“Another trip, another great experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel

You added Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel to your Saves list
Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3350 Avenue of the Arts, Costa Mesa, CA 92626 (Formerly Wyndham Orange County Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
GreenLeadersGold level
Marina del Rey, California, United States
“Another trip, another great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

They've re-vamped the hotel, and it looks quite sleek. The food was always good and still is; the refurbished Silver Trumpet bar is an attractive place to go for a drink or light meal; the rooms are spacious and quiet.
But the best part of staying there is the service. It's excellent and you always feel taken care of in the best, unobtrusive, but careful way. Special kudo's to Ashleigh at the desk, and to Nicole Kent, the Guest Services Manager.

I always leave this hotel looking forward to coming back soon again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sloan S, Front Office Manager at Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Good evening,

From your profile I see you’re a long term guest of ours. It is uplifting when our guests get to personally experience the before and after of our remodel. Our superior guest service is something we pride ourselves on and, judging from your reviews, it is something that has made you a loyal guest. We look forward to your next visit. Should you require any type of assistance please feel free to contact me directly. Warm regards,

Sloan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Big Bear Lake, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Nice rooms, nicely themed hotel "of the arts", as it is within easy walking distance of South Coast Repertory Theatre, Segerstrom, etc. beautiful sculptures of dancers, musical instruments everywhere you turn. We had a room with a view of the lake (man made) - lovely. The hotel staff were courteous and professional. The restaurant's food was good - just had breakfast twice. Very poor service one morning tho. The hotel is close to many fabulous restaurants all within a healthy walk. Pinot Provence - a somewhat pricy - but worth it French Restaurant - with at least one real French waiter. Parking at the hotel was 17.00 per day. We did not take our car out once throughout our 3 days because the location is prime for all you need. You might want to leave your car and have someone drop you off. Wifi is 10.00 per day - I find that a tacky thing for a high quality hotel to charge for. Even cheap motels don't charge for wifi. Just one of my pet peeves, along with airlines charging for luggage. we all just accept that and so they get away with it. All in all, this was a very nice place to use as home base for our theatre marathon weekend. South Coast Plaza shopping center is across the avenue, by the way - a very pricey mall but fun to window shop.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Good evening,

Having just come out of our 3-year mulit-million dollar remodel, it is so refreshing to read reviews praising the changes we have made in the hotel and the theme we are working to pursue. Our hotel truly does a fabolous location. It is close enough to all the area attractions to be very convenient yet still tucked away and private. Our restaurant has a newly imagined menu with delicous new items. However, the poor morning service you experienced is unacceptable and I will meet with the appropriate manager regarding such. I would love to invite you back on property for another memorable experience. Please feel free to reach out to me directly regarding such. Warm regards,

Calistoga, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Although I was very pleased with all of the usual attributes of a quality hotel such as location, comfort, noise level, creature comforts, etc. the thing that really stood out at this Wyndham was the service I received, which very well may be the best customer service I have ever received at any hotel. From the front desk to engineeringd department to the bell men out front, everyone went out of their way to assist me with several special requests, most notably transportation to and from a business event I was attending. (The hotel offers a shuttle service to guests within a five mile radius of the property).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sloan S, Front Office Manager at Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Good morning,

Reading your review this morning was the best start to my day I could have asked for. Our guests are the central focal point of our service, and when each team member is trained this standard is stressed. In addition, we are continually working to improve our service standard. It is our belief that if we are not improving our guest service and moving forward we are in turn moving backward- which is completely unacceptable. I am so happy that your stay was enjoyable and memorable. We hope to see you again soon. Please feel free to contact me directly to coordinate your next stay. Thank you very much for your time. Warm regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My friend and I decided last minute to head out to Newport Beach for a night of dancing. Being that we never drink and drive, we had to find a hotel that would be a cheap cab drive away. And somehow, we found Wyndham being the best choice as the prices must have dropped and we got a great deal, perfect!

Our room was on the 1st floor. Our patio felt like we stepped into a jungle, filled with all kinds of plants, we had privacy and it felt like a mini vacation. The room was nice and clean, however, there was no mini fridge, something most hotels are putting in rooms now. We had issues with the wifi, so we couldn't log on to the internet, but other than that, we were quite happy with the Wyndham and I'm sure we'll stay here again the next time we decide to head out to Newport Beach.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sloan S, Front Office Manager at Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Good afternoon,

I am very happy that you found us, and you had such a positive experience. Our location is great for visiting the neighboring beach cities; especially for a one-night getaway. We have made many upgrades with recently completed multi-million dollar renovation. One of which are mini fridges in every room. They are located in the cabinet below the television. Upon your next visit please feel free to ask the front desk for assistance. Thank you for your time, and for your review. Warm regards,

Honolulu, Hawaii

Dear Hotel Management:

This hotel is by far superior to all the hotels I've stayed at in the immediate area. Hotel staff were not only very helpful and accommodating but, also very informative and knowledgeable of surrounding areas of interests and events/amenities within the hotel...specifically the front desk staff who made sure I was taken cared of throughout my stay at your hotel. I would highly recommend your hotel...GREAT JOB WYNDHAM HOTEL!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Good afternoon,

I am so happy we are the preferred hotel to such a frequent visitor to the area. Having just completed a multi-million dollar renovation, we are striving to offer an all around experience that will set us apart in the eyes of our guests. We would love it if you would stay with us again when visiting the area and allow us to continue to show you our superior product, with superior service, giving you a superior experience. Warm regards,

Westminster, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This by far was the nicest and best hotel EVER!! A young man by the name of Daniel took care of our reservations, when we got there everything was set and ready. He let us know where everything was located, and we knew if we had any questions he would be more than willing to help us. We didn't even need to leave the hotel premises. The whole staff was outgoing and friendly. Absolutely no problem with the room, will come here again.
The Silver Trumpet restaurant is fantastic, very elegant yet casual clothing accepted, the food WOW! The chef knows what he is doing. Our waiter Brian very knowledgeable on the different foods they serve and was right there to help if we wanted anything.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property, and for giving recognition to our team members who enhanced your stay and made it such a memorable one. We are so pleased that you had such a wonderful stay and enjoyed all our property has to offer. Our mission is to provide an exceptional product, with superior service, and luxurious onsite amenities leaving our guests not only satisfied, but with a desire to return. We would love it if you would stay with us again soon. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions or concerns. Warm regards,

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband, son and I arrived to the Wyndham after an exhausting flight...not only did the bell man greet us with a smile but he went above and beyond our expectations. The front desk member Anthony was kind, patient and helpful! We were checked in and on our way to our room in a timely manner. He even escorted us to the elevator! When we got to our room we were amazed at how nice it was. It makes you feel as if you are right at home. With the unique decorating styles its not only homey but a fun atmosphere. Now on to the restaurant the Silver Trumpet. We ate here almost every night of our stay!! The food and staff were AMAZING! The bar which is one of the best hotel bars I have ever seen looked like a fun and relaxing way to spend an evening. (wish we didnt have our kid with us so we could have enjoyed it more haha) To sum it all up this hotel is AMAZING and I will never stay at another hotel in Orange County again!

WAY TO GO WYNDHAM!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sloan S, Front Office Manager at Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Good evening,

I think your review does an excellent job of highlighting our property as both an escape for individuals and couples, as well as being family friendly. Our recently completed multi-million dollar renovations have truly set us apart, and I was pleased you found the changes we have made so intriguing. We are happy to have another guest completely satisfied and we look forward to arrival on property for your next visit. Please reach out to me directly with any special requests and I will be sure to accommodate them.

Warm regards,

Sloan

Been to Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel? Share your experiences!