“Safe option in Silicon Valley” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$10 Breakfast Credit
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Cupertino
New York City, New York
“Safe option in Silicon Valley”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

There are lots of hotel/motel options in Silicon Valley and they range from pretty basic to fancy. The Aloft Cupertino is probably on the higher end of the spectrum whilst continuing to offer fairly competitive rates. There were no surprises with my stay - neither positive nor negative, other than parking was quite tight when I arrived at around 8pm and I had to wait for a lot to open up.

The room was large and the bed was comfortable, and everything was clean. Check in and check out was quick and painless though the hotel appeared to be fairly busy. Didn't have the chance to try the pool or the reasonably well appointed gym, but would have if there was more time.

All in all a decent option in Silicon Valley, which I would be happy to return to on my next trip.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I have stayed here a couple of times now and I have to say that I am really impressed with the service I get from check in to check out. I am always greeted with a friendly smile from the front desk and love the bar staff. I love the easy access the hotel has from the freeway and surrounding areas to visit. Everything seems only "5 minutes away". I love the upbeat attitude of the staff and enjoy my visit each time! Looking forward to my next visit!

Room Tip: ask for a room that faces the pool
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Cupertino, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Ray C,

Thank you for your great review. Trust us, we loved having you as much as you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again soon.
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My wife and I took advantage of the special weekend rate and were pleasantly surprised how relaxing a "business hotel" was. We enjoyed the friendly staff, rooms and their lounge, which had a live cover band. The bartender and waitress were great. They suggested some of their featured cocktails which were great. We had a room that faced the pool. The room was perfect for us. They have apple TV's so we were able to stream our Netflix. There are many stores, and restaurants close by. Overall it was a great stay with great service.

Room Tip: Top floor is best
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Seaton Carew, null, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I was extreamly disappointed with the service at this hotel. I booked around two months in advance with booking.com but my plans changed. I emailed the hotel about a month before my trip to see if it was possible and the reply was positive: in fact they changed my day with no additional charge! I emailed to double check and they sent me a conformation so I felt happy to travel.

Upon my arrival I was told there was no booking for me and that the hotel was full - they blamed the error on booking.com and then on the lady who sent me the email, but surely management is at fault if they are putting untrained staff in charge of dealing with bookings.

The reception staff, although polite, made no effort in finding me an alternative. The whole place seems to have an elitist attitude which is sorely does not deserve. Needless to say I will not be back - I managed to find a much nicer place a little further away from Apple and in the future will stay there.

Lance M, Manager at Aloft Cupertino, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
I am sorry for your experience. Unfortunately when you book through a third party you must coordinate any changes or cancellations through the company you booked through. This is due to their securing the room for you as well as payment is processed through them. We did offer to try and assist you in finding other accommodations. We also approved the cancellation for the reservation you had arriving two days later at no charge. I again apologize for any misunderstanding or that we were unable to accommodate your request to arrive two days prior to your reservation. I hope we have another opportunity to serve you again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I don't have a lot of expectations when staying at a "business hotel" when traveling for fun, but I was pleasantly surprised by my stay at the Aloft. The room was very clean (1st thing I check), very quiet (seemed I was the only guest!), and the bed was so comfortable. Although people have mentioned the water pressure in the shower, that type of waterfall shower head is NOT supposed to have high pressure. I loved it. I would love to stay here agan when I'm in the area...so close to the Apple offices. Great stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I’ve now had two weekend stays with family members and enjoyed them thoroughly. Even though there were two large events occurring in the evening that must have taxed the staff, the service remained stellar. It’s a unique and fun experience for everyone -- vibrant, yet I could retreat to my quiet and comfortable room. Try it out!!

Room Tip: Staff will go out of their way to accommodate your request.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

The rooms are clean. The bed was comfortable. Only negative is the water pressure. Free internet is nice. Also has free parking. Walking distance to several restaurants. Has a fitness room and a pool as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cupertino
Juniper Hotel
4.0 of 5 stars 124 reviews
Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Cupertino
Four Points by Sheraton Cupertino
Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel

Been to Aloft Cupertino? Share your experiences!