeping rooms. With the average price I paid I was given a king size bed in a bedroom. While it was nice it was also small with no work desk, fridge or microwave that comes with the other style rooms. If you make a reservation here I would suggest upgrading to the larger rooms. The breakfast was very nice with hot and cold items served in a comfortable community room with attached patio. I seemed that most of the guests were business travelers such as myself.

Room Tip: Upgrade to full size room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
El Dorado Hills, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed here last July as it was being converted & I swore I would never be back. This trip, we needed to stay somewhere for one night before moving closer to Disneyland so we're back. This time it was MUCH BETTER. The room we were in was a little different (it had a small kitchenette instead of a full kitchen). We chose a king bed with a sofa hide-a-bed- in the living room area. Nice linens, kitchen table a plus, microwave, mini-fridge, coffee pot. NO OUTLETS though, so I travel with my own power strip to fix that problem. Breakfast was big with eggs, sausage, pancakes, fruit, juices, coffee. We might try it again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Short story first. My teenage daughter was starting to complain about flying on vacation. I had to nip this in the bud because driving to vacation destinations was getting old fast. I made a deal that if I drove two days to Orlando last year she could pick where we went this year but we had to fly. She chose Disneyland and Hollywood so off we went this year. Thank goodness flying was no problem and I think that issue is behind us. Now for the hotel.
I traded Hyatt points for six nights in a suite and this was a great place to stay and operate from. The location was perfect for us. It was 10-15 minutes from Disneyland and about 45-50 minutes to Grauman's Chinese Theater and Hollywood Blvd.
The staff was very nice. The name was changed to Hyatt House but I think that was all they changed. The place was clean but dated. The kitchen was fully equipped with all the necessary small appliances. We didn't use many dishes but if we left a plate or glass in the sink the housekeeper would clean it and put it away. That was nice and unexpected. Some places won't touch dishes. The beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was free and plentiful and good. There was hot oatmeal and cold cereals, fresh fruit, danish, eggs, salsa, sausages, potatoes, a variety of juices, bagels, etc., a nice spread.
The WiFi was free and worked well enough for my daughter to stream videos on her laptop in room at night.
There was a good choice of restaurants within walking distance in a quiet neighborhood. There is California Fish Grill, Chili's, Thai food, Sushi, Japanese food, Pollo Loco, to name a few.
The biggest problem was the one computer workstation for public use. It was in the hallway and you felt exposed if you needed to use it. I needed to print something and the only printer was inside the staff office, after you were done printing you had to notify the desk and they would get your documents from the back room. Not the best setup.
Overall it is in a good location, clean, comfortable and I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

We got a great deal on this hotel through Hotwire. It was about a 10-15 minute drive to Disneyland, but unless you're going to pony up the bucks to stay right by the park, what's a 5 min drive vs. a 15 min drive. It's now called the Hyatt House, by the way.

Pros:
Free, good, hot continental breakfast
Comfy bed
Good size room and bathroom
Fairly convenient to expressways
Pleasant staff

Cons:
Blackout curtain didn't quite close right; had to use the icebox to seal out the light
Pillows were way too fluffy
Older (i.e., non hi-def) TV [This is b/c we stayed in a non-suite room. All suite rooms apparently have a HDTV.]

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
amsterdam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

we stayed overnight during our trip from san francisco to san diego.
The staff was very friendly. Because we booked with priceline we didn't get a suite, but a room on the 3rd floor at the back of the hotel. The room was not big, but for 1 night it suited very well. a nice balcony and a lounge seat. The decor is clean and recently redecorated.
The wifi is great and complimentary! also the breakfast is complimentary but during weekends quite busy (too busy for me).
1 very big negative is that there are airco units on the roof and on the 3rd floor the sounds isolation isn't very good. So during the night you hear the airco unit very loudly! So be carefull not to take a room on the 3rd floor at the back!

Room Tip: not on the 3rd floor in the back. check for the airco unit sound!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim? Share your experiences!