You added Vagabond Inn Costa Mesa/Orange County Airport to your Saves list
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Costa Mesa
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

The place was clean, roomy enough, had fridge, microwave and simple breakfast. Staff was nice and accommodating. Price was reasonable and less than other like facilities. This is so close to lots of restaurants, including and In 'N Out burger in front of the inn.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
St. George, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Room was a good price and worked fine for the two of us to stay one night. Friendly and helpful staff. Ice machine on our side of the building was broken, so we had to walk all the way over to the far end of the lot where the lobby was to get ice. The red stir sticks in the wicker basket for the coffee all had brown coffee inside of them that was old and sticky so they'd obviously been used by the prior tenant of the unit. The complementary lotion bottle was three quarters already used by the previous units tenant. I am not a very tall woman, and I had to almost get on my knees in the shower because the shower was not adjustable. It may have been adjustable at one point but it was stuck. There is a working television and refrigerator we did not use. The bed was hard but comfortable for us. All of the lights seem to work well. The room was hot and stuffy when we got here, so we turn the air conditioning unit on and it worked really well had to end up turning the heat on towards the middle of the night and that worked well also. There did not seem to be any noticeable stink coming from the room is smelled pretty pleasant and the counters and surfaces all seem to be pretty well cleaned.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I just needed a cheap place to stay near Newport after going out one night and I booked this hotel...One of the worst I have ever stayed in...The sink and vanity area had at least 200 cigarette burns on the counter...I didn't even feel safe with the door locked...I honestly put a chair to the door...There is a table and chairs in there but they looked like horrific so I did not even bother to sit down...I pulled off the comforter cause that was not going to touch my skin...I barely slept that night cause I just got creeped out...Honestly it reminded me of one of those places that criminals go to when they are running from the police...I can not make this stuff up...so if you ever watch a cop shows and they are at a 2 story motel yelling on a megaphone to come out with your hands up...I can not say this hotel resembles those scenes pretty well

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Would stay again but only for one night. rooms are small and can only fit one queen size bed. Clean room but the bathrooms need a little maintenance. Outside pool and hot tub were working great and very clean. Hotel next to freeway..a plus.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Modesto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I found this place last minute and had not read any reviews and wasn't happy about staying here but was exhausted from travel and desperate. My room had a terrible smell, the bathtub and shower curtain still had dirt spots, dead spider in the bathroom, lampshade hanging from the ceiling over a lightbulb, large gap under entry door. The doors and jams was all damaged. I did not even take my shoes off to walk on the carpet and dreaded getting in that bed. I was charged $110.00 for my stay. Robbery to say the least. To top it off my brand new car got scratched!!!

Room Tip: My tip is to stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Anchorage, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Warning: this hotel has a bug and cleanliness problem. We want to warn as many people as possible about this hotel. Our rate was $89/night + tax so our expectations were reasonable. We try never to compain and this is our first review post. Although the place is run down, we were willing to overlook any superficial issues until the ants, bugs, and dirtiness became too much for us. We needed to wear flip flops in the shower (shower shoes) because of the tub sanitation and uncleanliness. The "replaced sheets" were dirty, hair and filth everywhere, and the ants were in the bed (and all over). When the issues were brought to their attention, I was given a can of bug spray (raid). Unfortunately, this was a horrible experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Rosa, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

DON'T STAY HERE! Why don't people read these reviews and take them seriously. This place is the filthiest place you have ever seen. It is broken down with broken windows and doors that don't lock right. You will need a shower after you leave there. I didn't look at the reviews before staying there so PLEASE do yourself a favor and pay a little more to stay elsewhere. Sleeping outside would be better. I don't know why the owners don't clean this place up. It really should be shut down. It is OFFENSIVE that the owners let it go like this.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here!none!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family