“Beautiful hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel

Save Saved
You added Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel to your Saves list
Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3350 Avenue of the Arts, Costa Mesa, CA 92626 (Formerly Wyndham Orange County Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #3 of 23 hotels in Costa Mesa
GreenLeadersGold level
“Beautiful hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

How I found this place:

I was planning a trip to Knotts Berry Farm for the kids and wanted some place nice to stay. To stay at a nice place in LA was cost prohibitive. And paying so much for mediocre hotels depressed me. I'm a subscriber to travelzoo.com and saw in their weekly email news letter a deal for a suite with one bed for $109 per night. The clincher was it included parking which can add up otherwise. So I made a reservation.

Good stuff about our suite and the hotel:

I didn't tell the hotel staff that my husband and I were going to have 3 kids with us. The max for the room was 4. But what was I suppose to do, stick my 4 year old in the car overnight? The front desk employees could see we were a party of five but I think the policy against more than 4 was more for adults rather than children. Parking was nice and close. The lobby had cool chairs. The elevators were fast and convenient.

The room was beautiful and clean. The living room area was spacious with modern yet comfortable furniture. The bed in the bedroom was very comfortable with soft linen. The kids slept on the 2 couches in the living room comfortably. I'm going to assume that I could not have benefited off of such a deal had the hotel not been doing well financially because it's an expensive high end hotel. The work out room was adequate and faced the jogging trail that surrounded an artificial large pond. The kids enjoyed the heated pool. I hope they offer this price often enough for me to take advantage of it again.

Negative stuff about the hotel:

The toilet paper was thin. The shampoo/conditioner/moisturizer sub par. The staff was nice except for a dirty look thrown my way when my 7 year old was running through the lobby. So it's not the most kid friendly of hotels but my 7 year old shouldn't have been running in the first place. Even though not overly kid friendly, a bunch of young people staying on our floor had a party during one night of our stay. So adults can be loud too. I didn't complain because hey, we're at a hotel surrounded by other people, to not hear a peep would be creepier than anything else.

Overall, the pluses definitely outweigh the negative. My family enjoyed their stay at the hotel and my 5 year old didn't want to leave.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sloan S, Front Office Manager at Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Good evening,

I am happy we could be a part of your family’s experience while visiting Knott’s. Our Junior Suite is ideal for families of 3 or more, and obtaining a TravelZoo voucher is a fantastic value. I was thinking of purchasing one myself :). Although we do not have many families stay with us, I can assure you that we are family friendly. I am incorporating your review into a training module we are planning to show our staff the impact body language can have on a guest. Our service standard is a pillar in everything that we do and we are constantly looking to find ways to grow our service to make our guests more relaxed and comfortable throughout their stay. Thank you for your valuable feedback and I encourage you to stay with us again soon. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to show you an experience that more accurately reflects the product and service we are so proud of. Please feel free to reach out to me directly with any questions or concerns. Warm regards,

900 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel has recently been renovated.
Good size room, very comfortable beds, big modern bathroom with good water pressure in shower. A variety of cable channels on tv. Quiet surroundings. nice pool and spa area.
Close to South Coast Plaza Shopping Mall and Performing Arts Centre. A variety of restaurants nearby.
The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. I had the pleasure of dealing with Dottie and Kevin from Reception during my stay. They both remembered my name and were always genuine and enthusiastic in the customer service roles.

Room Tip: The rooms that overlook the pool and garden area are all very nice. Private with a very pleasant out...
Good evening,

Your positive experience and feedback bring such joy to our staff. Dottie and Kevin are both strong assets to our Front Office team, and being recognized in your review is a great way for them to be recognized by executive management. We strive to have a product and service standard that produce an experience that is nothing like anything else in our area. I encourage you to stay with us again, and let us turn that 4 out of 5 into a 5 out of 5. Please feel free to contact me directly to arrange your next stay :) Warm regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel this past weekend (5/24-5/26). The appearance of the hotel was very nice. The Hotel was very clean and the staff very friendly and profession. Thanks to Richie, a staff member, for his excellent customer service in handling a booking issue prior to my stay. Overall, the room was clean and the beds were comfortable. We had a very pleasant stay. My only suggestion is that the hotel should offer free WiFi.

