“Fun Hotel, Beyond Excellent Customer Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Cupertino
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Campbell, California
“Fun Hotel, Beyond Excellent Customer Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I discovered Aloft online as I was searching last minute for an affordable, local hotel to celebrate my son's birthday. We usually have all of our birthday parties at the Marriot (Residence Inn) but their rates sky rocketed so much that I had to find a new "party place". WE FOUND IT! As soon as we walked into the lobby the kids started running in all different directions. Aloft provides a really cool atmosphere, plenty of entertainment/socializing options, great bar, fun/hip decor and an amazing staff. When you walk into a hotel with 5 very excited kids, you are usually not met with friendly, smiling faces. Not true here. The staff provided the same superior service to the kids that they provided to me and all of the other guests. I am not exaggerating when I say that every single member of the staff that we came in contact with went above and beyond to accommodate our requests. Actually, we had very few requests but the employees saw some opportunities to make our stay a little better and they delivered. It's one thing to have a hotel "do their best" to honor their guests requests but Aloft employees/staff actually anticipate their guests needs and provide a level of service I haven't seen in any of the 5 star hotels I have stayed in. I highly recommend Aloft to everyone traveling for business or pleasure. You have got to experience the "Royal Treatment" provided at Aloft. The best part, Royal Treatment @ literally 1/2 the cost of "so-so" treatment.

Room Tip: If traveling with children, probably better to get a room closer to elevator as kids have a hard tim...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Nikki_Por, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Cupertino, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Happy belated birthday to your son! We are delighted to hear that he and his friends all enjoyed their birthday party at Aloft Cupertino, and that the experience was very easy for you as the host. We pride ourselves on our great team and customer service. We hope you are able to stay with us again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Lance was very helpful. Room was clean and very comfortable. Front desk was friendly when I walked in. Free parking a plus and very convienient. I really enjoyed my stay and I will definietly come back :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Nikki_Por, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Cupertino, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in Cupertino. We take a great deal of pride in our team's friendliness and are glad you felt welcome. We hope to see you again soon!
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in Aloft for 9 days for business trip. Location is perfect as it is closed to Apple campus. The rooms are decent but could be better in the following areas

1. Water pressure in bathroom is weak.
2. The air con vent is pretty noisy

I love the apple tv which allows me to stream my Mac and ipad to the 42" tv in the room.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Nikki_Por, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Cupertino, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
We appreciate your time in leaving us a review of your recent stay. We apologize about any inconveniences you experienced, we will be addressing these issues with our Engineering team to ensure they do not occur again. We are glad you were able to utilize Apple TV during your stay. We hope you consider us again when you return to Cupertino.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

First time in the area and wasn't sure what to expect.
The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and the bar downstairs was fun. I didn't even have to leave the hotel to find something fun to do!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed both the Cupertino area and your stay with us. W XYZ bar is a great option for relaxing outside of your room while on the road. We hope you are able to stay with us again during your next trip to Cupertino!
Clinton Township, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one night while on business in Cupertino. Pricing aside, I was very pleased with the facility and staff. Everything in the room was comfortable and pleasing, although there were details in the room that I could not figure out if they were overlooked or meant to be part of the theme/style (for example, portions of plastic wrap adhered to stainless steel portions of closet). The single-serve in-room coffee was excellent (hard to believe, I know)! One complimentary bottle of water was provided as a Starwood Preferred promotion. As might be expected in "Apple Town, USA" the TV had Apple TV connected. I loved this feature, but it is also weird since previous guests had saved their log-in information (these units are designed for home use, not hotel). Breakfast was not complimentary but was worth the cost--well prepared and attended. I did not partake in the outdoor pool or nightclub, but they both seemed inviting. I am typically a low-budget traveler in non-metro areas, so I was not impressed by the price. However, for this area, the price was good for the quality.

san francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Adopting the new model of 'low service' hotels the "W" has started Aloft. The rooms are super clean, "W" styling, and have great coffee and a mini frig where you can put your own drinks and snacks. The staff is super helpful and they have a little kitchen where they'll make you a breakfast and there are all the snacks you'd want for purchase in the lobby - juice, milk and espressos.

lovely lobby to hang out near the bar and even a small pool and sunning deck!

Room Tip: Assuming you're not on a romantic vacation, it doesn't matter but some rooms overlook the pa...
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I stayed in late January for both business (weekday) & pleasure (weekend) and was very happy with the services provided. First, because of the dual nature of my trip, I split my reservation in two and that was handled with no problem. We tried early check-in but there was nothing available - Tino and a female colleague (didn't get her name) both were very helpful in trying to get a room for us available as soon as possible. While waiting, we were able to enjoy a public pool table (in the restaurant/bar area which is quiet during the day).

For the business portion of my trip, Tino helped arrange a complementary shuttle ride and I was taken to my office location by the GM, Jeff Zogg. Mr. Zogg cared about whether my stay was pleasant - we had a good discussion about Aloft properties and the area during the ride.

The rooms, as others have stated, are straight-forward and comfortable (great value for the price). Since the hotel is about 1 year old, most of the furniture is in good shape. Wifi is free/included and is a reasonably high bandwidth. I heard that the end corner rooms are better - I don't have personal experience since my room was in the middle, but higher floors are presumably quieter if you have a room off of De Anza (we had a 3rd floor room facing De Anza and it wasn't bad).

Parking underneath is plentiful and free. Location is very close to Apple, one exit from Cupertino Village, and close to both I-280 & Hwy 85. There is a pool which is kept at 80 degrees - I did not know that or else I would have packed appropriately (it was not busy but it is the winter).

Great stay - look forward to staying again in my next visit to the Cupertino area.

Room Tip: High floor; corner (probably not facing De Anza).
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Nikki_Por, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Cupertino, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time in Cupertino and that you were able to take advantage of many of our free amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to town.

Been to Aloft Cupertino? Share your experiences!