“Beautiful and quiet” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Cupertino
Eugene, Oregon
“Beautiful and quiet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I was on a visit to Sunnyvale and stayed at the garden inn for a night. $99 plus tax for a standard guest room. the bed is very comfortable. The entire hotel is beautifully designed. It came with a fitness room and pool. Great breakfast and excellent service. will come back if I visit Sunnyvale again

• Stayed December 2012
Rick S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear RoadO,
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your experience. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are very proud of our beautiful hotel as it is unlike most of the standard Garden Inn hotels. Happy New Year and we hope to see you more in 2013!
Rick Sisneros

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

HGI Cupertino is my go-to South Bay hotel for good reason: the price is cheap, location is great, and the service excellent.

It's nice that there's free parking and free Internet included in the rate, but what does it for me is the hotel is right by Interstate 280 so I can pretty much get wherever I want to go with ease. And I must say it's nice that a toothbrush and toothpaste are available free at the front desk unlike many other hotels in the same category.

Finally, breakfast is pretty good as well. It's no countertop greaseball diner, but it's in the property and tastes great! And free if you're HHonors Gold or Diamond, which I get to take advantage of every time!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear rpereyda,
Thank you for making us your “Go-to” hotel in the area! We appreciate your Brand loyalty and we’re glad that you were able to experience our great service and thoughtful amenities! It is a great honor to know that you will choose us for future visits and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Cupertino area again!
Regards,
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

This hotel is great for a few nights stay if you have business in Silicon Valley (especially the southern part of). It is very reasonably priced and the breakfasts are nice with a good variety of food.

Internet and parking are free and the room was very spacious.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Nir T
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate the time that you took to share your experience and we hope to welcome you back again soon!
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Hilton Garden Inn in Cupertino is a nice quiet place to stay. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Hotel has recently been renovated, so rooms are nice and fresh. Location is a bit awkward to get to and from in Silicon Valley. It's hidden behind a shopping mall. In hotel restaurant is good but pricey. Roomy health fitness center with good equipment. Highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Rick S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear isdn4u,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future!
Cypress, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

HORRIBLE. Upon checkin at 3PM, room was stuffy. Turned on thermostat and set temp to 70 - room became comfortable. At some point during the night, I woke up to an unbearably warm room and realized the unit was blowing HOT air, like 90 degrees HOT. I turned it off and returned to bed. The next morning I rang guest services and ask them to turn off the heat to my room and they did so. Night two - again the room was fine upon my return from meetings and was blowing moderate to cool air. Again the unit begain blowing HOT air at some point during the night without my adjusting it. I call guest services in the middle of the night and asked them to cut the heat. They never did so I had to open a window for ventilation. The property sits on a very busy street with all night traffic and between that and the fact that I am a woman traveling alone, I did not sleep. Night three - I asked the front desk if they could do anything about how hot it is in my room. They explained that the HVAC is a central unit and that the manager wants it warm. I asked if there was any way I could just get the fan to work so I could have ventiliation and I was told they would give me a floor fan and I should open the window. I asked what the thermostat was for if the manager determines whether cooling or heating is available to rooms and I was told the thermostats are really "false advertising!" Night four - I am sitting here in front of the floor fan by the open window in the rain (secretly hoping it ruins Hilton's carpet) counting the hours until I can get out of here. I will never, ever, ever stay at this property again!!! Oh, and my coworker who is staying on the other side of the building had to ask for a SPACE HEATER . . . SERIOUSLY!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Northern CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is typically a business hotel. Therefore, during certain times the rates drops to less than $94 per night. The staff is friendly. The room is typical Hilton Garden Inn, but there is a small microwave and a mini refrigerator. The site has a small heated pool. The pool area and the exercise area are accessed via your key. All areas of the hotel are very clean. Daily newspapers are free at the front desk. There is a fruit bowl in the morning and there are cookies in the evening by the front desk.

There is a breakfast and dinner area. We had dinner on the first night and were pleasantly surprised. The salmon dish and the short rib dishes were nicely cooked, flavorful, and priced at about $18 per dish.

Breakfast is included if you are a Hilton gold or platinum. It costs about $12.95. It is a buffet, but cooked to order eggs, omelets, pancakes can be requested for no additional cost. The only negative is that there is a small bar area attached to the eating area. The eating area is small and the tv in the bar had ongoing sports programs. It would be nice to have music or nothing during meal times and the sports at other times.

This is an easy hotel to access over Interstate 280. There are restaurants, movies, and a mall within walking distance. Parking is free.

Room Tip: There really isn't any view rooms at this hotel. It is a practical choice, not a scenic or roman...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Rick S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear patsyannie,
I want to thank you for choosing our hotel and for sharing your experience with other travelers on this site. Whether you are here for business or leisure, we strive to exceed your expectations and I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and all that we have to offer. We hope to welcome you back in the future!
Kind Regards,
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I had a very good experience overall at this hotel. The staff was friendly, the room was really large and well maintained (though they forgot to clean out the fridge and there was some weird stew in it ha), also a decent fitness center. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Rick S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear JL Fog,
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I would also like to apologize about the refrigerator. I will make sure to share your valuable input with the team so that we can continue to improve as we strive to exceed our guests’ expectations.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future!
Rick Sisneros

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino? Share your experiences!