“Great place, great price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Cypress

You added Super 8 Cypress to your Saves list
Super 8 Cypress
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5651 Lincoln Avenue, Cypress, CA 90630 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites Near Knott's Berry Farm)   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Cypress
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great place, great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

After researching the area... I chose the Quality Inn based on price. I was totally impressed with the cleanliness of the overall grounds of the hotel, our room and the swimming area, which I spent an entire morning at. The free breakfast was delicious and an added bonus. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an affordable place to stay while on vacation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
GMQUALITY_5651, Manager at Super 8 Cypress, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and letting us know that we took good care of you. We are very proud of our well trained staff and this helps us to ensure that they are living up to our guest’s expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ventura, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were so impressed with the quality of our room, the grounds, cleanliness, peace and how friendly the staff. Our stay was just so easy. We definitely will return. The furniture and bed was beautiful!

Room Tip: Third floor faced the pool, perfect!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GMQUALITY_5651, General Manager at Super 8 Cypress, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is good to hear that you had a very pleasant stay with us. Our staff works very hard to provide best accommodation and experience. Once again thank you for staying with us and we welcome you back to our hotel the next time that your travels take you to the Cypress area.
Long Beach, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I hope that this review will prevent travelers from an experience that may ruin their vacation/trip. I felt it a duty because as travelers, our spending activities are continuous and high in volume and thus where one chooses to spend their hard earned dollars should be considered not just for the customers' sake, but for the sake of honest, friendly business owners alike. For this reason, I am candidly sharing my experience.

My reservation was from 2/7 to 2/7/2013. The main concern is with Guest Services. Having stayed at most of the hotels in the Long Beach to Cypress area, I've come to know the standards that each class of hotels operate by. For most 2 stars, I know that it will be a continental breakfast if not a muffin/fruit/oatmeal grab basket. Face to face interaction may involve some friendliness but not to be expected. Requests for extra toiletries, etc are to be picked up from the lobby, not brought up to the room. But the discriminatory treatment that I got here was so egregious that it reflects upon the owners of this establishment.

On the first night here, I my guests wanted to stay over the first night and this occurred right after I checked into a King Bed room. It was about 10:30pm and I requested a 2 Double Bed/Queen Bed room instead. The night attendant's response was an abrupt rude "NO". I was offended by the lack of attempt to accommodate since the original room's bathroom wasn't used and bed wasn't slept on. It's no skin off of his or hotel's back to put me in there if a Double room was available and no reservations were made for tonight. I asked if at least one is available and without checking, he told me at least one was but would not give me a direct answer when asked why it wouldn't be possible. I told me that the chances of a late night straggler with a family coming in for a Double Room is low even though his answer was the obvious opposite. He looked for every excuse in the book, such as policy doesn't allow for it after the initial check-in or only one is left and may be rented. He knew that I'm locked in and thus there is no reason to accomodate. I then asked if 10 dollars more a night would allow for it and after some consideration, he told me $20. Double Bed Rooms are considered to be the most basic rooms in the hotel industry. Therefore it's shocking how this night attendant would refuse and then tried to overcharge for a room change when I was willing to pay more. I expressed that he is offensive and greedy, giving me an option only when he felt that I would pay more. He responded with profanity at me, a customer. I asked for his name and at first he wouldn't give it, then told me he is the manager and a fake name. Unless the owner lives there, he/she is usually not the one to work graveyard. I left the office angered and stayed in the original room. I thought that the drama was over until checkout time came about.

On the morning of check-out, I woke at 11:15 to loud banging on the door. Checkout time is 11:00am and so I was wondering who it was since I was only 15 minutes past checkout time. I didn't have contacts/glasses on and was very groggy. After opening the door I discovered a very angry owner/manager in my face. He half yelled that I need to leave and that it is past check-out. I asked for the time and asked for the official checkout time. He responded that Checkout was 9:00am! I told him that all hotels checkout is no earlier than 11:00am and he insisted that if I didn't leave in 5 minutes, he would call the police. I asked if his anger and offensive acts toward me was due to my disagreement with the night attendant, to which he stated "I don't care what happpened." I told him that I would shower and be out in 15 minutes and he repeated that I need to be out in 5 minutes. I proceeded to close the door but he BLOCKED IT with his elbow to prevent me from closing it. I couldn't believe he was doing it since guests oversleep and it's only reasonable to grant 15 minutes. I have rights to the room and this extra 30 minutes doesn't cause a problem since housekeeping have other rooms to clean. I then slammed the door shut so that I could pack and shower.

