“worst steakhouse ever” 1 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Los Angeles, California
“worst steakhouse ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

The only good thing I can say about my visit is the service besides that the meat was pedestrian in quality I highly doubt that it was even USDA prime. I would compare the quality to Norms (where for 10.00 you could get the same if not better quality, definitely when it comes to sides). I did ask for the George Extra Large Porterhouse it was tough, tasted old had no flavor , was not properly cooked half the steak was burnt the other was raw, the dinner rolls were stale the Cup of beef soup was flavorless and watered down, the salad was a pathetic excuse for one with some bits of wilted lettuce. The two sides that came with the steak were a baked potato which was tiny and came with too much sour cream and 3 shreds of cheddar cheese. The French fries were obviously frozen they tasted of stale old oil. The overall decor was old and tacky, and the walls and booth were dirty and greasy. Finally the beer was not cold enough and semi flat from the get go. For the 80.00 I dropped I would highly recommend going to Fogo De Chao in Beverly hills on La Cienega, their the service is better, clean warm environment, the meat is of the finest top quality cooked by professionals. The sides are mouthwatering and their drinks are perfect.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles
“Epic Burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2008

I have been going here since, before they even moved to this location... The burger with grilled onions (think it's extra buck or so but sooo worth it) is just so wonderful I don't think I have ordered anything else in quite a while. And it is one of the lower priced items on the menu... There is also a full bar... (which is also why I love this place and why I am taking some old coworkers who work close there for lunch soon)

I can see someone not likening the old school Italian style decor or service from well seasoned take no guff old school waitresses (but thats the freaking charm of the place) The train that runs round the bar on the hour making noise I can also see possibly ruining some romantic moment if ill timed.

But the guy complaining about the meat is either a crank, caught the cook in a rare (no pun intended) mishap or perhaps far more likely asked for his steak to be well done because anything cooked over medium rare with the beef here is a travesty. They pride themselves on their meat so much so they are willing to give more than a bit of attitude to non steak lovers; for instance, the waitress looked shocked and appalled even shook her head at my sister for ordering hers well done. (Customer might always be right but I hang my head in shame knowing that the person most like me in this world has the constant preference to do such a horrible thing to such good cow)

Orange County, CA
“Great Steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2008

This is a family owned restaurant that has been around for 2 generations. The owners are wonderful people and the food is excellent - a great value. I look forward to visiting there whenever I am in the Culver City area

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I was sooo disappointed...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2008

I was sooo disappointed. For those that know my home town area, I was hoping for a tenderloin style place when I went in. Very similar in decor...but not in quality. I ordered a Rib-eye, probably the steak I am most familiar with...It was bad. Over cooked and no flavor. Not really sure how this place is still in business since 1931. I would have been much better off going to Costco and cooking the steak myself.

Los Angeles
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2007

The steak was fairly good, but the rest of the meal was a disappointment. Canned vegetables, limp salad, slow service. I would not recommend this place.