“Reasonable place to stay when on business...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Culver City
Boston, MA
“Reasonable place to stay when on business...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stay at the Courtyard on a regular basis. It is a nice business hotel, that has a little restaurant (good for breakfast, or a late arriving dinner), a reasonable bar (several TV's, tables, chairs and a bar), a pool (on the small side, but nice) and a workout room with a couple elliptical trainers, treadmill and some free weights (mainly dumbells). The staff here are very nice, and the bartenders are always welcoming. There is not much to do around there, but you can walk over to the mall, or to the CVS in the stripmall next to the hotel. Of the hotels in the area, I find this one the most comfortable for the business traveler, and prefer to stay there over the rest. I have never had any problems with kids or noise, and they have free WiFi as well.

Room Tip: i prefer the high floors, facing away from the highway (onto the back parking lot).
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
jccuevas, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Westside, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you very much for such positve comments. My staff and I strive to do our best and give you the most comfortable stay and memorable experience. We look forward to having you as a returned guest in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Indonesian first
Park City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We had events at UCLA and in the Hermosa Beach area. This location worked really well and is the Marriott Courtyard brand you expect. It is a little cumbersome getting in and out to find the freeway with lots of stop lights and speed bumps, but once you get the hang of it, it is easy to time your trips with when traffic is heaviest. The hotel is clean and up to date and the staff is friendly and helpful. Parking is $12 a day and gated so be prepared for that. Both nights we were there, the night staff seemed a little overwhelmed with a lot going on but other than getting what we needed to the room taking longer than we would have liked, it was fine. Lot's of places within walking distance including a shopping mall. I would stay here again

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor facing the freeway. Seemed quiet enough from outside noise. If you are stay...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying at our hotel. It always our pleasure and delight to serve you. I am sorry for the delay on your requests. As we strive to make our hotel better, we will take your input into considaration. I Thank you again for your response and look forward to having you stay with us in the future.
Cambridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is a standard Courtyard by Marriott. Close to Loyola Marymount College it works for that. Do not come without a car, however. Only a mall is really within walking distance. The hotel does not serve lunch, although both the breakfast and dinner were reasonable and decent for this kind of hotel food. The room is large and everything was clean. The service people were very helpful and accommodating. It is also pretty noisy because it faces the freeway. However, it only takes 10 minutes to get to LAX.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
jccuevas, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Westside, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
We appreciate the positive feedback. I like to thank you for noticing and appriciating how helpful and accommodating my staff is. It is our ultimate delight and pleasure to be at your service.
Ashland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is an excellent choice for a hotel if you're staying in West LA. Convenient location with good freeway access. Close to LAX (but not too close). Large facility but maintained well and super friendly staff. Everyone has a smile for you. Nice open lobby and dining area. Excellent complimentary coffee and cookies. Easy parking at a reasonable price (for LA). Nice clean rooms and hallways. Only one minor suggestion: They should offer a few more a la carte choices on their breakfast menu besides the breakfast buffet (which is very good).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for such positve comments. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know how much you liked our cookies and coffee. My staff and I strive to do our best and give you the most comfortable stay and memorable experience.
Bay Area, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

If you need to stay on the Westside, this is a good option. Its not downtown, not Hollywood, not Santa Monica - but you have access to all of those locations pretty easily (if you can deal with the 405).

It appears to be a larger Courtyard - 12-14 floors or so. The rooms appear updated. When I arrived at around 2am, I got into the room and they apparently gave me a room that was not cleaned - kinda weird walking in on a messy room, as it felt as though someone was still there. They gave me a new room and threw in some breakfast vouchers.

This is the first Courtyard I've been to that had valet parking - although there's sufficient self parking. It's kinda dark in the back of the hotel though.

Staff was friendly and took care of things quickly.

I'd stay here again if I need to be in this area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I thank you for your positive comments. My apologies for the inconvenience you experianced upon your arrival but I am happy to hear that my staff took care of you promptly. Its always our delight and pleasure to serve you.
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed here for two nights on business travel. The hotel was nice. Nice rooms and very comfortable beds. Definitely an upgraded hotel. Plenty of amenities in the room including lots of soft towels. Looking forward to staying here upon return to Culver City.

There were a few negatives including $12 for parking. The walls of the rooms are thin and I heard my neighbors' conversations and televisions.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us we look forward to having you as a returned guest in the future. I would like to apologies for the thin walls but the next time you come back I will make sure you get a room in a different location to make your stay more comfortable and pleasurable.
Plainfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Great place to stay that is by LA, but not in the hustle and busell of the city. Great food in the area. Updated room, great views. Try and get a room on the back side otherwise the highway is a bit lound.

Try Dinahs for some of the best fried chicken around

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side away from the freeway
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
I thank you for taking the time and giving us your feedback. We like to know what our guest think and feel about our hotel.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Westside? Share your experiences!