“Fantastic experience” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“Fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Had a work conference in Silicon Valley last weekend and decided to try out the property. Their entire staff was supper friendly (front desk, guest services, house keeping, security) and my girl was able to bring her puppy as well (which made things easier for all parties involved)! Guest services even provided clean bowls and treats.

The bed was very comfortable and there were plenty of comfy pillows too. I had a big enough work space for 3 laptops, the internet was fast, and the TV had plenty of channels.

They had a complementary 5 o'clock Wine Hour which was worth the stay alone. We left the conference and within 10 minutes were sipping white and red wine (ok we gotta a little tipsy) and eating octopus brought out by the chef. She wasn't a fan so we ordered the ahi appetizer (which was really good) and got ready for our night out.

The bathroom was clean and the shower had a lot of water pressure. The room had 2 really comfortable robes which was nice. House keeping was very kind and did a great job cleaning so I left a few more bucks than I typically do.

They had a full work-out room with TV screens and iced water. Next time we'll be taking their hotel bikes out for a ride. How cool is that amenity?

Overall 5 stars and will definitely be returning when in town for work. Thanks again for the fantastic experience!

Room Tip: Don't miss the complimentary Wine Hour!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
mariastreeby, General Manager at Cypress Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Jay S,
THIS ROCKS! Thank you so much for the fantastic review of our property. I love it when everything happens the way it is supposed to. We are all looking forward to you coming back and giving the bikes a spin when you are here!
Maria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
London, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stayed in a suite. Top floor. Not that clean, windows very dirty and found sticky stuff on desk.
Bed was ok. Bathroom is big with huge tub. Poor shower and low water pressure. No space in shower to put your stuff. Self-parking available, but pretty full all the time. Room is dark due to windows being small. Internet ok. Did not use any of the bar or restaurant
Everything was pretty average, but far too expensive for what you get and would not stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
mariastreeby, General Manager at Cypress Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Misiu_UK,
This hurt to read, I am in disbelief that this was your experience at this hotel. I am so sorry and want to make things right. If you are open to discuss, I am available via phone at 408-342-4805 or maria.streeby@thecypresshotel.com.
Thank you.
raleigh, nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We are big fans of Kimpton hotels and try to stay whenever possible, mostly in NYC and San Diego; and we love they are dog friendly and have very nice rooms and personalized service. This property was on par with the others.

Pros:
- Enjoyed the nice Kimpton touches such as amenities on arrival, raid the mini bar, wine hour, etc
- Room was clean and modern with nice decor reflective of the area such as binary curtain design.
- Location is nice for wine tasting/hiking in the nearby hills as well as close proximity to cuppertino for business travelers. And there is Philz coffee down the street!!
- Hotel felt very urban despite being in suburbia, but there are limited attractions in walking distance.

What could be better?
- Would like to see nicer bathrooms/showers in upgraded rooms similar to other cities. It's possible we have not gotten a proper upgrade yet since most rooms looked standard except for higher floors/views. Hopefully we get to try again.

In summary, another great Kimpton experience and we love the character of this property over other choices in the area of which we've tried mostly hilton properties downtown SJ and Mountain View, as well as Santa Clara.

• Stayed November 2013
mariastreeby, General Manager at Cypress Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
paletexan,
This review ROCKS! Thanks for sharing your experience! I am so happy that you had the opportunity to experience the Cypress. Our Grand Suites are the larger rooms with oversized bathrooms including a separate shower and spa style tub. The higher floors share the same view as the Mountain View upgrade you have been receiving. You can always ask about our availability for a further upgrade at check in…the small cost difference is definitely worth it. Thanks for seeking out Kimpton’s whenever possible. We hope you get to try us out again as well!
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I was visiting technology companies in the bay area so the location made a good central base. The room was basic, with CO Bigelow brand toiletries. The lighting in the bathroom for makeup was a 8 out of 10. Front desk service was good. Food provided during meetings was better than average hotel fare. Make sure to join the Kimpton Club as you will get free Wi-Fi and a voucher for a $10 mini bar credit.

justme2Georgia,
Thanks so much for the review of your experience. With your Kimpton InTouch membership, you can now use the $10 minibar credit at the hotel bar too. If you thought that the food in the meetings was better than average, just wait to try our awesome Park Place menu! Hope to see you again soon.
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

My review's based on a short business stay. We got in late, and was given a key to the wrong room. After trekking down to the lobby to get the correct key, the front desk guy made it sound like we went to the wrong room, even though the key packet he gave us clearly showed the room he wrote as the one we went to. Anyway, we were tired, so didn't make a big deal out of it.

