“Stylish, comfortable, great area” 5 of 5 stars

You added The Culver Hotel to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9400 Culver Blvd, Culver City, CA 90232   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Culver City
Alexandria, Virginia
“Stylish, comfortable, great area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at The Culver Hotel. The funky lobby was fun and felt very vintage LA. The continental breakfast buffet was good and I enjoyed eating among the ambiance of blue velvet chairs the color of peacock feathers. Later I found out you can also order omelets and such. It was too chilly to sit on the terrace but I noticed in the evening it was quite full with heaters in place.

The room was very nice. Be warned that the old style free standing tubs were fantastic for a soaking bath, but crazy for taking a shower. The water controls were confusing and the shower curtain hard to maneuver. I'm not a big person, but in could barely turn around without messing with the curtain. But for me, it was easy to forgive because the place is so cool.

Lots of fun restaurants in easy walking distance. It wasn't too big of a pain to drive a block to park the car in a $8 municipal lot. Much better than those hotels with $25 overnight fees.

All in all, I loved the Culver and will be back.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

** If this review was helpful - please click the helpful button at the bottom of the page to give me motivation to keep reviewing the places I like around the world! Thanks**

We just had our company Holiday party here. Classic bar downstairs - warm and cozy and nicely decorated for the holiday season. The Gem is the bar upstairs. It's beautiful, Art Deco style and makes you feel like you went back in time. I'd stop for a drink here if you are visiting Culver City for sure!

- It can get busy on the weekends
- I didn't stay in the rooms, this review is for the bar downstairs and upstairs.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

While I've yet to stay in a room, I've been to an inordinate amount of parties here. Everything from holiday parties to birthday parties. I looked into holding my wedding here too. While the staff was very communicative, it was just a bit out of my budget. Every time I've been here, the food, drinks and music have been awesome and its been an amazing evening. The decor of the upstairs bar is very cool. In the downstairs there is a comfortable piano lounge. And they have a cute patio with one of the best food and wine happy hour deals around.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Cool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I would give this three and a half stars, but you can't give half stars so I rounded up to four to be fair...

This is part of a continuing series of my impressions and experiences staying at various hotels and resorts while traveling to attend concerts worldwide. This stay was during my recent trip to Los Angeles in September 2014. This review is for The Culver Hotel in Culver City.

Property: The Culver Hotel
Location: Culver City, California
Address: 9400 Culver Blvd., Culver City, CA 90232
Phone: (310) 558-9400
Website: www.culverhotel.com
Room Type/Class: Room 33
Date: September 21 - September 24, 2014
Booking Source: Direct
Overall Rating: 3.5/5 [Note: Score is totally subjective based on price, location, and comparison to "like" properties within same area and price range]

This was my first stay at this hotel, though I used to live quite near the area in the mid to late '90s. This is a historic hotel with old Los Angeles charm.

I arrived quite late at night, and was not prepared to know where to park on site, and ended up missing the spot along front where you can park temporarily and check in; given the layout of the roads in the area, you might find it challenging (and time consuming) to make your way back around if you miss it. During the day, I found traffic to be heavy every day, so plan and time things accordingly.

There is a valet, but they were gone when I checked in, so they had me leave the keys with them. There is a parking lot for pay for use nearby (a supermarket), but I encountered so much traffic in the area I elected to use valet service (also for pay). All in all, I found having a rental car for this hotel was not optimal nor convenient - even using valet, they encounter the same heavy traffic bringing your car around, so even calling ahead there is a wait. Had I business in the area again I would probably elect to stay in Marina del Rey or another nearby community with self-park and less traffic.

The room itself was nice, but I would characterize it as more European-like than contemporary/modern, with amenities that reflect that. The bed takes up a lot of the room, though there is a desk as well (though not comfortable if you plan to do any serious amount of work on a laptop).

I did not have time to check out the included breakfast or other dining options (though it looked nice!). The rate included complimentary WiFi, which worked well.

Overall, it was a nice enough stay, but there was no stand out feature or amenity that I found spectacular - it just does everything okay.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Westfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I recently stayed at the beautiful gem of a hotel in Culver City and can't say enough about it. The Art Deco is throughout the rooms and lobby. The breakfast in the morning is sensational. One morning we sat by the indoor fireplace and the second morning we sat outside at the farm tables. It was luxurious in every way. My favorite staff was Noe who always made a point to greet us. The hotel is in the city center of so many great restaurants in Culver City. If you're feeling really ambitious take a walk to Baldwin Hills and walk up the steps to see the skyline of Los Angeles. A real treat.

• Stayed November 2014
Seth H, General Manager at The Culver Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
You are a GEM, thank you.
Noe is one of those employees who makes it such a pleasure to come to work. Thank you for recognizing him.
See you again, soon.

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here on a recent visit to LA as I have been watching Culver City change and grew over the years...what a nice surprise. The hotel is lovely,and a meeting place for the younger crowd amidst all the other resturants and businesses in the area.We have a very nice room,and very comfy.If you are over looking the movies theater it gets loud at night so make sure your fan is on or don't stay on that side.

Room Tip: It can be noisy at night wjhen crowded outside so be aware...use the fan or ask which side would be...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Great review, simply and succinct.
It is amazing just what has happened to Culver City. It is now the GEM of the Westside. Major companies are relocating here. Great restaurants and bars. And above all, the Historic Culver Hotel, a true destination.

Sorry about the disturbances, we are surrounded by wonderful activity. Next time we will put you up on the 6th floor.

See you soon.

The Culver Hotel.
Golden Lake, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014

I loved my stay in this unique hotel. I had a corner suite and loved feeling a part of a bygone era staying in this delightful room. The bed was extremely comfy and we had the pleasure of enjoying a nice flat screen tv. The bathroom was beautifully appointed with marble and mirror touches. Overall a most charming venue and I would love to return soon.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
and you are very welcome to come back, the sooner the better.

The Culver Hotel

Been to The Culver Hotel? Share your experiences!