“Not worth the money!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Covina
Covina
“Not worth the money!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

very run down rooms were out of date and carpet was stained and filthy, if your gonna charge around 100$ a night for a hotel room you might want to fix it up a BUNCH!!! I thought hotel was way overpriced for what they are giving you and we wont stay there again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Abdul E, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Covina, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Barry S,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered during you stay at the hotel. All of our reviews are evaluated by management, and your review is no exception. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. Currently we are going thru major renovation. I am hopping for your next visit will notice the difference.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Mililani, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed there with a group. We had 5 people in our room...which was nice, clean and spacious. And I think that's the only good thing I can say about this hotel.

The maids apparently do not carry a room register with them for their daily maid service. Each day we received only 3 sets of towels. And each day we had to go to the front desk or chase down a maid to get more towels. One day I went up to the 3rd floor to ask a maid for some wash towels. As I stood there she asked me my room number and wrote it down. Then she looked up at me with a bothered look and said she'll bring it down to our room on the 1st floor.....she never did!

The thermostat in our room would only go down to 71 degrees...which most nights I would up in a sweat!

Some of our guests were stuck in the elevator. They pressed the alarm which could not be heard by the front desk. The phone compartment inside the elevator had no phone! Lucky to have people passing by to go get help at the front desk. The maintenance person came and said he would back. Came back running with a putty spatula to break into his mechanical room. There was no or very poor ventilation in the elevators. The parents who had the girls stuck in the elevator asked the front desk to call 911 since their maintenance person couldn't get them out. But the front desk refused to call because they didn't want the fire department to break the glass or break the doors of the elevator!!!! The maintenance person didn't see the urgency because he said he was stuck in it himself the week prior! Ummmm... duh...obviously you need to get the elevator fixed. One of our fathers found some kind of bar in our van and used it to pry the doors open. Anyway, the girls were freed and the maintenance man demanded to know the name of the person responsible for our group because he wanted to know who to contact to charge us for the damages! Some nerve!!!

One night we reserved the "breakfast room" to hold a gathering for our group. We were greeted by no one and dark room. No staff member was there to greet us or to set up the place. Our families had to set up the tables, chairs and tablecloths.

Very inconsistent with the rules. Our group was in the pool at 11pm. The maintenance guy (yes same one that "helped" us with the elevators) said that the pool closes at 10:30pm but as long as we kept the noise down he would allow us to stay. So we kept it down.....not even 10 minutes later another person came by and told us that the pool closes at 11 so we have to get out.

There's only 1 washer and 1 dryer for the entire complex. Ice machines ran out of ice so we had to go hunting to several different machines on different floors.

And to top everything off....there was spurts of times that we didn't have NO hot water. One time it was in the middle of the afternoon!!!!

So if you still decide to stay here.....good luck. Carry a cell phone wherever you go and be prepared to pretty much serve yourself.
One day we came back to our already cleaned room when our maid entered our room without knocking!! She was surprised to see us sitting in the living room when she barged in. She said she was looking for one of cleaning supplies and wanted to see if she left it in our room!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms are ok and the not the problem... the service is horrible!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Abdul E, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Covina, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear WN808,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments on your recent stay at the Park Inn by Radisson Covina. We appreciate that you have brought to our attention the various issues you had encountered; which I had shared with our department heads so they could follow up, and improve on it.

Please accept my sincere apology for the problems you experienced and we hope that you will give us chance in the future to serve you better.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We provided 20 rooms of business to this establishment due to my sons wedding! We had guests from our home town attend. I personally stayed there 6 days. The rooms were filthy, no hot water and the pull out bed was not a bed but a metal frame with springs and no blankets. The couch and carpet was stained. The bathroom doors in several rooms were warped and didn't close completely. One door was rotting. One of our guests found a Tick in his room and took pictures. My wife was bit by a spider. The rooms are no reflection of the beautifully landscaped grounds. This place is like a beautiful sexy woman with no heart, brains or personality! The service was terrible. We had 3 elderly people with handicaps and the main lobby elevators didn't work nor was there any efforts to fix them. We were mislead on the shuttle service to and from the wedding reception, which was a selling point for us to stay there! And when we attempted to rectify it, the agreement wasn't acknowledged and we had several guest waiting a half hour because the agreed upon pick up times weren't honored! The keys were difficult to use on all our rooms. One of our guests received one of his two keys that didn't open his room after the wedding. He went to the lobby twice and they couldn't provide him with a key and said there was nothing they could do. They offered to switch rooms at 2 am when he was tired. The front desk stated they over booked therefore our guest checking time was 3 pm and some of our guest had to wait an hour. We made several complaints. Mysteriously some of our phones in the rooms weren't working any longer. 3 rooms had lamps or lighting fixtures not working. We stopped complaining because the staff just didn't seem to care! This is a poorly run, leaderless establishment. I challenge Radison corporate personnel to stay here for 4 days as guests. After walking through the grounds to get to our room, there was tremendous disappointment, like walking into the Twilight Zone. From eye catching grounds to disgusting over priced rooms. And the fact we stated we need to secure 14 rooms for a wedding months in advance and provided 20 rooms of business and that meant nothing to the staff and management on site leaves a feeling of complete disrespect for this establishment. We are Hilton members and we will be back several times to West Covina for future family functions and we will stay at the Hilton instead. The Hampton down the street on Garvey is ten times classier and has a better variety for breakfast!
My name is Anthony Morales and I stand behind my assessment of my experience!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I don't just throw 5 dots around, you've gotta earn them, but because I'm stingy with my dots is the only reason the Park Inn doesn't get the 5th dot.

