“LUMPY PILLOWS AND BURNED BEDSPREAD” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Wa. State
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The motel is in an excellent location right at the end of the 55. The rooms and grounds are very clean, the Wi-fI works fine as do the TV and AC. The prices is good, I paid about $70/night over a four day stay.

The minuses: the walls are very thin. If you have a neighbor, you will hear everything that goes on in that room. The first night I was here I had a neighbor with several kids and it was very noisy. Parking lot and walkway noise is very noticable.

The other minus is a lack of a complimentary breakfast. I had thought that had become a standard for quick stay motels by now. They have a sit down resturant, but I never saw anyone in there. They did not even have complimentary coffee in the lobby(they have a small maker in the room) .

Room Tip: Try to get one without neighbors unless you want to know the intimate details of their lives
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Victorville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We love this place, its affordable, close to a Dennys, ( a good Dennys), the continental breakfast was good, the pool and jacuzzi were very clean, the laundry room was in good operational condition. The front office was very helpful, clean, and good customer service. The rooms were OK, my only complaint was the trash under the bed, and a little bit of mold in the restroom area, I know its close to the beach and somewhat wet all the time, but I do want the place to be as clean as possible, we travel with clorox bathroom cleaner, and wipe the entire restroom area upon arrival. This is probably my 20th time here and I have never had a problem, except this time. This place is only a few miles away from the Newport Beach Pier, and affordable. I recommend it.

Room Tip: Weekends are sometimes noisy with college kids, parties, and celebrations. The summer can be a bit n...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Bellevue, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is a typical Ramada Inn, on a boring semi-industrial stretet in Costa Mesa but about a mile from the edge of Newport Bay. We got a $20 upgrade to a "junior king suite", which was worth that small extra amount. The breakfast service was great, and the best thng there.

Room Tip: Ask for the upgrade to a "junlor king suite". it's a bit larger and worth the extra...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed there twice. On both occasions couldn't get enough sleep because of the noisy neighbors, noise from outside, children screaming and running up and down the stairs. I could even hear the neighbors TV and knew what program was on, etc. On my first stay I was woken up at 2 am by loud voices, swearing and smashing of the doors of what sounded like a big party of young people. It didn't stop for hours. I had an important meeting early in the morning, so decided to call the front desk at 4 am and ask for their help. Well, the person on duty made the whole thing sound like I was crazy making up stories and said he had no idea where this party was etc. At this stage people were running up and down the stairs yelling and laughing. In the morning I went to the front desk to ask to give me a room in the other end of the motel. The guy at the front dest still looked like he didnt believe a word i was saying. Thankfully there was a lady guest there who confirmed everything i said and said she couldn't sleep either and she was two floor up from my room. The guy over sudden understood what we were talking about and said that it was perhaps a wedding party and that there were checking out soon. No apologies, nothing was said to show even a slight respect for the guests.

Apart from sleepless nights, I should mention the rooms are very basic, motel style with this peculiar smell. Corridor area and the lift were dirty and smelly most of the time. The pool area never had fresh towels, so I had to call the front desk and ask for them standing and waiting there wet. And the response of hotel stuff would be like "ok", no apologies at realization there was a mismanagement of some sort, but rather making it look like I was bothering them with some silly things and distracting them from their direct and important duties. Once I and my 5 yo son came back to the room after a swim in the pool and realised a little too late that the towels were all taken from the room but no fresh ones were supplied. My son was already in a shower and I was on the phone with the front desk saying that the room service forgot to supply towels. The same young guy's response in a very cold voice with a hint of irritation in it was: "they didn't forget the towels. It's just we don't have any fresh ones at the moment. Please wait and they will be delivered soon". Again, there were no apologies, but it actually sounded like I was again giving him hard time by asking stupid questions. Thankfully I had a not so fresh beach towel we could use after shower. There were also some minor things like non supply of coffee or soap by room service. Room service stuff is also non-apologetic and no smiles or greetings. It came to the point when I would realise something was missing or broken, but wouldn't ask for help from the stuff because of the negativity with which all of my requests were met.

Would I stay there again- never!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Ramada Costa Mesa/Newport Beach? Share your experiences!