“Love this place!” 5 of 5 stars

408-257-2383
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Torre is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 184 Restaurants in Cupertino
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: De Anza Blvd
Transit: Santa Clara County Valley Transportation Authority. (Bus) De Anza Blvd.
Glenview, IL
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011 via mobile

Great food. ...a real gem. I will definitely return again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, GA
“Freezer burn on my Shrimp”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

Nice looking place stuck in a shopping center, Advertises itself as a wine bar, but is not. The wine list is reasonably interesting but small. Sad the food is so bad.

Visited June 2011
Sunnyvale, California
“Decent food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

My co-worker and I came in for lunch one day. I made reservations a few days prior because I've heard how packed it can get during lunch time. When we got there at 1:30, however, there were plenty of open tables so a reservation wasn't really necessary. We ordered two dishes (since we're broke), and they were both tasty and came in big portions. They split up everything in half for us, which I thought that was very sweet. The service wasn't too super attentive, which I actually like. Food came out quickly. Overall, it was a nice experience.

Sacramento
“Excellent Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2010

I've been to this restaurant too many times to count and it was always great, but did start going down for a while in 2008 but the restaurant recently changed hands and one of many years ago waiters now owns the place and he has taken it back to the excellent place it used to be. The waiters are friendly and easily talked to and the atmosphere is one of enjoyment. Don't miss it.

Ken Chastain

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
N. California
“steadily declining. I'm not coming back.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2009

I have been to Cafe Torre more than 15 times over the past 8 or 9 years. Obviously, I thought it was pretty good. Well, I have been progressively more and more disappointed in my last 3-4 visits, and I am finally writing it off. The quality of the food, that is, the basic raw material, has been going downhill. I usually get the rack of lamb, and the quality of the meat is clearly lower than it used to be. I have had a couple of problems recently with cold food arriving at the table, and the service has become more and more indifferent. The last straw is when I asked the waiter to omit the whipped potato and maybe add a few more veggies (I am diabetic). He just ignored me and brought a standard plate. (His English is just fine).

My theory is that the owner has been trying to hold the line on price increases by cutting expenses wherever he can. Well, in my book, it isn't working. Although the menu prices might be reasonable, getting a crummy cut of meat, served cold, by an indifferent waiter is no fun even if it is free. I could overlook this happening once. Nobody's perfect. But 3 times in a row means I'm outta here.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere