“Worst” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
la
“Worst”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Avoid this place, horrible service, average food, bill was wrong
I often don't give no tip, but this place deserves it. 45 min for the food, missed the salad and put it on my bill. Messed the food, tried to give me someone else's dinner.... And the restaurant was less than half full.
Go to Alejos if you want good Italian. They have zero ambiance but the food will more than make up for it...

culver city, CA
“Rip off city”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I just noticed that in a review of this restaurant, someone mentioned being ripped off. I used to frequent this place years ago and stopped because I noticed that my bill was always wrong and always in the favor of the restaurant. I see nothing has changed years later.

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Santa Monica, CA
“They tried”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Good bottle of Pinot Grigio.......Wines are relatively expensive. Meal using a certificate was a good value. Servers were very pleasant. Rolls poor, salads average, Chicken Milanaise and Pizza were not great. Spumoni and cheese cake were sub par. Two good musicians played during dinner, but it was difficult to converse. Atmosphere convivial.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
“Ok, tried to rip us off”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Tried to add 3 additional drinks to our bill, however, it was addressed immediately once we pointed out theor "error". Food was Ok. Pizza was huge, easily sufficient for 2 people.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
La Verne, California
“Also named "Polentoni" Hard to find but totally worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

The challenge in finding the restaurant is largely because there's another name connected to the restaurant - "Polentoni". My husband actually walked into the restaurant to ask if they knew where Roberto's restaurant was. Imagine his surprise when hearing the answer: "I'm Roberto! Welcome to my restaurant!" That's right, we were greeted at the door by the owner/chef! And the night just kept getting better!
Our first surprise came with the wine selection, which is mostly Italian wines, which we're not that familiar with. We asked our waiter for a recommendation and it was fabulous! Cost- $30 for the bottle which is not that expensive. The wine was great! We ordered another bottle, which was equally delectable! Turns out, our waiter, Roberto's son, is a wine importer (www.theitalianwinetrader.com).
On to the food. Where do I begin? We had a hot appetizer of Spinach with Lemon which was out of this world! Cooked perfectly, fresh & delicious. Our main courses were great too. My dish was my least favorite but I substitued one pasta for another and I think that changed the dish for the worse. The 3 other dishes were really good - each on different & unique. I don't remember what they were though :(
I will say - don't be in a hurry when going. It's a family run restaurant. The night we were there, the owners family/friends were also there having a meal. That was a great feeling- to dine with them like that. Take your time & enjoy the experience! Mangia!

• Visited August 2011