“Great price for a 4 star hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel

Save Saved
You added Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel to your Saves list
Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3350 Avenue of the Arts, Costa Mesa, CA 92626 (Formerly Wyndham Orange County Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #3 of 23 hotels in Costa Mesa
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great price for a 4 star hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My friend and I decided last minute to head out to Newport Beach for a night of dancing. Being that we never drink and drive, we had to find a hotel that would be a cheap cab drive away. And somehow, we found Wyndham being the best choice as the prices must have dropped and we got a great deal, perfect!

Our room was on the 1st floor. Our patio felt like we stepped into a jungle, filled with all kinds of plants, we had privacy and it felt like a mini vacation. The room was nice and clean, however, there was no mini fridge, something most hotels are putting in rooms now. We had issues with the wifi, so we couldn't log on to the internet, but other than that, we were quite happy with the Wyndham and I'm sure we'll stay here again the next time we decide to head out to Newport Beach.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sloan S, Front Office Manager at Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Good afternoon,

I am very happy that you found us, and you had such a positive experience. Our location is great for visiting the neighboring beach cities; especially for a one-night getaway. We have made many upgrades with recently completed multi-million dollar renovation. One of which are mini fridges in every room. They are located in the cabinet below the television. Upon your next visit please feel free to ask the front desk for assistance. Thank you for your time, and for your review. Warm regards,

909 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Honolulu, Hawaii

Dear Hotel Management:

This hotel is by far superior to all the hotels I've stayed at in the immediate area. Hotel staff were not only very helpful and accommodating but, also very informative and knowledgeable of surrounding areas of interests and events/amenities within the hotel...specifically the front desk staff who made sure I was taken cared of throughout my stay at your hotel. I would highly recommend your hotel...GREAT JOB WYNDHAM HOTEL!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Good afternoon,

I am so happy we are the preferred hotel to such a frequent visitor to the area. Having just completed a multi-million dollar renovation, we are striving to offer an all around experience that will set us apart in the eyes of our guests. We would love it if you would stay with us again when visiting the area and allow us to continue to show you our superior product, with superior service, giving you a superior experience. Warm regards,

Westminster, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This by far was the nicest and best hotel EVER!! A young man by the name of Daniel took care of our reservations, when we got there everything was set and ready. He let us know where everything was located, and we knew if we had any questions he would be more than willing to help us. We didn't even need to leave the hotel premises. The whole staff was outgoing and friendly. Absolutely no problem with the room, will come here again.
The Silver Trumpet restaurant is fantastic, very elegant yet casual clothing accepted, the food WOW! The chef knows what he is doing. Our waiter Brian very knowledgeable on the different foods they serve and was right there to help if we wanted anything.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property, and for giving recognition to our team members who enhanced your stay and made it such a memorable one. We are so pleased that you had such a wonderful stay and enjoyed all our property has to offer. Our mission is to provide an exceptional product, with superior service, and luxurious onsite amenities leaving our guests not only satisfied, but with a desire to return. We would love it if you would stay with us again soon. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions or concerns. Warm regards,

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband, son and I arrived to the Wyndham after an exhausting flight...not only did the bell man greet us with a smile but he went above and beyond our expectations. The front desk member Anthony was kind, patient and helpful! We were checked in and on our way to our room in a timely manner. He even escorted us to the elevator! When we got to our room we were amazed at how nice it was. It makes you feel as if you are right at home. With the unique decorating styles its not only homey but a fun atmosphere. Now on to the restaurant the Silver Trumpet. We ate here almost every night of our stay!! The food and staff were AMAZING! The bar which is one of the best hotel bars I have ever seen looked like a fun and relaxing way to spend an evening. (wish we didnt have our kid with us so we could have enjoyed it more haha) To sum it all up this hotel is AMAZING and I will never stay at another hotel in Orange County again!

WAY TO GO WYNDHAM!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sloan S, Front Office Manager at Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Good evening,

I think your review does an excellent job of highlighting our property as both an escape for individuals and couples, as well as being family friendly. Our recently completed multi-million dollar renovations have truly set us apart, and I was pleased you found the changes we have made so intriguing. We are happy to have another guest completely satisfied and we look forward to arrival on property for your next visit. Please reach out to me directly with any special requests and I will be sure to accommodate them.

Malibu, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The last two times I have stayed with the Wyndham there have been errors my my charges and holds to my credit card including a charge for an additional night that cam out of nowhere and took along time to correct.

There seems to be no management that feels responsible or helpful. Dealings with Robin in accounting was the last straw for me. I am seeking legal advise to help me get it rectified. Cute hotel, with amazing updates, the staff are not always pleasant, front desk, and the accounting staff is clearly overwhelmed with complaints for a reason.

I would caution you about excessive charging and authorizations, then getting them reversed or corrected is a nightmare at best.

When I extended my stay one night was told I would be called back and was not, then demanded to move rooms, then they felt they did me a big favor to charge me more to stay in the same room that afternoon ater no follow through.

I enjoy giving great reviews, the staff has made me feel I owe fellow travelers to be prepared, I was also told ownership could care less about my concerns, per Robin in acctg and try and find her to file your complaints with a laugh. She is obviously very removed from her caring about her guests.

I met Mr Marriott himself a few years ago, he made a point to ask me about my stay in Dana Pt where his granddaughter was getting married. Caring is fara more impression.

Room Tip: Facing the water.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We traveled to Costa Mesa with family; our second room was up-graded to a mini-suite at no additional change. The check-in staff was very helpful, clear, understanding and knowledgeable of the surrounding area. The room was very nice; clean and comfortable with easy adjustability to HVAC. There was a limited mini-bar that was unexpected, but completely sufficient. Although the beverage consumed was not replenished nor charged on the finial billing until we brought it to their attention. The only drawback is that if it had been replenished we most likely would have consumed it, thus accruing additional charge and the hotel making a sale! The hotel was very quiet and we could not hear the outside noise from the freeway nor the airport. I would stay there again if we return to the area!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sloan S, Front Office Manager at Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Good afternoon,

I am ecstatic that your stay was terrific and that you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade. By reading your review I see that your room was quite comfortable, however I do apologize for the mini bar inconvenience. Your insight into the mini bar is greatly appreciated, and I will be passing along to my mini bar manager. Please stay with us again and feel free to reach out to me personally to coordinate your next stay.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

On a business trip I was lucky enough to stay at the Wyndham Orange County. One of the highlights of my trip was the hospitality I received from the shuttle driver "David." The shuttle was a needed amenity for me, and David "the driver" was not just courteous, but made me and my group feel extremely comfortable and welcomed. The Wyndham goes above and beyond with there customer service, and anyone looking to spend some time in the Orange County area I highly recommend staying here. PS ask for a "lakeside" facing view, those rooms are the BEST.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Good morning,

I am so pleased you had such a great stay and that David was able to assist you. Our service standard is something we pride ourselves on, and it is so nice to hear when one of our staff personally recognized. Please stay with us again, and we will be sure to give you a Lakeview room.

Sloan

Been to Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel? Share your experiences!