“In the heart of Silicon Valley” 4 of 5 stars

Cupertino Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10889 North De Anza Boulevard, Cupertino, CA 95014   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Cupertino
Citrus Heights, California
“In the heart of Silicon Valley”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I have family in Cupertino and found the Cupertino Inn to be a convenient choice when visiting.
It's right near shopping and dining venues, and has easy access to the freeway. It isn't much to look at from the exterior, but the atrium design is pleasing to the eye, and the rooms are well appointed. I find the rooms to be on par with the average Embassy Suites for comparison. (sitting area/bedroom) Although the complementary breakfast is adequate it's not as big and varied as an Embassy Suites.

Although the center pool and patio design is pretty to look at, it does make for a noisy environment, especially in the evening if kids are present. During our recent stay, there were several families with small children in the pool. Sitting in the patio area for cocktails was not as relaxing as I would have liked. Luckily I found the rooms to be sufficiently quiet if you were in the bedroom area. The adjoining sitting/living room area was closest to the atrium and therefore noisier.

I should also note, that the views from the hotel are nothing to write home about, but that's not really a major flaw. I would agree with other reviewers that the hotel is probably due for some upgrading, but I wouldn't characterize it as rundown either. The bathrooms were oversized and well stocked. We found the staff to be attentive and friendly, and overall would pick the hotel again in the future.

Room Tip: I suggest a room away from the elevators to reduce the noise of people always walking by.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
CBono1, General Manager at Cupertino Inn, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
We are so grateful for your feedback, for the 4 and 5 star ratings and we thank you for taking the time to review your experience on TripAdvisor.

We hope to see you again soon!

Kind Regards,

Claudio Bono

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Plainfield, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I recently stayed at the Cupertino Inn for the second time, and I've found it to be an overall enjoyable experience. The rooms are nice, but they lack soundproofing and thus a lot of noise from the courtyard, freeway, or guests in the halls can impact your sleep. It may have been specific to my room, but the lighting was poor with multiple lamp bulbs burning out during my stay and others flickering when bumped or shaken.

The lobby, and especially the facade, could use a bit of freshening up as well, but the service is good and the complimentary breakfast and cocktail hours are a nice benefit. I would stay here again, but its not my first choice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
CBono1, General Manager at Cupertino Inn, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate you taking the time to detail your experience. We thank you for a 5 star rating on cleanliness! I am happy to inform you that we listen to your comments and the Cupertino Inn is being updated as you are reading this note. We hope to be your first choice Hotel whenever in Cupertino!

Please email me directly on your next visits, I can be reached via cbono@cghotelgroup.com.
We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the near future!

Warm regards,

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

This hotel is quite large and the rooms are giant. Very nice pool and quick access to SJ; it's right off the freeway. Friendly staff and everything is clean and bright. It is a bit pricey... but you do get what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
CBono1, General Manager at Cupertino Inn, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
We are so grateful for your feedback and for the 5 star ratings! We thank you for taking the time to review your experience on TripAdvisor.

We hope to see you again soon!

Kind Regards,

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

i travel extensively over to Europe and in the US mostly for business and stay only in 4/5 stars hotels. Must say this one is really great, everything was just perfect (and I'm picky!!) i really enjoyed my stay there.
And on top of that, to my big surprise, while I was waiting in the lobby, I ran into their New General Manager (Mr Claudio Bono) who was the hotel Manager where I Stay down in Miami.
This man is really professional, and makes sure by all means that guests are treated the best way and anticipations of needs are fulfilled.
Next time I come to SF, my secretary knows where to book.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate you taking the time to detail your experience, and I am so pleased to have you staying with us! It is always a pleasure seeing a returning & happy customer!

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Warm Regards,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

The Cupertino Inn has 2 faces. One face concerns the general areas (lobby, bar / breakfast area, pool). This part is is not so nice. This is all a bit shabby. On the other hand you have the rooms. Although these also feel a bit old, at least these rooms are very spacious, and the bed is of very good quality. The hotel itself is located centrally, but there is nothing worth while at walking distance (unless you have to be at Infinity Loop). Like all hotels in Cupertino, this hotel is very expensive, especially compared what you get in return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
CBono1, General Manager at Cupertino Inn, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
On behalf of the entire team at The Cupertino Inn, thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit to our hotel on TripAdvisor!

We thank you for the 4 star rating on rooms, location and sleep quality. We are pleased to inform you that the lobby, bar, breakfast area and pool are being redone at this time. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you once again at the Cupertino Inn so that you can enjoy changes first hand!

Warm Regards,

Costa Mesa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I was originally booked at the Cyprus, unfortunately they had to walk me out, which is always a burden i would rather not bear. Did not know what to expect when going to this new property, but as soon as i walked in, I was pleasantly surprised by the looks of the front lobby. When I ventured further I was impressed by the lounge and the ambiance of guests and staff. When I got to my room I was stoked by its modern look and layout. All in all, best walk out I have ever encountered. Excited to start having my company book here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I was really impressed from the organic soaps and lotions to the free breakfast and 2 hours open bar each day staff was very friendly and accomadating to my every needs two thumbs up for sure. Can't wait to return the next time my rap group is on tour

• Stayed January 2014

Been to Cupertino Inn? Share your experiences!