Room Tip: Great Service - no issues
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sloan S, Front Office Manager at Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Good morning,

It is wonderful we were able to be a part of your family’s weekend getaway. Richie is an asset to our Front Office exemplifies the 4-diamond service standard we strive to perfect. Your WiFi suggestion is taken into consideration and will be reviewed amongst our executive staff. Should you have any further suggestions, questions, or concerns feel free to contact me directly. Warm regards,

Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This hotel is beautiful, centrally located, recently renovated/re-styled, and basically perfect. I was attending a conference at the Hilton across the freeway -- they didn't have room for me after the first night, but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise because the Wyndam was just so fabulous (and they had a free shuttle I could take to/from a 5-mile radius.) From the hardwood floors, cozy robes, amazing shower, and comfortable bed... everything was just right. The front desk staff was friendly (Kevin and DorothyAnn), never treating me differently for booking through Priceline, and even gave me a late checkout with a smile. I loved the new purple velvet chairs in the lobby, and the bar/lounge area was quite stylish (loved the pillows!) and had a fantastic happy hour with delicious bites to eat and creative drinks. I would be the happiest gal in the world if every hotel I ever stayed in was just like this one. Thank you for the lovely stay!

Good morning,

A seasoned traveler, such as you, has experienced many hotels and we are so thrilled that we are one of the memorable ones. No one guest is more important than another and we feel each person we have on property deserved the utmost best service we can provide. Kevin and Dorothyann are HIGHLY valued team members, and their attitudes and service skills exemplify the standard we strive to perfect on property. From our lobby to our rooms, from our restaurant to our gift shop, and from our amenities to our service we strive to offer a product and experience that will wow the discerning guest. I encourage you to stay with us in the near future. It would be my pleasure to make the arrangements. Feel free to contact me directly. Thank you very much for your time and your glowing review. Warm regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I just wanted to thank you and your staff, especially the young lady at the front desk, for a wonderful stay at your hotel. We had a really great time - enjoying the food and atmosphere. Our friends who stayed at the hotel that night were very impressed as well. The service was impeccable. Thank you again for such a great stay!! We will definitely consider Wyndham Hotel when it comes time for another celebration, as well as recommend to friends and colleagues as things come up.
Mr/Mrs J Smith

Room Tip: our rooms were close to friends and it was easily accomodating.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Good morning,

There is no need to thank us, and we appreciate you taking the time to leave a glowing review for other travelers to read. Our mission is to make each guest’s stay a 5 out of 5; anything less is a failure. You are so kind to recommend us to your friends and colleagues and we look forward to hopefully seeing them, and you, again. Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or concerns. Warm regards,

Fullerton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised when I pulled up. The decor is sleek and beautiful. Richie and Jason at the front desk were wonderful. I watched Richie with a hotel guest right before me and she was a bit annoying, but he treated her sooo kind and never showed any sign of irritation. WOW is all I have to say. I was using a deal I got on Travel Zoo. I got to the room - a Jr Suite - and it was fantastic! I am sort of a hotel snob. I search through tons of pictures on tripadvisor and other sites until I find the perfect room. If I'm going to stay in a hotel, the room should look just as good or better than my home. This one did not disappoint and it was a lake view room. Room service was awesome and again the staff member that brought the room service was friendly and kind. I will be coming back for a little getaway!!!!! Looking forward to two more days of relaxation until I have to leave.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view on the 5th or 6th floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Good afternoon,

First impressions are very important to us. Often times the difference between a great hotel stay and an average hotel stay is the initial welcome to property. The aesthetics of our property are wonderful and truly set us apart, however as I have mentioned in my previous responses the true value lies with our team members. Richie and Jason are highly experienced and highly valued team members who exemplify the service standard we strive to perfect every day. I encourage you to stay with us again and enjoy our wonderful product and service. Thank you very much for your time and your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Warm regards,

Simi Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

At check in at my recent visit (Monday night and Tuesday night May 20th and 21st, check out 5-22), I was greeted by Dorothyann and was very pleased. I am in the automotive industry and handle all customer service issues for a large automotive group. One thing I do regulary is attempt to recruit great people for my business. She would be a great candidate for anything requiring customer service. She had a warm, personable greeting without being too familiar, she put me at ease as I had been traveling all day, and got me through a few glitches from my end on the reservation. Excatly the way I would like to be treated, or expect my people to treat customers. Bravo!

I must agree, Dorothyann does rock 

A glowing review from a customer service professional, such as yourself, is fantastic and I am so pleased our staff was able to make your stay comfortable and relaxing. It is our mission to wow our guests with a level of service they have not experienced in their previous hotel experiences. Thank you for your time and your wonderful review. I would love to invite you back to our property for another memorable experience. Feel free to contact me directly with any questions or concerns. Warm regards,

Sloan

Been to Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel? Share your experiences!