“House Renovation” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
South Lake Tahoe, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Sorry to say, I was not satisfied with this hotel. We come to hotels for different reasons and sometimes from very long distances. With that thought in mind we don't want to sleep on a mattress so soft you sink. My daughter and I had to share a bed and we just ended up in the middle. Rm 314 bed next to the window needs to be changed out. We ate two different occasions in their restaruant, ordered three different dinners, not one was to our liking, either taste was off or too dry. Afer dinner trying to get settled we got a knock so loud we were afraid to open the door. It was the worker bringing towels to us, wrong room. The next morning we tried their breakfast, three tables and the waiter was running around. It took a half hour to receive our meal, I asked for ketchup, a few more tables were filling up so I knew after waiting for fifteen - twenty minutes I would have to get up to ask for it again so I can put it now, on my cold food.

Room Tip: Check the room and bed before paying. In this case I had no choice because I used Hotel.com. I cou...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Tustin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I received the Ramada Inn on a Hotwire bid. After checking the TripAdvisor reviews, I did not expect to like my 3-night stay. However, I was pleasantly surprised and had a good, quiet night's sleep on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. The hotel was full, but all the guests were well-behaved. It was way more family-friendly than I expected it to be. Overall, the room was good for the price as other hotels in this area are often pricey.

I visited the front office as I needed an electrical strip (few outlets in the room) and the maintenance man was standing at my door waiting for me when I immediately returned. How's that for service!

The beach is just down the same street as the hotel, just several blocks away. Very convenient.

They have a Save Our Planet card on the nightstand: you place it on the bed if you don't need the bedsheets changed that day. Please use the card so the housekeepers don't have to change the bedsheets on every bed every day, which is a lot of work and a lot of waste. Maybe the Ramada should put two (2) Save the Planet cards in those rooms that have two beds, so there is no confusion.

The restaurant was great value.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The place was pretty well located, Newport Blvd and 17 Street is a restaurant hub, not far from the peninsula.

Parking was free and easy, there was free wi-fi, and a desktop in the lobby where you could surf and print a boarding pass.

There was some noise, maybe the room above, I'm not sure.

I felt it was a good value and clean. I didn't try the restaurant.

Room Tip: Didn't really check this aspect out.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Ramada Costa Mesa/Newport Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Costa Mesa/Newport Beach

Address: 1680 Superior Avenue, Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Location: United States > California > Orange County > Costa Mesa
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Hotel Class:3 star — Ramada Costa Mesa/Newport Beach 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Ramada Costa Mesa/Newport Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Inn And Suites Costa Mesa/Newport Beach
Ramada Inn & Suites Costa Mesa/Newport Beach Hotel Costa Mesa
Ramada Newport Beach
Ramada Costa Mesa/Newport Beach CA - Orange County
Costa Mesa Ramada

If you own or manage Ramada Costa Mesa/Newport Beach, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.