“Quiet hotel in Silicon Valley” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Holiday Shopping Package
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Cupertino
Evanston, Illinois
“Quiet hotel in Silicon Valley”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We stayed here for Stanford graduation of family. Was quiet, clean, comfortable. The lobby and courtyard were pleasant for relaxing. The breakfast was adequate but pricey, and NOT included in the price of the room. The rooms were average size, with fairly good soundproofing. Overall, a good value, especially for California.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
CupertinoCY, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Cupertino, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
I appreciate your taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Cupertino Courtyard while you attended the Stanford Graduation Ceremonies. I look forward to having you visit us again when your travels bring you to the Bay Area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Wilmington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

The staff was very pleasant and the hotel was up to Marriott Courtyard expectations, but the noise is horrendous. I was originally checked into a room on the freeway (and I am a Marriott Gold Member). I requested a quieter room and it was OK off commute times, but I was awakened at 5:30AM by the sound of traffic in my room. There are other choices in the area - pick one. This is not up to Marriott's standards.

Room Tip: Request a courtyard room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
CupertinoCY, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Cupertino, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you for your review of the hotel. I am so excited to hear that our hotel staff was pleasant and that you felt the hotel was up to Courtyard Marriott standards. We pride ourselves on providing a great experience for each of our customers. You did mention the noise from the freeway. I am sorry this bothered you. Our location is exceptionally convenient, but our proximity to the freeway can have its downside as well. Although not something we can change, we are aware that the hotel’s location can be noisier than some are used too. We offer the ear plugs as a way for some persons to achieve a more restful sleep if this is the case. The next time you come to visit, try to reserve a VIEW room as this guarantees you a room overlooking the beautiful courtyard area which may offer relief from the roadway. Thank you again for your review. I hope to see you again soon.
Lenexa, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

This is a nice hotel especially, for business travelers. Prices are a little high (for a Courtyard Marriott), but I think this has more to do with it being in Cupertino / San Jose than anything else. I ended up staying here because the San Jose Marriott was sold out (also nice), and was pleasantly surprised. Rooms were large. Wifi was good and the gym, had just been re-done and had just about anything you'd want. There is a full bar and the typical Courtyard Bistro. There was some outdoor seating in the courtyard which, with the weather you get in this area of the US, is as good a place as any to grab a drink and get caught up on some email. Down the road is a fantastic little restaurant I found, Alexander's Steakhouse. A 5 minute walk and worth it. Pricey, but a very good option for dinner. Bartenders were great. Not too stuffy, and the drinks were nice. Cabs do take about 15 minutes to get to the hotel. Airport is just 20 minutes away.

Room Tip: Stay in the back or off the street (front of hotel) if you can to avoid some of the street noise at...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
I am pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thank you for sharing your experience. It sounds like you were really able to take advantage of the many benefits our Courtyard has to offer as well as some of the local flavors. I do hope you get an opportunity to visit us again!
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

The hotel lobby has been updated and has a reasonable selection of food and serves beer & wine. The hotel rooms still seem dated and have a musty smell. The rooms have a small frig and one cup coffee maker. First floor rooms you can hear footsteps from the second floor but, I couldn't hear the noise while sleeping. Parking around the hotel can fill up. The hotel is right off of Hwy 280.

• Stayed May 2014
CupertinoCY, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Cupertino, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review and share your experience with the Courtyard San Jose Cupertino. I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by the foot noise above your room. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction and we are constantly looking for ways to insure our guest's comfort, even in the face of things that are not directly in our control. Our guestrooms have been recently updated with new carpet, bedding, mattresses and other upholstered furnishings. I am glad you had a chance to stay with us and hope to have an opportunity to do so again soon.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This Courtyard Marriott is located right off I 280. It is difficult to spot upon arrival as the driveway snakes back around toward the freeway. The beds are very comfortable. The linens are crisp and clean. There is a mall and other shopping. The CM has a small café. Our room had a small mini refrigerator that we were able to fill with items for the grocery store. the outdoor courtyard is a great place to meet with family and friends travelling with you or to escape them and read a book or magazine. Similarly, the lobby is inviting and comfortable. Would recommend to a friend.

Green Features: Hotel should add small recycling containers in each room. Takes appropriate steps with regard to laundry.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff made you feel welcomed and appreciated. I certainly appreciate your feedback regarding the difficulty finding our hotel. Although we are right off the freeway, we are still a bit tucked away. I am glad you were able to enjoy the hotel and the many amenities. I hope that now that you know where to find us, we can have the pleasure of serving you again soon.
gloucestershire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights on a trip to visit family living in the area, check in was quick and professional, front desk very helpful, room very clean and spacious, I had asked in advance for a rollaway bed and this was in the room, very nice clean hotel,lobby area, outside patio with fire pit, small gym and outside swimming pool, it was very hot during our stay so we used the pool a lot.
We left it late to eat one night but the small eating area in the lobby made up very good sandwiches for us, there are also snacks and drinks available to buy by reception. My only complaint about this otherwise lovely and friendly hotel would be the road noise, as other reviewers have stated the hotel is situated at the entrance to the freeway and road noise is really bad, you feel you are sleeping in the middle of the freeway!! im sure this could be fixed with effective double glazing, the internet access is free and a bit patchy but ok for us as we were on vacation.It is also quite expensive to stay here but that is down to the area. All that said I would return but would ask for a room away from road noise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony overlooking pool away from freeway
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the hotel. I am so exceited to hear that our hotel met your needs. We pride ourselves on providing a great experience for each of our customers and I am so happy that this was the case for you. You did mention the noise from the freeway. I am sorry this bothered you. Our location is exceptionally convenient, but our proximity to the freeway can have its downside as well. The next time you come to visit, try to reserve a VIEW room as this guarantees you a room overlooking the beautiful courtyard area which may offer relief from the roadway. It also allows you a view of the pool area that you enjoyed during your stay. Thank you again for your review. I hope to see you again soon.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Like most Courtyard hotels, this one is not a high rise building. It has a kind of relaxed feel around it. I like the lobby, cafeteria area where one can have it's breakfast (great granola yoghurt) and where one can watch a bit TV in the evening. It is nothing special, but it is the most modern part of the hotel. Rooms are ok, but a bit dated (and overpriced, but that seems to be the case for all Cupertino hotels). If you move to the San Jose area, you get similar quality hotels for half the price. But from all the hotels in tried in Cupertino, I liked the feel of the Courtyard the best.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
CupertinoCY, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Cupertino, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Eric d,

I appreicate your writing a review of the property. We are always interested in recieving feedback on our hotel and services. I am glad you enjoyed the Food and Beverage offerings within the hotel and that our hotel is where you like to stay when you are in the area. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Cupertino? Share your experiences!