First, the Hotel is right off the freeway... super easy to get to. Then, location, location, location. close to the IKEA, about a zillion restaurants, shopping and just about anything else you could want.

Then there is the great big rooms. The bedroom packs a nice big, comfy King bed, and the spacious living room has a pullout, it's own TV, a frig all to make you comfortable. The grounds are pleasant, and have a nice pool area.

Very, very reasonable prices which I got through priceline, bidding on Covina 3 star hotel. I've been there twice and am hoping for my upcoming trip to Covina to get to stay there again.

The breakfast isn't free, but was tasty enough and prevented you from having to go off property for breakfast. All in all, a very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Take a shot on 3 star covina bids and hope to get this place!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Auburn, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I read some of the reviews and was concerned with some of the comments; I phoned the hotel and spoke to Kay who guaranteed me she would oversee that a room was cleaned to make my experience a good one with this hotel. I felt assured after I spoke to her and was confident in what she told me. When I arrived yesterday and walked into room 368, I thought wow what a filthy room the carpet has black stains that lined the carpet. The bath tub is peeling and black mold is growing on the tile. Kay said when I called “that some of the rooms have stains on the carpet and they can’t get them out” well guess what folks! I grabbed a cloth and cleaner from the maid and took out each stain myself. A guest should never need to clean their own room, but I felt l couldn’t stay here one night in the condition carpet was in. When I pulled my car around the back of the hotel a restaurant worker was peeing in the parking lot, he then turned around and went back into the restaurant after finishing his business. I am going to tell everyone I come into contact with not to stay in this dive it not worth it .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Park Inn by Radisson Covina, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Park Inn standards. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. Thank you for your feedback and we hope for another chance in the future to exceed your expectations!
Los Angeles, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

so far away, ONLY due to the atrocious, laughable "housekeeping department!" I have stayed at this hotel on a semi-regular basis due to it's location, and due to the awesome front office staff (Brian and Kaye in particular are positively amazing in tending to guest's concerns, needs, and questions!)! I have been staying here for about 4 years now, and I have no complaints with anything regarding the property other than the fact that for some reason, the housekeeping is without a doubt the WORST I have ever seen in 30+ years of hotel stays! I do not believe that I have ever once checked into a room that was properly provisioned (with bath linens, coffee, ice buckets, hangars in the closet, do not disturb sign for hanging on the door, working light bulbs, etc)--it astounds me that there is always a number of standard items lacking from the room! The lights nearly always have dead bulbs in them, and never once have I ever seen the proper, standard compliment of linens in the bathroom! And, I will not even elaborate on how extensively every carpet I have seen is saturated in stains, as are most of the sofa and chairs! It is almost as if the maids merely change the sheets on the bed and nothing more! It would be so simple to upgauge this hotel to the 3-star moderate place it should be--the basics are all in place----just clean the place up, and replace the inept, useless maids with those who will merely perform daily cleaning!

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet except for the ones fronting the 10 Freeway, all rooms are fairly the same so fa...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

hair in the shower and all over the tub, large stains on couch, every inch of the carpet was stained. shower curtains were incredibly dirty, dirty finger prints on walls and bathroom door. balcony railing hadn't been cleaned in years it seemed. It looked as though someone had lived in this room (257) and after walking the grounds and seeing potted plants in several balconies it was apparent that was actually the case. This is literally the diteist hotel room I have ever stayed in. Clean the rooms up and this place would be half way decent!

Room Tip: if you find a room that is gross dont stay in it
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Abdul E, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Covina, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Mr. Daniel S,

Abdul El-Mekhgiange
626-915-3441

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Covina? Share your experiences!