“Friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Oceanside, California
“Friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I would score this restaurant first on friendliness, second on food, third on ambience. The ambience is that of a greasy spoon diner. It is small with only five booths and four tables in a dining room about 20x20 feet, and the entryway takes up about 5x6 of that. The food was good. It wasn't spectacular, but we were not looking for spectacular. However, the friendliness of the staff was what made the difference. Very friendly, attentive, and easy to engage in conversation. We would probably go again when we return.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Pomona, California
“Crestline Cafe for Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We tried four different delicious sandwiches with soup or salad. Very good food and excellent friendly waitresses. However, this adorable Cafe is very tiny (only 8 or 10 booths/tables and a counter) so if you come at the lunch hour, there will be a wait. Also, there is a very steep staircase to the restrooms.

Visited July 2013
San Luis Obispo, CA
“One of the Best Breakfasts Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My hubby and I love going out for breakfast...the comfort food and the less expensive meal of the day!
While in the Arrowhead Lake area from some rest and relaxation, we chose Crestline Cafe as one of the three stops we made for breakfast. This one was our favorite.
It's a small place - 5 large booths and 4 tables, plus a few seats at the counter. And it's very friendly with lots of familiar greetings exchanged between regular customers and the staff.
The service was great, and the food was some of the best breakfast we've had.
I had the French toast which was thick and soft with a nice pop of cinnamon. And they have really good decaf! The scrambled eggs were the way I like them: still a little soft instead of really brown. This was the first place where I was asked how I like my bacon: crispy or soft.
My husband must have been starving! He got the Country Eggs Benedict - with the gravy, cheddar cheese on biscuits. This was right up his alley. He pretty much ate the whole huge plate of food!
The restrooms are down some very worn stairs in a building that's been around for awhile.
Next time we're in the area, we'll be back!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We recently had lunch at this quaint little cafe. The food and service were outstanding. The prices are reasonable and they have free wifi. If I am in the area again I will definitely come again.

Visited June 2013
Palm Springs, California
“Nice surprize!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We drove around Lake Greggory and Crestline trying to find something other than a sports bar or pizza. In between the little shops of Crestline was Crestline Café, very small an unassuming, we decided to give it a try. When we walked in it looked like any small town place. The waitress was friendly and told us to find a place to sit. My father ordered the Prime Rib and I ordered Chicken Souvlaki. It came with Soup or Salad. I ordered the soup. When it came out I knew I should of stopped at the soup. Homemade vegetable, unbelievably delicious healthy like my mom use to make with the most incredible sour dough bread that had craters to absorb the butter like the moon. The Prime rib came out, it looked as big as the cow itself. Two bites and nearly full. The waitress came over and asked us our opinion on how to make their little place better and sat to talk to us for a bit. It was nice and friendly, not to mention the food was a nice surprise.

• Visited June 2013