“In the heart of Cupertino!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Cupertino
Irvine, California, United States
“In the heart of Cupertino!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Nice hotel with the brand new interior smell. However, being a new hotel it has its pros and cons:
Pros: I was allowed to check in early and get some extra work done followed by a workout. Fitness center is better than the Hilton & Courtyard's. Nice decor. Good location at the heart of Cupertino.

Cons: There were construction going on throughout my stay during the day and it was quite noisy in the room. Also, I was not acknowledged as a SPG gold guest and had to remind them to check for my member upgrades.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Cupertino, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thanks for commenting on your recent stay with us. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the style and amenities! We've met with our associates regarding the lack of acknowledgement about your Gold status. Hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Vista, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Just completed a one night stay here. You can still smell, that this hotel is brand new. The staff is very hopeful and eager to help you out. The rooms are well appointed as I received a corner room. The bar is a happening place . I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Great location, good hotel for a business trip where you just want to check in, get to the room to do some work, and go about your business. The self-serve food downstairs is great, especially for a light breakfast while doing work. Bar food leaves something to be desired, but that's no surprise. One disappointment - apparently my room (255) was right over the laundry, and so the floor literally vibrated while the dryer or some other equipment was on. Other than that minor annoyance, would recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: don't take room 255
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're thrilled to hear that our hotel met your needs for your business trip. We are looking into the shaking issue you mentioned. Please give us a call if you are staying again and we'll be sure to switch your room.
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have traveled to many hotels over the years, and most seem to blend together. This hotel stood out for me in the best way possible. I was there on business, and my stay started out very well. Check in was so easy at the front desk and I got a great room on the third floor (large walk in shower was perfect for my taste). After finishing my meetings for the day I went to the bar next to the lobby. The bartenders were wonderful. Sara and Carrie made great drinks and food recommendations. The bar is fantastic. They even have a nice menu for food. Just like a W hotel, it was well lit in very cool colors and had lighting effects on the bar counter itself. There were plenty of TV’s and places to lounge. The entire property had a cool, hip vibe to it. There was even a pool table and an outdoor space with additional seating. In the morning I went to the gym there, which had all the equipment I needed for my workout regimen. Again, it was very clean and had brand new exercise equipment, which is always a plus. I had the chance to speak with a few of the managers on property, and they were very personable and passionate about the new hotel. For the business traveler, this is the perfect hotel. And after staying in many of the surrounding Cupertino hotels, there is no question that the Aloft is the place for me. I will be staying here every time I travel to Cupertino.

Room Tip: Order some drinks and apps at the bar
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay, and we are so happy you are choosing us as your go-to Cupertino hotel! We enjoy hearing our guests' perspectives and opinions of our new hotel. See you soon!
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

How can one not fall in love with this place? The rooms are spacious, the bar is perfect, and the staff is invisible but in a good way. This property is built for the Googlers and Applers of the world!

• Stayed February 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Just stayed for the weekend and have a nice time. The lobby and lounge were the best part for me. I like the outdoor seating although I did not get to use. The lobby was clean and fresh and had an energy even when empty.
My room was as expected. Comfortable and very modern. Very good wifi. I was able to connect my ipad to the AppleTV in the room which was cool. I am wondering if Apple allows them to jailbreak this device since they sit so close to their campus. Must be special deal considering how much of a stink they make about jailbroken phones and other devices. Well it had me wondering at least.
The hotel is very convenient to the Flint Center since i was there for a comedy performance. I would recommend it if you were here for business or pleasure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was just here for a night on business. Seems like the place just opened recently (there were still contractors here and there). Like other Aloft hotels, this one is hip and stylish. I like the free coffee in the morning and the free internet access (with a good connection). Check in was easy, and my SPG gold status was acknowledged. The room was spacious and the bathroom also a nice size. The bed was very comfortable and the hotel is very clean (again, still quite new). Pet peeves- light and noise. The room gets decently dark at night, but the door to the corridor sits about a half inch above the floor. I put a towel on the floor to cover the crack and hide the light. The room was quiet (I asked for a non-connecting room), but 24/7 there was an odd noise somewhere nearby that sounded like a piece of heavy machinery working (like the humm of the engine of a steam roller). The sink in the bathroom drained very slowly. The location is nice, just off of 280, next door to Apple, and convenient to places to eat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Aloft Cupertino? Share your experiences!