Afterwards, I asked if the police made it since I wanted to report HIS harrassment. He never called them and after another verbal exchange and having the [--] word used at me, I left, vowing never to rent from this hotel again. The treatment that I got was so extreme that I it was actually harrassment and discrimination since other guests did not receive such. I did not vandalize the room or approach the night attendant and owner with rudeness. Plus, they are supposed to be accommodating within reason, not verbally assault a guest. I put such emphasis on this incident because guests may have special requests from time to time and this treatment may occur again. This is indicative of the owner's perception of his business, guests, and their rights. Such treatment seems to indicate that they think another unsuspecting guest will replace me and hence the lack of need for decent Guest Service.

I believe that it is important to choose where money is spent because it rewards companies that do it right; ones that value their customers. They then can thrive and grow to weed out the companies that do not care. To be objective, the room quality itself was good for a 2 star. The building is not run down and all of the appliances and furniture worked as they should. The location is ok but if one is going to Knott's Berry Farm, there are closer hotels to stay in with a comparable price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
We would like to apologize for your experience here at our hotel. I have shared your review with our staff and make sure they get proper training to accommodate guest properly.
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in March during our trip to Disneyland. The hotel overall was clean, but upon our arrival I noticed hair on my pillow case and mascara. My husband went to the office and asked for a new set of sheets and was given only a top sheet. We both went back and explained that the sheets were dirty and we wanted a new FULL set. The employee refused to give us new sheets. He was VERY argumentative to the point where he told us that we were NOT customers and that we were only a charity case. He eventually told us that we could have new sheets but that we would be checking out in the morning (we paid for two nights) with no refund. We never raised our voice with him and tried to logically deal with him but he was very rude. Eventually we got the new sheets and after MUCH vulgar language and verbal abuse from the employee we were able to tell him that we paid for the 2 nights, so we'll stay the two nights. He obliged.

We would NEVER stay here again! We are frequent travelers and have stayed at many hotels but have NEVER been treated so poorly! The employee made it very clear that this was the company's policy and so it wouldn't do us any good to talk to a manager.

If you want to stay here, bring your own sheets and never talk to the front desk about any issues and you won't have a problem. Absolutely awful experience!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We would like to apologize for your experience here at our hotel. I have shared your review with our staff and make sure they get proper training to accommodate guest with their full satisfation.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Ron took very good care of us. He was always there when we came and went, helping the bus driver park and seeing if we needed anything. He also held the pool open 1 hour late so the students could go swimming one night and even made goody bags for us to take with us on our last day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. We truly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us and glad that your group enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next stay in Cypress.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Overall it was a good experience. We booked a one night stay on our recent trip to knotts berry farm online through the quality inn website and had a date mix up which they willingly changed. The room smelled/appeared clean and seemed to have been maintained properly after every use. The only down side I could come up with was the noise that traveled through the floors, which wasn't really an issue to me, but it might be to others who plan on longer stays.
We would stay here again if given the chance.

• Stayed April 2013
GMQUALITY_5651, General Manager at Super 8 Cypress, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your comments. Our staff takes great pride in going extra mile for our guests.We would like to invite you back to our hotel on your next visit to cypress.
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The Quality Inn, was a super value; clean, safe, comfortable beds, nice bathroom, with a very courteous, attentive, kind management staff.
It was a great find, exactly what we were looking for. Affordable accommodations near Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm. Being close helped us get there early to beat the crowds, something important to us, 'Amusement Park Die Hards.' And it was a nice quiet place to come back to each night after running from morning until closing at both parks.
We would definitely stay again, and will recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. We truly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are very proud of our well trained staff and this helps us to ensure that they are living up to our guest’s expectations.We look forward to seeing you again on your next stay in Cypress.

Been to Super 8 Cypress? Share your experiences!