“Pretty decent but a bit pricey” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn Bonus Pts
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Culver City
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Pretty decent but a bit pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed here for a week for business visit... $100 per night might be a bit over priced for the room conditions and cleanliness.

Rooms are just about decent.. well furnished but pretty old.. high time the carpets/chairs are replaced!!

I think by the 2nd or 3rd day, the toilet got clogged and a bit messy.. But the staff was extremely helpful .. Always available both on call and in person, they got it sorted out I guess. Never faced any other issues for the rest of my stay.

Pros - The hotel is centrally located in Culver City and public transportation to/from the hotel is pretty convenient for most attractions.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

The worst thing about this motel is the office phone did not work. I had reservations but due to a medical emergency we were going to arrive very late. I tried to call but got the recording that said the number was out of order. So did my husband and daughter. I called the central reservation desk and they could not get through so they gave me customer care....which was closed aahhhh. I called back and the person got a message to the front desk. When I told the front desk about our problem the woman only said I was not the only person to say that.
The room was clean as were the sheets and linens. The bathroom was clean and supplied with the typical supplies. The towels were small and thin. Speaking of thin...so are the walls. I could hear a child coughing all night. I could here people flushing the toilet, running water and walking around. The parking lot was also noisy.
A breakfast is served. It was fruit, pastry, muffins, bagels, cold and hot cereal, waffles and pancakes. There was juice, milk, coffee and tea. Overall this place was OK if you just need a bed and shower but it is not great.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

For $130 incl TAX you can find hotel's that offer you a clean room that has not been worn out. The Ramada offers you a old, worn out room, poor quality mattress, old carpet, old bathroom in need of new toilet, shower, tiles and ceiling with hair from the previous guest all over bathroom and room. I received a call at 1030 if I wanted to stay another night, if not I had to be out by 11.
I even had to ask for my print bill, something you never have to ask in any Comfort Inn. Not a friendly service and my 2nd bad experience with Ramada or better DRAMADA. Will not see me again at any Ramada, I prefer to drive extra 10 mile to find a Comfort Inn.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Nice, not new, but nice hotel with free parking. That was the most cheapest deal for my dates, so I wasn't expecting too much comfort. The hotel situated on the way, but there is no noise. In surrounding there are some Chinese restaurants with cheap, but tasty food

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

As a frequent customer here, I have stayed in a variety of rooms. I find them comfortable, attractive, bright, and adequately equipped. The night staff have been uniformly personable and accommodating in resolving reservation and housekeeping requests - kudos to Helen, Monica, and Corina, who have each gone out of their way at dreary hours to contribute to the positive experience.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi rooms are a worthwhile upgrade, though the noise and vibration from a neighbor's Jacuzzi...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Me and my family stayed here for one night as we were stuck in LA as we missed our flight to Bangkok because our flight from New York was delayed. We checked in at 4AM and were given room 103. The room and the bathroom were cleaner and better maintained that most drive-in motels and the beds were very comfortable. Very helpful staff at check-in! (continue reading to find out why)

Later that night I realised that I had forgotten my laptop in the back of the taxi that had dropped us off at the Ramada, and the next morning we informed the receptionist and asked whether she could access the security camera outside, she responded that she didn't know and we would have to ask the manager, who would be coming in at 3PM. We left for the airport and throughout the day we were sent back between Taxi ranks, LAPD and Airport Police to find any information/footage on this taxi, but no one seem to know anything. At 3PM we called the hotel to ask the manager if he had footage of the taxi from last night, one hour later he sent us an email with photos of the said taxi, the picture was blurry but he was able to identify the taxi number, we tracked down the taxi and in the end I git my laptop back. Will definitely use the Ramada if I ever visit LA.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Idaho Falls, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Let me start off by saying I LOVE THE RAMADA! Every time i travel to my visit my family i stay there. The morning staff is great but a young lady from grave yard shift was very rude! I believe her name was Helen. Let me say this young lady was very uneducated had lack of respect and was very rude again I repeat. I came in and told her I had a reservation and very quickly and rude replied "no you don't!" Her energy was horrible like if she hated working there. I really think I am done going to The Ramada if she will be working there with that bad vibe! I called to talk to the manager and complain but he was not there. But besides that I never really had a problem staying there its very clean they even have their own gym and free breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
The Culver Hotel
The Culver Hotel
#1 of 8 in Culver City
4.5 of 5 stars 180 reviews

Been to Ramada Culver City? Share your experiences!