“Noisy...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The BLVD HOTEL

Save Saved
You added The BLVD HOTEL to your Saves list
The BLVD HOTEL
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2430 Newport Blvd, Costa Mesa, CA 92626 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Ranked #13 of 23 hotels in Costa Mesa

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Found this hotel online and as it was fairly close to the beach made a reservation. Room rate was OK. Looks like it used to be some budget place with it's outside door entrances and rather small structure. The rooms themselves are so small that you bump your knees walking about the room. Size is maybe 10 x 10 with chipped dark wood furniture. Also, they have NO elevator which is not good. Dirt and dust in the corners of the room too.

We asked for some additional towels one morning from a housekeeper and she just glanced at us and went about her business. Then we spoke to the head housekeeper who acted as if she could care less about our simple request. Very strange and shows you the lack of training these girls receive from the owner / manager. Passed this information on to a fellow named Sanjay working the front desk and he appeared to care less also.

Wouldn't stay here again. Not going to tolerate a hotel that isn't there for their guests.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Management-Team03, Manager at The BLVD HOTEL, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Former Guest,

We are very sorry to hear about your unpleasant stay. We also apologize for the lack of good customer service you received from the staff. We would like to inform you that since our last stay we have gone through a management change. In addition, we have also changed the name of the property. We understand that the property was very outdated so we have decided to spunk up the hotel. We will begin our renovation process very soon.

We hope that you give us another opportunity to impress you once our property has been renovated.
Simi Valley, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed here for the annual Pacific Coast Sportfishing festival t the O.C. fairgrounds. Room is nice, clean and spacious. It also has a refrigerator and a microwave oven, nice work desk and a flat screen TV. The breakfast had a good selection and the dining area was kept very clean. Room was quiet from street noise. No view, stayed on the side street side opposite from the parking side, the staff at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. I will be back. Free WiFi and free parking.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side street side are quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed for last visit. If you liked our hotel then, you will love our hotel after our upcoming renovations! We recently changed our hotel name to the Blvd Hotel, but the great thing is that we have still kept all the same great perks: complementary breakfast, Wi-Fi and parking.

We hope to see you next time you are back in town!

-Blvd Team
California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Just returned from a one-night stay in Orange County. Just needed a place to crash for a reasonable price. This place was perfect. I asked for a quiet room, and was given a quiet room, upstairs, not on the parking lot side, not next to the ice machine, not above the pool, not on the corner. OK, so the view wasn't much, but I didn't need that.

The room had a microwave and a fridge, basic bathroom, ironing board, etc. The lamps were plentiful and the lightbulbs actually gave off light! King bed was fine and plenty of pillows.

Comfortable reading chair with an ottoman and a decent lamp. Best of all, free wifi. I didn't use the TV at all, but it was a flat screen.

Shower water was plentiful, however the water draining was quite slow, and I ended up standing in a couple of inches of water. Be sure to bring your full set of toiletries too.

Breakfast was basic, not the type to fill up on, but enough to get you out the door. Many places to eat nearby, but probably not walking distance for most.

If I was in the same type of situation, I'd definitely stay there again. Oh and there's a pool and whirlpool, it looked clean and well maintained.

Room Tip: If you have problems with stairs, ask for the ground level, there isn't an elevator. Rooms on th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We absolutely agree that free Wifi is very important for our guests especially in todays world. That is why we are very happy to offer this at no additional cost to our guests. We are also very excited to inform you that we will be starting our renovation process under our new name. We will still be offering some of the same complementary things we did from your last visit. We hope to see you again in the future! - Blvd Hotel Team
salt lake city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I was visiting for the Namm show , which is one of the biggest conventions the Anaheim convention center holds for the music business and most hotels and travel suppliers know that they can raise prices for this special 5 day event. The people I represent booked a 4 star hotel for me for 2 days and I had to book my own hotel for the first days myself and picked the Comfort Inn and it was the BEST decision I ever made.

Upon arriving ( after a canceled flight) a 13 hour travel day that is normally 1 1/2 hours from Salt Lake to Los Angeles I arrived at the Comfort Inn.

I was greeted with a clean and well thought out hotel... and by one of the nicest, most professional people I have ever met in the hotel industry.

Sanjay was so upbeat, so welcoming, so courteous, I felt really welcome.
He was proud of his hotel, he was so positive, and made my really grueling day of travel just melt away. I can't say enough about this special person.

The hotel was clean as a whistle, the room comfortable, the pool and jacuzzi really clean and inviting ( it was too cold for the pool) but the jacuzzi was perfect.

I enjoyed the supplied refrigerator, microwave and FREE and efficient WI Fi.

The breakfast was really well done, and had everything from the usual continental breakfast to
eggs and sausage. ( and its free)

After my stay I went to the other hotel ( the westin) which my employer had booked
This hotel was sadly missing everything from a fan in the bathroom to a jacuzzi
how it got 4 stars is a mystery to me.. though people were nice

well when the convention was over I headed for the airport, dropped the rental car
and as I was walking in the door of John Wayne airport I hear over the speaker
my flight was canceled. Salt Lake was iced over and the next "possible" flight would be 15 hours later ............ the next day.

I knew what I had to do... and my best friend called the comfort inn and they helped me
with a GREAT price ( better than Orbitz and my original booking) and I took a taxi to this great hotel for a second stay in 5 days.

I was NOT disappointed , the person there was also helpful , made my stay extra good
and even called a taxi with a special price for me so I could get to the long beach airport at 4 am.

I will positively stay at this Comfort Inn again..
and I hope they see this review , I would like them to know they are providing great service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
eaver08, Manager at The BLVD HOTEL, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for your recent review! We greatly appreciate your recognition of our evening desk clerk and posted a copy of your kudos for the entire staff. Additionally, thank you for your repeatbusiness. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the near future!
Huntington Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We booked a room here on New Year's Eve. The rooms were quite comfortable, it had its on refrigerator, coffee pot, good size bathroom and pleasant cusomer service. I would definetely stay here again for its very reasonable price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
eaver08, Manager at The BLVD HOTEL, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so glad you found us to be above average and recommendation worthy. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!
Vancouver Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

A last minute booking for 2 nights. We've always enjoy staying at the Comfort Inn, this location was not far from Garden Grove, little "Saigon" Vietnamese town. Checking was quick, room was clean, with 4 small pillows. A little fluffing and the pillow was normal size. I like the fact that you can sleep one under your head and the other one place between your legs to alleviate back pain.

All the amenities we wanted: small fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. Internet was fast. Compare to Circus Hotel in Vegas, it did not have any of the appliances mentioned above.

We did experience some disturbance, walls were thin and you can hear your neighbor talking in the early hours. I put on my ear plugs and slept like a baby.
Hot waffle, yogurt, orange and apples. Breakfast room was small and only 3-4 small tables.

Room Tip: For a quiet room, choose the back or corner ones.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to The BLVD HOTEL? Share your experiences!