Next morning, we get an early early knock on the door. It was some guy delivering shampoo and conditioner. Oops, wrong room -- he meant to go one floor up. Strike 2, in my book.

The third strike was at checkout, when the folio showed a restaurant charge. I explained that it was physically impossible for us to have incurred the charge since we hadn't even checked in yet. No apology from the front desk lady. She simply said she applied a credit, and gave the tone of "take it and be happy."

I don't stay at many Kimptons, and based on this experience, I don't see that changing.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
mariastreeby, General Manager at Cypress Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear DGNYC78,
We really did strike out during your visit. As I read your review I was in disbelief, I couldn’t believe it happened at this hotel. I am very sorry and would like to make this right. As our guest you deserve so much more.
Thank you.
Raymond, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

My experience with the Cypress began with a phone call to inform them that, because of flight delays, I would be very late in arriving and a request that they not give my room away. "Don't worry," replied the friendly voice at the end of the phone, "I will check you in now so that all you need to do is pick up the key when you arrive."
Well past midnight, I arrived at the Cypress and true to his word, he was waiting with key in hand. Fantastic! I was in my room in a matter of minutes.
The next morning, I had an early meeting and as I left the hotel, the gentleman at the front desk, who was at the tail-end of his shift, greeted me by name and asked me in the same cheery and welcoming voice how my relatively short sleep had been.
This is the essence of how I felt during my four-day stay at the Cypress - welcome, cared for, and treated as a valuable guest.
The hotel is in an excellent location near many of the major Silicon Valley powerhouses. The rooms are nicely appointed and very comfortable. The restaurant cuisine is top restaurant caliber and includes a very nice exterior patio. Good quality coffee and a myriad of national newspapers are available each morning.
In all, a very nice experience!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
mariastreeby, General Manager at Cypress Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Brian,
Thanks! This review gives me an ear to ear smile. “Welcome, cared for, and treated as a valuable guest”…I couldn’t ask for much more. Hiring the best people gets the best results. I am so happy that you got to experience what we are all about! We are all looking forward to taking great care of you again, no matter what time you arrive!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I've reviewed this place a couple of other times and given very favorable comments. If anything, on our last stay, it was even better!

I've mentioned in other reviews that the rooms are super-clean, large, and nicely decorated, and the staff is very accommodating and top-notch. But this time the staff went above and beyond.

I booked the room directly on the Cypress/Kimpton web site after being advised (via e-mail as a Kimpton In Touch member) of a great rate for the weekend (a weekend that we needed to be in the Silicon Valley anyway and needed accommodations). I booked a room for 3--my wife and I, and our teenage daughter--but the reservation that was assigned was for a room with one king bed rather than two beds--apparently this was all that was left at the discounted rate. No problem, we figured that the hotel could provide a rollaway bed, since we knew the room would big enough to accommodate that. A couple of days before arrival, I received the usual (I assumed automated) e-mail reminding me of the stay, with instructions to reply to the e-mail if I had any special requests. I did, and asked for a rollaway bed, explaining that we had been given a room with one bed rather than two. I received a personal reply from the hotel manager, telling me that he would be happy to do that, but if we preferred, he would upgrade me to a larger room with an extra bed for no upcharge. I thanked him and took him up on the offer. When we arrived, we were not just upgraded to a larger room, we were upgraded to a large (and very plush) suite, with a separate bedroom and large (spa-sized) Jacuzzi tub! For this we paid only about $100 a night, certainly much less than half the usual price for a nice suite like this. Wow!

There is much else to like about this hotel (like other Kimpton properties), including but not limited to:
--Pets are always allowed, at no additional charge (our dog stayed with us in the room on this stay)
--A nice fitness center on premises
--A free wine and appetizer hour every night in the sitting area next to the reception area
--Free Wi-Fi (for In Touch members)
--Free $10 credit for items from the minibar (again, for In Touch members)
--Free use of some cruiser bikes that can be checked out in the lobby
--Free parking garage

At this point, I never even bother looking at other places when I stay in the Silicon Valley. The Cypress is my go-to place, and I don't plan on every staying anywhere else in the area. Why would I?

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
mariastreeby, General Manager at Cypress Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
cyberluddite,
3 for 3!!! We encourage empowerment and consistency on a daily basis and when I read this, I know they both are being put to action. We love being your go-to place in the Silicon Valley and can’t wait to take care of you again. Thank you so much for staying with us again and for the GREAT review!
Maria

Been to Cypress Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!