“A comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
eugene, or
“A comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Yes, this is a budget- friendly motel! The shower needed better ventilation which is causing the paint to peel, but other than that, I found my room comfortable. It was spacious, and had a decent sleeper couch to sit on while I worked. The sink area has been upgraded to a nice dark marble, and it was very quiet overnight. The property is very close to the airport so you shouldn't be surprised when planes take off, but the noise ends between 10 pm and 6:30 am, so a quiet room overnight is the norm. I will stay here again next time business brings me here!

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Mesa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

The room was OK, it was bearable. First of all, finding this place was a nightmare. It's not where Google maps shows it (I know that's not really their fault, but that's a pretty easy fix that the hotel can make). The problem with this is that we called the front desk multiple times asking for directions, and the guy was so unhelpful it drove me crazy. His inability to give simple directions such as major crossroads was unbelievable.

The air conditioner was broken (1 of the fans wasn't working- we didn't realize until our last night, so that's on us). They switched us to a new room, so at least that was nice.

One night I called the front desk asking for extra pillows and towels, and they said they'd call me back in 10 min. I never got a call.

The food for the breakfast was terrible but it's the same as any other 2 star hotel, except these people didn't even have a waffle maker. It was basically cereal and bagels with some fruit.

Overall, I would definitely not return..

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Stayed here for a few days. Lots of complaints from us. I'm just going to list the problems we had so that others can be prepared for issues. First, they have too many cars in the parking lots. You can't find a place to park because of the used car dealership in the parking lot. The first day we were here, maintenance guys were washing loose tires and rims, as well as bicycles in the parking lot. They have a lot of crickets outside the doors that chirp all night...When having a shower, the water goes from hot to cold in 1 second, so the shampoo burns your eyes because you jump out from the freezing cold water. I also had a sunburn, and the showers water made this worse by the temp changes. I ended up just having a freezing cold shower because I couldn't wait all day. The shower head was clogged from hard water stains, so it only comes out on the hard pressure setting. It was like taking a shower with a garden hose. We didn't have enough towels, and the office was rude when we asked for clean towels. We started washing them ourselves to avoid the rudeness. The breakfast room had a roach crawling up the wall, next to the bananas.They had hookers out at night hanging over the upper balcony. I felt like I was staying at a low budget Motel 6. The queen size beds are actually full size beds, comfortable but tiny. Airplane noise didn't bother us. Tv's were nice. Fridge worked. I would move the used car lot out of the parking lot, and provide more towels for your guests. Because those were my main complaints. I wouldn't stay here again just because of those issues. I would have expected this from Motel 6 but for the price it didn't match the service. I would happily pay $100.00 to another hotel for clean fresh towels, and a place to park that was remotely close to my room. The maids seemed nice. Whomever manages this hotel, is not doing a good job, and probably lacks management skills. When you walk into the lobby, it looks very nice, but when you get your room, you will be sadly disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Orange County Airport/Costa Mesa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Orange County Airport/Costa Mesa

Address: 1400 SE Bristol St, Costa Mesa, CA 92707
Location: United States > California > Orange County > Costa Mesa
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Hotel Class:2 star — Travelodge Orange County Airport/Costa Mesa 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Travelodge Orange County Airport/Costa Mesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travelodge Orange County Airport Hotel Costa Mesa
Travelodge Santa Ana
Travel Lodge Santa Ana
Santa Ana Travelodge
Santa Ana Travel Lodge
Travelodge Orange County Airport/Costa Mesa CA

If you own or manage Travelodge Orange County Airport/Costa Mesa, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.