“traveling on business” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bow, United States
“traveling on business”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I would highly recommend this Hotel chain when traveling on business. It is quiet, easy to check in/out and has plenty of convenient parking spaces. Also, free wifi and coffee (anytime), buffet breakfast (when pressed for time in the morning) adds to the comfort for business traveling.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Port Chester, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

The people are very nice. Location is Ok. However the ac units are very deceiving. It was very hot today and I moved the ac unit to 60, and put the fan on high. It did not get 1 degree cooler and the fan stayed at the same level. Also for whatever reason, the house keeper shut off the refrigerator ruining my milk and yogurts for the morning. I would not stay here or recommend it to others

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

The outside of the hotel was clear and clean. Note: its hard to park in front of the hotel, so find a parking space before going in. The covered area in front of the hotel is narrow and makes it hard for 2 cars to be in the general area.

The pool is small...not really for laps more for kids playing.

The lobby and sitting area was well kept.

Note if you are heading North on Wolfe Road, the sign for the hotel is not really visible, but there is a real small sign a larger sign for the strip mall. You need to turn Left right after you see Courtyard by Marriott

The front desk clerk did not smile though out the transaction. She gave me the room card but did not point out where the elevators were. She did say Hi when I walked up to the front desk.

Hilton Honors: I had to ask for my Complimentary breakfast pass. It was ready in an envelope, but not given to me.

Room 304 - double queen. This room was clean and free of dust. No issues with the room or its location.

On the morning of check out, my wife called to see if we can do a late check out since my kids were doing a triathlon and needed to shower. We were told that we can Check Out at 1PM (this was confirmed when we were at the front desk - it was noted on the computer). When we returned from the event at 11:45, our door card was disabled so we had to go thru the main lobby. Once we got to our room, we discovered Housekeeping was in the process of cleaning the room, he told us we cannot use the room. So we headed back to the Lobby. The front desk, confirmed that we had late check out and apologized for the problem. He then gave us the card to an unoccupied room so that we can shower. WAY TO GO to make your guests happy!!

Room Tip: 304 - double queen; firm mattress
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

The bed wasn't very comfortable. The location was excellent though. It is right next to 99 ranch market with a whole bunch of restaurants. We found the refrigerator especially useful. There is a microwave, K-cup coffee brewer. Room size is average. The worst thing is the AC unit. You cannot control if it is cold air or warm air coming out. All you can do is set the temperature which doesn't change the air. The central controls if its cold or warm air for the night and this applies to all the rooms!!! How pathetic is that? We ended up opening the window which had no screen. Luckily, there was no mosquito or fly late at night. Don't expect too much from this Hilton, location is excellent though. Price not so.

Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

This is my first time staying at this hotel.

1. $350 for a king size bed room on a weekday? Really? I paid less for 5 star hotel in large cities.
2. The front desk personnel weren't very friendly. They weren't rude or anything, just not very welcoming. I think it's because I didn't look like a guy that would pay $350 a night.
When I talked to them on the phone, they seemed VERY friendly. This makes me think that they weren't being friendly when they actually saw what I looked like.
3. I ordered a room service. It was delivered with a missing item. I will say that the room service staff seemed quite friendly. Also, the food itself was quite good. That's the only reason I'm giving this 2 stars instead of 1.
4. There was a slight urine smell in the room! It appeared the smell was coming from the bathroom. The window was open when I came in, I guess to "air out" the smell??

Sorry but I will not be coming back here next time.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room that doesn't smell.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Adrian V, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear John R,
First and foremost, I would like to thank you for staying with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the food and that you had friendly exchange with our Agents. I do apologize for the missing room service item and the impression that you were left with, in the face to face interaction at the desk. That is not typical of the service that we offer so your honest feedback is much appreciated. I will share it with the staff so that we can continue to improve our guest service as that is a top priority in our hotel.
We hope to get the chance to regain your confidence with us in the future. If I can be of assistance in making your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind Regards,
Adrian Villalobos
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I've been here countless times, and it never disappoints. It's a very pleasant hotel, located close to Apple's Infintie Loop campus, and even closer to the new campus under construction. The staff here distinguishes themselves with very good service. And The Duke of Edinburgh is right next door, too, if you want a little English pub in your life. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Patterson, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

This was our first time staying at this hotel. The place is beautiful, staff is very helpful and friendly, room was spacious and clean, and the room was cleaned daily. We look forward to returning to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino? Share your experiences!