“Go for Happy Hour!” 5 of 5 stars

Gyu-kaku
19620 Stevens Creek Blvd, Suite 150, Cupertino, CA 95014
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Gyu-kaku is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 151 Restaurants in Cupertino
Los Angeles, California
“Go for Happy Hour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We made reservations and boy did it save us a wait! & we came here for their happy hour. The beef tongue was delicious. Sounds kind of gross, but its thinly sliced and cooks really fast. Chicken & cheese fondue?! YES please! I love cheese. One thing I don't like is that some of the meats a sliced thick or in big slices. They are hard to cut smaller because they don't give you knives or anything; so you have to either rip/ tear them, try to bite off a piece, or eat the whole piece!

The service was spot on! The server was really nice and really helpful. He told us how long to cook each item.

I've never had green tea cheesecake, but I'm glad I tried it here. It was the perfect end to my meal. Overall, I really enjoyed this place!

Visited June 2013

San Jose, California
“Delicious Food, AMAZING Happy Hour Menu!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I recently discovered this little gem with my family and have been twice since. First off, the staff has been quite friendly and informative, giving info and personal recommendations on items.

Second, the experience is really fun for the whole family, because there is a small BBQ pit in the center of each table. There are many cookable options including veggies, aged/marinated meats, and more! You pop stuff on and off the grill yourself, and eat things while they're super fresh and hot. Another fun aspect is that you can order s'mores for dessert and everyone can roast their s'mores right there at the table. (there are other delicious options like green tea cheesecake or mochi sundays)

Third, the happy hour menu is quite extensive, with tons of appetizer, main course, and dessert options! I LOVE their spicy tuny volcano roll on the appetizer menu, and like most of the happy hour menu, it's only a little over $2!

I encourage foodies, couples, AND families to check this place out. It's great!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cupertino, California
“Mixed Results”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

FOOD:
We found the food here to be somewhat Jykell and Hyde. For example, the spicy pork and the yaki-shabu beef were both excellent. But the tuna poke and the garlic noodles were too salty, and the steamed dumplings and chicken karaage were overdone.

SERVICE:
The service was superb. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful.

PRICE:
Not too bad. Our bill averaged out to around $20 per person (happy hour rate).

• Visited November 2012