“A short stop in LA” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Culver City
Boston, MA
“A short stop in LA”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I wanted to be close to downtown LA with free parking and ease of getting in/out and access to highways. This placed served that purpose. The front desk staff were very helpful & nice. The place looks dirty. It had stains all over chairs and the carpets. One day I saw the maids washing one of their cars using guest towels. Thank god I take my own towel. There are people smoking in the balconies in front of your room and you get to smell their smoke since the air intake of the air conditioning is right there. It included the continental breakfast which was sufficient for me. It felt like a truck stop. parking was ample and it is very convenient to get to places and the area is not as congested as the rest of LA. The price was OK (140/per night for 3 people) including the breakfast & parking. The Wi-Fi worked very well and my cell phone had ample coverage as well.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor and closer to the front and not the back of the inn.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

"The cleaning lady stole my ring and didn't turn it in."

May 21- morning
Cleaning lady asked if we wanted our room cleaned. We said "no because it's messy." There were personal items everywhere and frankly we didn't want anyone touching our stuff. That night we came back to a very clean room. Bed was made, there were fresh soap and towel. All our personal belongings were neatly stashed into one corner. We thought that was nice even tho we said no to cleaning it.

May 22- morning
We checked out at 10am. We didn't find problems yet everything ran smoothly... So we thought.
Noon- I noticed I wasn't wearing me ring. I remembered taking it off the night before and placing it on the table next to the bed. But I had no phone with me to call no wifi anywhere.
Midnight- finally got back to another hotel we checked in at after ramada. I called the front desk to ask about my missing ring. The lady was really rude about it "she told me it was too late and to call back tomorrow because it didn't turn up" and hung up on me.

So 1) the cleaninglady took it and kept it for herself
2) they don't vacuum their rooms well or clean them thoroughly......

Because if they did they should found it if it had fallen down the table.

• Stayed May 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed here for a week for business visit... $100 per night might be a bit over priced for the room conditions and cleanliness.

Rooms are just about decent.. well furnished but pretty old.. high time the carpets/chairs are replaced!!

I think by the 2nd or 3rd day, the toilet got clogged and a bit messy.. But the staff was extremely helpful .. Always available both on call and in person, they got it sorted out I guess. Never faced any other issues for the rest of my stay.

Pros - The hotel is centrally located in Culver City and public transportation to/from the hotel is pretty convenient for most attractions.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

The worst thing about this motel is the office phone did not work. I had reservations but due to a medical emergency we were going to arrive very late. I tried to call but got the recording that said the number was out of order. So did my husband and daughter. I called the central reservation desk and they could not get through so they gave me customer care....which was closed aahhhh. I called back and the person got a message to the front desk. When I told the front desk about our problem the woman only said I was not the only person to say that.
The room was clean as were the sheets and linens. The bathroom was clean and supplied with the typical supplies. The towels were small and thin. Speaking of thin...so are the walls. I could hear a child coughing all night. I could here people flushing the toilet, running water and walking around. The parking lot was also noisy.
A breakfast is served. It was fruit, pastry, muffins, bagels, cold and hot cereal, waffles and pancakes. There was juice, milk, coffee and tea. Overall this place was OK if you just need a bed and shower but it is not great.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

For $130 incl TAX you can find hotel's that offer you a clean room that has not been worn out. The Ramada offers you a old, worn out room, poor quality mattress, old carpet, old bathroom in need of new toilet, shower, tiles and ceiling with hair from the previous guest all over bathroom and room. I received a call at 1030 if I wanted to stay another night, if not I had to be out by 11.
I even had to ask for my print bill, something you never have to ask in any Comfort Inn. Not a friendly service and my 2nd bad experience with Ramada or better DRAMADA. Will not see me again at any Ramada, I prefer to drive extra 10 mile to find a Comfort Inn.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Ramada Culver City? Share your experiences!