“A hidden BBQ gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Barbecue, Hamburgers
Los Angeles, California
“A hidden BBQ gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

JR's, is a hidden BBq joint on the border of C.C./L.A. But they have amazing BBq and the owner is truly someone who understands the meaning of service. Too many places in L.A. of lost that. Plus, the cobblers (southern desserts) are sinful!

Visited December 2012

Bordeaux, France
“Adam was wrong”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

So I happen to do business in this area, but had never stopped to lunch, my mistake. When I saw the Adam Richman's series on the best sandwich, I had to stop. So the other day, found me in Culver City. The parking is limited but make the effort. The first thing one encounters is the wonderful smell of barb-b-que. Then the happy faces of all the diners. I went for a simple pulled pork sandwich with cole slaw, Medium hot sauce. The Best. Now I have dined on barb-b-que in Dallas, Chicago, KC, and several great places in the Carolina's. This place is right there at the top, The menu is very extensive, well priced and a great value. I will return and use this as a great business lunch spot. Established in 1998, I am surprised I have not stopped here previously, again my mistake, but this will not happen any more. Could be a regular spot when in Culver City. Secret to the taste, a mix of rub, ( only the family knows, and then three kinds of wood, mesquite, white oak and pecan) Do not miss if you have the chance.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Friendly Greeting From Rosie Set The Tone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

A restaurant owner or manager could learn something from Rosie. We walked into this little dive in Culver City and we were greeted with a happy smile and a welcoming 'Hello'. When Rosie
came to the table she introduced herself and even asked for our names. Rosie is a gem that restaurants worldwide could learn some lessons.
The colors are black and white. One room has tables while the front room has a huge counter that looks fun for singles and couples looking for a gregarious experience. I'm sure a lot of good stories get shared at the counter.
The black and white theme is carried through on the placemats that also serve as menus.
My daughter said that it feels like your eating in the kitchen right when it's prepared.
The chicken sandwiches were well done.
I had the chicken dinner which came with 2 sides. The beans were amazing. The coleslaw was nice and dry with plenty of flavor.
The spicy BBQ sauce was my choice and it was hot as a smoldering fire. I sampled the mild and the flavor delineation was modest.
Mac & Cheese was home made. I liked my taste.
The French fries were tasty wedges. They were delicious! I could have devoured an entire order.
Plug into your GPS and it is easy to find.

Culver City, California
“Good food, Good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

It's a small, intimate place that always smells fabulous- I drive by there several times a week and salivate each time. Good, smoky BBQ sauce, nice selection of meats, friendly owners. Difficult to get to if you're going the wrong way on the street, but good parking when you get there.

Visited June 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great BBQ of the sweeter...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2008

Great BBQ of the sweeter (i.e., not smokey or spicy) variety -- try the beef links. It's worth the heart attack.