“Perfect spot to stay with everything closeby” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Culver City
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Perfect spot to stay with everything closeby”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Visited for business as my office is a 5 minute walk; And when you dont have a car lots of needed things are around. Like a big mall with lots of restaurants. When you do have a car everything interesting is only 15 min away, like Venice beach, Marina Del Rey, Beverly hills, etc.
The hotel staff is very friendly, accurate and sharp; The rooms clean, pretty big and have all you need; Breakfast is good, all fresh and of good quality.

So yes when you need to stay in a convinent hotel, this is a good one.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
jccuevas, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Westside, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
On behalf of my team I thank you for your comments. It always our pleasure and delight to serve you. We strive to give you the outmost unique service and memorable experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Indonesian first
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We had a great visit to the Hotel. It was less than 10 miles from anywhere in the Hollywood/LA area we wanted to see. And it was only about 2.8 miles from the airport. Perfect spot for our last two nights. Nice clean room in a quiet business area so it was less busy on the weekend. We loved the hotel and the staff was really nice!~

Room Tip: It was a great hotel with a SUPER location for LA adventures. Nice and quiet on the weekend we were...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
jccuevas, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Westside, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us while you were in Los Angeles. We appreciate your comments and hope that if you are to visit LA again, you will come and stay with us. Thank you again!
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We had a Priceline "name your own price" deal for our stay at this hotel. We had to move our stay back several days, and with the assistance of a Priceline manager and the helpful Courtyard staff we were able to do so.

The room itself was OK, a decent value for what we paid I suppose. My main issue was with the bedding. It was very thin, so I was cold all night despite adjusting the A.C. There was no extra blanket available. We pulled out the sofabed late at night but were unable to use it because it was just a bare mattress.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us while you were in Los Angeles. We appreciate your comments and strive to make your future stays with us better. We like to hear comments about our service and hotel, to help make us better. Also, for future reference, at any hotel you stay at, you are more than welcome to ask for anything you made need to make you feel comfortable. We have told housekeeping about your comment regarding the bedding and we are working to make it better in the future. Thank you again!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and helpful. We left the room late one day and it didnt get cleaned but one call to the front desk and we had fresh towels in less than 5 minutes. The last day we had an unwelcomed roach crawling on the door.
Free validated parking.

• Stayed August 2012
Juan C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Westside, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. It is our pleasure and delight to serve you. We appreciate your comments.
Riverside
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for business the week of August 5th through the 9th, the hotel was prepaid by my employer (Riverside County), however, when I checked in I was instructed to leave a credit card for incidentials. The following day I checked my bank balance and discovered the hotel had charged my credit card for the hotel and incidentials $590.00. When i questioned them aobut this I was told I should have only been charged $80.00 for incidentials and that it would be reversed that day, however the following day I did receive a credit for $500.00, with little or no explanation. Then the next day I was again charged $30.00 for an unknown amount and when I questioned the new charge was told it would be for the parking of two vehicles assigned to my room. I explained to them I would be paying cash for parking the day prior to checking out and to please reverse the charges. The Wednesdaty prior to leaving I infact paid cash for the two vehicles and was assured there would be no additional charges on my credit card. However, again prior to cheching out there was yet another charge for $24.00, unknown for what and it was eventually reversed. It shoud be noted when I questioned them about the original charge I spoke with the front desk clerk whom as to see my credit card again and copied down my account number and for unknown reasons also copies the three digit security code from the back and told me it would be necessary for her to reverse the charge (?), then two days after checking out of the hotel and returning to work I was notified by my bank that unknown suspect(s) had used my credit card for charges in the city of Torrance. Unknown if anyone from the hotel is responsible for these charges but it is interesting after checking out of the hotel there were additional charges and then two additional charges elsewhere in the community. In short I would have to say my stay at this hotel was less than enjoyable and I have no plans of every returning to this location and/or any other Marriott hotels. In closing while continuing to attempt to get this matter resolved i have gotten little to no help from the hotel, it just, "I'm so sorry." pathetic, worst experince ever at any hotel

Room Tip: Dont stay at this hotel, try anyone else in the area
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
I am surprised to read such comments my apologies for causing you such an inconvienence. I recall speaking to you myself personally. I remember explaining to you in detail the charges and credits on your card. We resolved these issue through Marriott Customer Care. You were not a victim of Identity theft but part of a human error and training issue.
Rockville Centre, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

A major plus was the staff, they were extremely helpful and nice. Whether it was providing us info on local spots or simply giving us a few bananas before our workout, thanks Stephanie, they were great. We also had a pleasant sleep. Saw that some people complained about the freeway noise, we stayed facing the freeway and honestly didn't hear a thing. Would recommend to anyone, one of the best courtyards I have ever stayed at!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Independence, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed here one night in July 2012 because our son was in the hospital. The outside looks nice and the lobby is very updated.
The front desk was extremely helpful and quick.
The bartender was just wonderful and helpful. It was late (11:00 pm) and we were talking about ordering a pizza to be delivered to the hotel. The bartender heard us talking and let us know that they served great pizza. We ordered two 12" pizzas and they were WONDERFUL. Better than anything we've had in Culver City. We would visit the hotel again just to eat the pizza.
The breakfast was very good too, but overpriced. Parking was overpriced too at $12.00 per night.
Rooms are nice, but not great. Bed was comfortable.
Overall it was a very nice stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us while you were in Los Angeles. We appreciate your comments and hope that if you are to visit LA again, you will come and stay with us. I agree with you about our pizza. It is so good!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Westside? Share your experiences!