“Great location, very friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel

Save Saved
You added Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel to your Saves list
Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3350 Avenue of the Arts, Costa Mesa, CA 92626 (Formerly Wyndham Orange County Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #3 of 23 hotels in Costa Mesa
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great location, very friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Having stayed in the area several times in the past this was the first time at this hotel and we enjoyed our stay. The location is great, just off the freeway and very close to restaurants and shops. The parking garage is easily accessible right next to the hotel entrance but the $19/night is a little outrageous.

The hotel is very clean and modern looking in the public areas and the rooms are a nice size. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were tiny and squishy. They definitely need to be changed to match the quality of the bed.

There's a nice outside seating area that was great to sit and read in the morning and the gym was nicely equipped.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

950 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Salt Lake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Talk about heaven on Earth. The hotel was beautiful, the room was fabulous with very comfortable beds, and the staff was phenomenal. I spent most of my time at the pool, which was so relaxing. I will definitely have another girls getaway weekend there!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

The staff hear is so friendly and helpful! I arrive w/ a nightmare situation.

I work as a freelance flight attendant. It was not until I was making a quick stop before check in that realized I was missing my wallet. It fell out of my purse in my last hotel in Virginia! When I called to see what I could do, Chelsea answered the call. She was friendly and quick. Unfortunately, there wasn't much she could do. She handed me off to her manager Jason Miknutt.

Jason and I brainstormed to see what could be done. He was patient and understanding in what was a stressful situation for me. He was able to verify I've stayed in the past w/o incident. He was able to find a solution where I could use a cash deposit.

When I finally was able to check in, Jason, Chelsea, and Daniel were all sympathetic, friendly, and helpful. Daniel checked me in helping to create the feeling that my immediate stresses were over.

The room was the oasis I needed. Unfortunately, w/o ID, I couldn't work my scheduled trip that brought me there. Daniel was once again helpful and understanding as I checked out.

I can't say enough about how much Jason, Chelsea, and Daniel helped me! I was in total panic, near meltdown. They managed to make sure I still was able to have a truly pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2014
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I've stayed at many hotels across Irvine and OC. I hate to give the secret away but if you want straight up exceptional service, a hotel close to everything within a minutes walk, and a hotel not overlooking a 12 lane freeway....then I strongly suggest you look this place up. I have always been treated better here than any hotel in the area and in fact better than most places I've stayed in many places in the US and abroad. These folks treat you like a guest and that's in the most sincere manner.

Room Tip: Overlooking the lake in the back closest to the fountain. White noise puts me to sleep every time.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had a great experience here! The staff was very friendly and patient. The hotel was very busy! The room was very clean and the grounds were gorgeous! If in OC again I would for sure stay here again just to see the great looking staff and phenomenal room service.

Room Tip: Ask for complementary upgrade and you may just get lucky!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Trabuco Canyon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I have stayed at Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel multiple times and I must say that every time I do stay here I feel like a part of a large family who will cater to your every need! All joking aside, the staff here take their jobs seriously and it is because of their hard work and concern for my stay that I will always recommend this hotel and stay here myself. The hotel has some beautiful new upgrades and I love going to the Silver Trumpet restaurant and Bar, it is absolutely stunning! I love this Hotel and would recommend it for anyone who wants to have a beautiful place to stay that is taken care of by some of the nicest and helpful people I have had the pleasure of meeting.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel? Share your experiences!