“Very nice and interesting pizza” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bella Vista Pizza Corp is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 264 Restaurants in Culver City
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Westwood Blvd
Description: Bella Vista is a Brazilian style pizzeria. There are over 30 flavor of pizza, served a la carte or All You Can Eat. Servers come to you with "fresh from the oven sliced pizzas". Open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner, with three dining areas available. All cards accepted.
Los Angeles
“Very nice and interesting pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Bella Vista has two options during their lunch hour: a la carte or all you can eat, known as "rodizio" in Brazil. Did I mention that Bella Vista is in an area of Culver City known affectionately as the Brazilian Mall? Their pizza is thin, yummy,and many flavors are available. The restaurant is cheap, clean, and friendly. The all you can eat will, if had for lunch ($9.99), made dinner an unnecessary choice that evening. And then there are the dessert pizzas: cinnamon with banana, guava and cheese, and strawberries and chocolate. It well deserves its "A" rating from the city and is an unusually pleasant experience. Besides, the pizza is just great.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles
“Too cheap to honor their own promotion.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

If you are browsing quickly, this review is about service, and not the food, which I have yet to try.

I went to Bella Vista on Wednesday, November 16. This was my first time here, and I had been looking forward to it. Earlier in the year I had purchased an LA Deals promotion (similar to Groupon) which cost me $10 for $20 of food. Because of work, I was unable to use the deal before it expired at the end of October. Now, keep in mind, no matter what it says on the certificate, purchased gift certificates never expire in California--that's the law. In this case, the restaurant was already paid in the spring for their share of the LA Deals promotion. And with the promotion, even if the restaurant wanted to be picky and not honor the deal because of the expiration, they still are required by law to give me the gift certificate value. In other words, they could refuse to give me the $20 deal for the $10 price I paid, but they are required by law to give me at least the $10 credit for my meal.

Unfortunately, the manager (possibly owner, I don't know) who seated us that evening would have none of this. He refused to honor the certificate, and did his best to blame LA Deals, making it sound like they would penalize him or something if he honored the promotion. He even initially denied that Bella Vista had been paid for its share of the promotion, though he later acknowledged this. There was nothing rude about the encounter, and no one raised voices or made a scene. But after it was clear that he would neither honor my very recently expired deal for $20, nor give me the $10 credit I am legally entitled to receive, my companion and I decided to leave rather than patronize Bella Vista. That's a pity, as the food looked interesting, and as someone who lives nearby, I potentially could have become a regular customer.

Visited November 2011