“Better Than I Expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orange County - Cypress

You added Extended Stay America - Orange County - Cypress to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Cypress
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5990 Corporate Avenue, Cypress, CA 90630 (Formerly Homestead Cypress)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Cypress
Los Angeles, California
“Better Than I Expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

For a long term stay, this is ideal. I was concerned with some of the reviews with regards to the facilities but pleasantly surprised. I noticed how good my room smelled when I entered, Minus one burner that wasn't working, everything else was in working order. Love the full size fridge. I wasn't a huge fan of the pillows, they seemed to be the cheap kind (and one smelled like old man - ick).

Internet was decent. There is an option to purchase high speed, I didn't need it for light work and my iPhone.

I would stay here again if I needed a long-term stay with a fridge and kitchen. The room I stayed is was small, but it was just me and I was in the room pretty much for sleeping. Within walking distance, there were a few restaurants (Subway, Fish Market, I think a Thai restaurant, etc.). Within driving distance, plenty of grocery stores and restaurant options.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Cypress, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, free Wi-Fi and your fully equipped kitchen. As well, I’m happy that your room smelled pleasant upon your arrival. Still, I apologize that the pillows in your room did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

My stay at this hotel has been fantastic. Location is perfect. Very clean rooms. The kitchen is such a plus and a very big part of why I chose this hotel. Makes it feel more like a studio apartment rather than a hotel . Thanks again for a great stay at Extended Stay.

• Stayed February 2014
Santa Barbara, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Lobby small. People basic. Rooms ok. There were cockroaches in our bathroom and kitchen. Nothing was done about it when we reported it. they didn't even offer to give us another room. They have no maid service unless you stay over seven days. they give you basics. if you need more toilet paper or paper towels , you have to ask for it in the lobby. And they don't have a pool or other types of facilities for children. very boring. They had one table outside and one BBQ pit for the entire hotel. We were here with our basketball team for a tournament. Cancelled our upcoming reservations and will never stay at one of these hotels.

Room Tip: Don't go there.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Santee, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

took almost an hour after the posted check in time get the room ready. which wasn't even started until we wanted to check in. very rude customer service. no pool.(none advertised though) but they didn't honor the promo code at check in. I was charged the full room price. and was told that I will be reimbursed for the promo code (still waiting by the way)

Room Tip: remember if you use an online promo code, they charge you for the full room rate then "reimburs...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Blackfoot, Idaho, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The staff was GREAT. The room was clean, but there wasn't a small trash can in the bathroom; although there was one under the sink in the kitchenette. I would like to suggest that an inexpensive cork screw be put in the rooms. Also rooms need to have a TV channel list provided. Trash cans located at the side doors were full and overflowing....made the property look unkept. The lobby was clean...but the hallways could have been vacuumed daily. It was nice to have the little patio set outside for those that smoked and needed a place to sit. I will stay again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Bluffton, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

room 140. opened the door and a roach ran across the counter. i caught it and took it to the front desk and he offered to change the room. i declined because we had just drug our stuff in and we were super tired. i said i better not see another one but his friend showed up the next morning on the wall behind the tv.any place with a kitchen might have bugs. i told the manager to spray or something while we were gone , said they would but did not get back to me or offer any real apology. missing light bulb,missing spoons, missing tv guide and only coffee and hot water for oatmeal plus some fruit and granola bars for breakfast. really poor for $90. a night however the bed was great. the tv control would only move the volume 1 step at a time slowly. that was really bad when the next channel was loud.
wifi was full of ad's. and kind of slow

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen, Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I liked every aspect of my room, from the kitchenette to the queen size bed and soft pillows. The staff are friendly and ready to listen. The hotel is strategically located near shopping malls and restaurants. Extended stay is an ideal place for those on extended business trips due to the facilities offered. If you love cooking rather than eating out, this is the hotel. On the downside, the hotel does not provide shuttle services to LAX. The air conditioner in my room was loud that I had to switch it off and sweat it out...skip the breakfast if you can, nothing much on offer except muffin, coffee, instant oat porridge and apples!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - Cypress? Share your experiences!