“Would not go back” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Bangkok
“Would not go back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

My friend told me she had read some really great reviews and Pho Show was highly recommended somewhere or via some google search.

True enough there was a line waiting when we got there for lunch one day. Took a good 20 minutes to get a table only to find that there were many empty tables inside which was just slow in clearing. First thought that came to mind was "huh, what the heck???!!".

Our appetiser, the calamari, was good. Very good in fact. But maybe we ordered the wrong Pho because it was awfully tasteless. My friend ordered mixed seafood and I ordered chicken. I think it was missing all the lovely fresh herbs and usual fresh veggies that come with them (as they do at other Pho places). The soup was bland. Everything was bland and tasteless. It felt like the rice noodles were just thrown into a bowl of hot water. Despite trying to fix the taste with all the sauces and chilli paste etc etc .... it was fruitless.

A real disappointment.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Vietnamese craze”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Culver City neighborhood is an upcoming restaurant row! Everywhere you look new restaurants are popping up, some very trendy and pricy. Many cater to Sony Studio crowd, especially for lunch.
Tried Pho Show, after it was featured in LA Times Saturday Food Section.
We had Pho noodle and their chicken wings for lunch, it did not meet our expectation. 7 pieces of tasteless chicken wings for $8? Pho noodle was average bland broth and tons of vegetable, but absent usual fresh herbs? Pho I am used to is accompanied by fresh plate of herbs. Chicken wings missing good marinade, so bland with sprinkle of green onions which was put on as garnish. I suppose we have to look southward to Little Saigon for Vietnam food. Will not return.

Visited June 2014
“Pho Show is for sure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Very good pho! I had the basic, no bells and whistles but very tasty. My hubby had the chicken pho which seemed to be a waste of pho. Pho in my humble opinion should be with the beef, tripe and all the yummy stuff. Oh well, he's trying to eat healthier. Next time, I want to try their other dishes. Music kinda loud for my taste but they did pour a healthy glass of wine.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Not a Place For Vegetarians”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Tried this highly recommended Vietnamese Restaurant. After reviewing the extensive menu, my family settled on soup with fish and a few tofu dishes. At that point we were informed that all the broth they use is a beef broth! Horror!!!! we do not eat any meat!!! Waitress, who was really nice told us they would make us a vegie broth. Well the food took a while to come. The tofu and vegies was cold! The soup was hot but utterly tasteless. We were told that the beef broth adds all the flavor to the soup.
WARNING! If you are a vegetarian.....stay away from this place!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Marina del Rey, California
“Phantastic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The best Pho around. Absolutely delicious. Also try their calamari! Equally delicious. Friendly service. One of my favorite hidden gems.

Visited October 2013