“Meh” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #61 of 264 Restaurants in Culver City
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: 6 locations in Southern California. This location in Culver City-tel 310-815-8776
Los Angeles, California
“Meh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I really wanted to give this place a 4- or 5- star rating, I really did. But apparently I have impossibly high standards, a bar set high by all the other ramen joints I frequent.

Alas, it wasn't in the cards. Its a decent place, and I'd stop by on a late evening rather than drive to Gardena or DTLA, but Santouka is just down the street and is better.

I ordered the kotteri combo with karaage chicken. The broth wasn't as flavorful as I was hoping, and the garlic oil was vestigial... completely lost with richness and thickness of the broth. I really like my noodles "al dente" or "hard" but with no options they were softer than I preferred.

The karaage chicken was pretty good though, I would get it again (but will have to try the tasty-looking gyoza next).

For $14 spent, it was full and satisfied, but it didn't blow me away.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Best ramen in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Small but cozy.their ramen is so good . There price. Is reasonable. The only thing is that they don't have free parking

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere