“Ramada Costa Mesa Review” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
25% Off 2-Night Stays
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Palo Alto
“Ramada Costa Mesa Review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The refrigerator was so cold that my yogurt froze--ruining my breakfast!
It's nice to have the extra room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Pros: Spacious rooms, clean, decent price with AAA, and generally comfortable.

Cons: Old-style picture tube TV and too much noise above our room(we were on the 1st floor).

Overall, it was a good place with a great freeway accessible location. I just wish they would properly insulate/sound-proof the space between floors to reduce pounding noises coming into 1st floor rooms.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay on the 1st floor. Too much noise above your head from the floor above you. Request 3rd f...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I was traveling to a conference in Huntington Beach and registered to stay at the resort right on the beach. My boss, who was also coming, saw the price and said we only need a place with WiFi and hot water. So I found the Ramada Inn nearby in Costa Mesa. Seemed nice from the website. I get there and it indeed looks very nice from the drive up, however it is a MOTEL, with external access doors. No where did this say this on the website. The room itself was shabby: the bed spread was tore and tattered, paint was just this close to peeling. The walls were paper thin, the door had a 0.5 inch gap, so noise and light came in from underneath. I ended up rolling up a towel and blocking the bottom of the door with it. The shades didn't block the entire window. The WiFi was excellent. However, the hot water was variable. The temperature would go up or down without touching the knob. Far from being a feature, this was definitely a bug. The staff at the front desk were quite nice, as were the staff in the restaurant/bar. Breakfast was surprisingly good (typical american eggs, meat, etc.) The burger I had in the bar made me sick all night. The best part was the price; quite reasonable for OC and so close to the beach. So, if you are looking for a cheap (in every sense of the word) hotel with WiFi and variable access to hot water, this is definitely your place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
South Lake Tahoe, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Sorry to say, I was not satisfied with this hotel. We come to hotels for different reasons and sometimes from very long distances. With that thought in mind we don't want to sleep on a mattress so soft you sink. My daughter and I had to share a bed and we just ended up in the middle. Rm 314 bed next to the window needs to be changed out. We ate two different occasions in their restaruant, ordered three different dinners, not one was to our liking, either taste was off or too dry. Afer dinner trying to get settled we got a knock so loud we were afraid to open the door. It was the worker bringing towels to us, wrong room. The next morning we tried their breakfast, three tables and the waiter was running around. It took a half hour to receive our meal, I asked for ketchup, a few more tables were filling up so I knew after waiting for fifteen - twenty minutes I would have to get up to ask for it again so I can put it now, on my cold food.

Room Tip: Check the room and bed before paying. In this case I had no choice because I used Hotel.com. I cou...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Express Costa Mesa
Holiday Inn Express Costa Mesa
#10 of 23 in Costa Mesa
4.0 of 5 stars 43 reviews

Been to Ramada Costa Mesa/Newport Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Costa Mesa/Newport Beach

Address: 1680 Superior Avenue, Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Location: United States > California > Orange County > Costa Mesa
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Hotel Class:3 star — Ramada Costa Mesa/Newport Beach 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Odigeo, HotelsClick and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Ramada Costa Mesa/Newport Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Inn & Suites Costa Mesa/Newport Beach Hotel Costa Mesa
Ramada Inn And Suites Costa Mesa/Newport Beach
Ramada Newport Beach
Ramada Costa Mesa/Newport Beach CA - Orange County
Costa Mesa Ramada

If you own or manage Ramada Costa Mesa/Newport Beach, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.